1st November player scramble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waynee Poo about to be announced as the Finns coach , and come the 1st of November it will be on like donkey kong.

With a new team equalling a treasure chest to spend. I can see player managers creating an off season in the media, the like of which never seen before.

Agree , the **** is about to hit the fan BIG TIME!!

I think a lot of managers and players are going to be very disappointed ... with the exception of maybe one player, Benny and the Dolphins don't need to .. and won't pay overs .. in fact I wouldn't mind a small wager that a lot of good players will want to go there on unders .. just to be part of the foundation team, to play for Benny, or simple just to go home to QLD ...

He'd be close to the perfect signing.

I just like him as a player.

Centres where I think we need to invest the greatest amount of cash.

We know he goes good at fullback. I wouldn't say centre is his perfect spot, but I said the same about Jamie Lyon and for a five eight he certainly went ok out wide. Just feel he'd add to the squad no matter where he popped up.

I'm a big believer that U pick your best 17 players and the positions to a large extent take care of themselves.

@Robbo speaks alot about a natural footballer, and to my eyes this lad has that in spades.

I really don't know what centres I would want, let alone pay big $$ for. It's not a strong position atm in the case of player talent in the NRL.

Atleast with Parker you get a solid defensive centre and feeds his winger well, could be a bit faster to make more opportunities for his winger.

Harper i thought was going great until the end of the year. Earlier in the year he provided so much enthusiasm, tackled well, provided a little bit of x-factor in attack....just seemed to taper off like many here have mentioned.

Centres from other clubs considered guns are all hot and cold, can have some strong games, but are passengers more often than not from what I have seen in 2021.

So...what do you do...?

Corey Allan being shopped by the dogs apparently. Would make for a handy winger and fullback cover for turbs considering the pooches would likely be paying some of his contract. Though I think Reuben with another offseason might be pretty solid for the role.
Doggies paid a fair whack for him I think?

I mean I would be against it purely as backup on 200k with the Dogs paying the rest, but that seems like fantasy

I really don't know what centres I would want, let alone pay big $$ for. It's not a strong position atm in the case of player talent in the NRL.

Atleast with Parker you get a solid defensive centre and feeds his winger well, could be a bit faster to make more opportunities for his winger.

Harper i thought was going great until the end of the year. Earlier in the year he provided so much enthusiasm, tackled well, provided a little bit of x-factor in attack....just seemed to taper off like many here have mentioned.

Centres from other clubs considered guns are all hot and cold, can have some strong games, but are passengers more often than not from what I have seen in 2021.

So...what do you do...?
We've lost a few. Funa, Suli gone. Walker currently not signed. Jetski has also lined up a fair bit over the years at centre for us also gone.

We will have to add depth in this area.

Some might be kids. But you'd expect at least one coming in to be an experienced mature aged player.

We've lost a few. Funa, Suli gone. Walker currently not signed. Jetski has also lined up a fair bit over the years at centre for us also gone.

Some might be kids. But you'd expect at least one coming in to be an experienced mature aged player.
Interesting indeed. Might depend on what we are expecting from Tuipulotu next year? Our ST spies don't seem to have been impressed with what he did this year, but surely we signed him on some sound basis. Surely!!
I'm tipping 2022 is a breakout year for him.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yeah I’m struggling with the $$$ for the losses , a few upgrades ( Marty’s last year with us hurts ) and Bullemor incoming.

Surely that’s not it.

Corey Allan being shopped by the dogs apparently. Would make for a handy winger and fullback cover for turbs considering the pooches would likely be paying some of his contract. Though I think Reuben with another offseason might be pretty solid for the role.
He was pretty good at souths, went backwards at dogs (unsurprising) - he would be a handy back to have in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10