MANLY V Penriff -Pre-game discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As everyone knows, the Panthers are chock-full of talent and despite their problems they remain a massive danger team.

But Manly will win this match, and the main source of my confidence this week is that the past 2 months have convinced me that Barrett is a lot better coach than Hook.

Heard Lussick also a chance to fill in at 13, Taupau the other option. Who goes to replace brown at 2nd row? interesting times

I'd pick
1. Tom Trbo
2. Matt Wright
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Brad Parker/Shaun Lane
13. Darcy Lussick
14. Jackson Hastings/Shaun Lane
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Addin Fonua-Blake

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope tom
Heard Lussick also a chance to fill in at 13, Taupau the other option. Who goes to replace brown at 2nd row? interesting times

I'd pick
1. Tom Trbo
2. Matt Wright
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Brad Parker/Shaun Lane
13. Darcy Lussick
14. Jackson Hastings/Shaun Lane
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Addin Fonua-Blake
Lussick at 13 would be my pick but I don't know about his match fitness.

Two week injury for Manly backrower Lewis Brown #NRL https://t.co/6n0NsVh81L

This is so sad news. What will we do? I'm that depressed it will drive me to drink........ in celebration!:devil:

Having said that and having watched the last 2 games multiple times, whether it be the weather conditions or not, the stats show the forwards have been down on their involvement over the previous games. All the forwards need to pick up. With Jake out, and Sironen injured, this now offers an opportunity. We need the replacements to stand and deliver. Career maker or breaker with the recruitment team ready to put a pencil through names of those who don't turn up.

Likely that Martin Taupau will replace him with Kelepi Tanginoa off the bench a possibility as he may not cover 80 minutes, Lussick to prop with Lawrence
you think the club are just going to throw some cast off june 30 depth signing for the Blacktown Workers into first grade when there are guys like Kennedy, Lane and Parker who have been busting their arses all season?

Tanginoa isn't a Barrett signing...he is a Hales signing from their days together at the Eels. He has been bought in to play Blacktown Workers because all the NSW Cup forwards are playing up at the moment due to injury/origin etc.

Put the house on Kennedy getting a run this week.

you think the club are just going to throw some cast off june 30 depth signing for the Blacktown Workers into first grade when there are guys like Kennedy, Lane and Parker who have been busting their arses all season?
No, I heard he's a chance to play for us against Penrith. I've done a yart for the game earlier and both Parker and Lane are in the side. Parker at second-row for Brown, Lane on the bench for Cullen/Hastings (who may take his spot) and Tanginoa on the bench as Lussick moving into starting side

12. Brad Parker
13. Darcy Lussick
14. Shaun Lane/or utility option
16. Kelepi Tanginoa

With Frizell and De Belin ( supposedly) injured I'd suggest Trent Merrin is next in line, which would weaken their forward pack a fair bit.

I know Penrith were poor last week but expect a bounce back from them - I had this game pencilled in for a loss when I first worked out Penrith would be full strength and we wouldn't...more confident now after recent events BUT certainly wouldn't be taking this one for granted. We weren't that great either last week for large parts.

There is a lot of optimism around though and hope the optimists are on the money this week and I'm wide of the mark.

Makes them more dangerous with peachey coming in id say.

Have we heard if addin is ok? He limped off last weekend.

I'd be so tempted to run on with Shaun lane, could be the carrot he needs dangled

Penrith will be dangerous this weekend, at home and smarting from a big loss.

I think that helps Penrith.

Whare is bog average and terrible in Supercoach.

Peachey is far more dangerous and young Kelly will have his work cut out.

If Rein comes back into the side, they will be far better as well.

Anyway, it's an away game. We win.

#WinIt4DCE

I can feel the Manly Team really stepping up for their Captain.:nod:

Baz needs to lay on the 'Us against Qld'
images

With Frizelle hurt and Merrin called in as cover last SOO, Riff maybe without :)

Merrin? What, do Walters and Daley have a bet on who can try to lose next Wednesday? You don't pick DCE so we'll pick Merrin?

In the words of a great South Aussie sports commentator and former state cricketer Ken "KG" Cunningham.....strike me pink.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10