MANLY V Penriff -Pre-game discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I lost my house when Parker didn't end up playing Second row last week!

:(
He didn't get on the field but that doesn't mean the mail was inaccurate...Cullen was omitted as suspected and Parker was put on the bench.

And surprise surprise; Kennedy has been named in the backrow!

THE Sea Eagles forward depth is being put to the test with Kiwi international Lewis Brown sidelined with a knee injury.

He has undergone minor surgery and is expected to miss two games.

Fellow Sea Eagles backrower Curtis Sironen underwent surgery last week on a torn pectoral and is not due back until the final round of the premiership.
Lewis is out for 2 weeks
His 80 minute performance against the Warriors resulted in a 23 metre gain .
It wont take much to replace him
This is a great opportunity for the new boy that replaces him to shine

Well I'm off to the Penwith Panfers game with Sis, son and niece. Long time between games as I have been based in Thailand for a number of years. Never been to a game out there, so expecting a feral welcome.
Straight to panfars leauges after the game!

Where's my man Hastings, has he hit on someone's off limits daughter?....He was going well I thought. And from all reports was doing everything right in reggies. Now Cullen has jumped the cue?
As for lane, his aim must be to get those octopus arms free and get some second phase play going. Can't see him making tackle busts. This'd have to be his final crack I reckon.

Zero tackle

Panthers centre Dean Whare has been sidelined after scans revealed he suffered a broken jaw against the Rabbitohs.

The fracture is non-displaced and does not require surgery however it could keep Whare out for up to four weeks.

Where's my man Hastings, has he hit on someone's off limits daughter?....He was going well I thought. And from all reports was doing everything right in reggies. Now Cullen has jumped the cue?
As for lane, his aim must be to get those octopus arms free and get some second phase play going. Can't see him making tackle busts. This'd have to be his final crack I reckon.
I think they want him as a half now and a half only. Koroisau has cemented his place as hooker and any player coming off the bench to interchange with him just strictly be for impact. Hastings is a brilliant player, although Cullen is more of an impact player (id prefer we pick Hastings). Now Hastings can focus on developing his skills as a halfback/five-eighth for Blacktown so he can slot in in the future

Lewis is out for 2 weeks
His 80 minute performance against the Warriors resulted in a 23 metre gain .
It wont take much to replace him
This is a great opportunity for the new boy that replaces him to shine
And hopefully if the replacement does kick some backside over the next two weeks, ol Lewis will play out his contract in Blacktown.

I think they want him as a half now and a half only. Koroisau has cemented his place as hooker and any player coming off the bench to interchange with him just strictly be for impact. Hastings is a brilliant player, although Cullen is more of an impact player (id prefer we pick Hastings). Now Hastings can focus on developing his skills as a halfback/five-eighth for Blacktown so he can slot in in the future
I do get the feeling this is the reason behind Hastings non-selection as of late. It could also be a case of keeping our back-up halves game fit and ready. We have seen quite a few times where Hastings was on the bench but didn't get any playing time. Now Cullen gets his time on the 1st grade bench after plenty of minutes with Blacktown, while Hastings gets 80 minute runs with Blacktown now.

As you mentioned Cullen is possibly more of an impact player than Hastings. I do however think Hastings showed anytime he came off the bench he was more than able to make a real impact. Like you I would prefer Hastings over Cullen also.

Last edited:
I recall reading in some gossip section a few weeks ago, that there was a young player offside with his coach because he couldn't get a start in first grade and that he destined to stay in reserves. ........I wonder.....

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8