Manly Centres 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Like what? 3 times? I don't remember complaining about Kelly after 3 games.

I think you will find he has filled it 9 times. To me more solid, and has a mental toughness about him that BK needs to develop. We will have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one Buzz. And of course if BK keeps the gig, I wish him all the best.

Umm, because he has been rock solid whether on the wing or in the centers when called up. I'll take that.
Parker was really fantastic against easts at brookvale this year. He looked at home and troubled the roosters in attack and defence.

The next week vs tigers he made a few errors including losing possession in the last 2 mins to give them the opportunity to steal the game from manly. I believe that is when he did his knee injury.

I've seen enough to have high hopes for him, but there will be the odd rookie error too.

we have a wealth of young talent so let m.wright, anderson compete for wing, and kelly, parker, t.wright and funa compete for centre. Some healthy comp and you could maybe even bring parker off the bench as a 2row. He's served us well but its time jorgey moves on, too much talent in the stocks. Tom wright at centre reminds me a lot like walker, a consistently threatening ball runner.

1 trbo
2 anderson / funa
3 kelly / t.wright / funa
4 walker
5 uate
6 green
7 dce
Wright, parker, funa back up and pressing for an interchange spot

Umm, because he has been rock solid whether on the wing or in the centers when called up. I'll take that.

The last time Parker played, he dropped the ball 1m out from the goal line and cost us the game.

I think there s no way anyone can say categorically that he is "rock solid", he simply has not played enough!
I've only seen him on TV but he looks too slight for a modern game Centre/Winger. (193 cm, 90kg)

The last time Parker played, he dropped the ball 1m out from the goal line and cost us the game.

I think there s no way anyone can say categorically that he is "rock solid", he simply has not played enough!
I've only seen him on TV but he looks too slight for a modern game Centre/Winger. (193 cm, 90kg)
Mate cost us the game! Haha what cost us the game was getting punished in the forwards, and that same dropped ball happened when he did his knee. He has been great in his games so far, hasnt put a foot wrong against the likes of Vatuvei and Koroibete. As for him being to small what do you want as a winger! A 112 kg 199cm winger who is slow as f##k. His frame is perfect.

Mate cost us the game! Haha what cost us the game was getting punished in the forwards, and that same dropped ball happened when he did his knee. He has been great in his games so far, hasnt put a foot wrong against the likes of Vatuvei and Koroibete. As for him being to small what do you want as a winger! A 112 kg 199cm winger who is slow as f##k. His frame is perfect.

You again? You'd think a "16 year old kid" would have better things to do with his time ..............

Nothing against the guy - he tries his heart out and wears the maroon and white - but M Wright cannot be in our FG team next year. He can only be temporary cover for injury. Surely...

I think he gets a bit of a harsh wrap. Whilst i do agree and think anderson should be given the spot id prefer m.wright over taufua... wright is a goal kicker and safe under the high ball... 2 things taufua severely lacks and the latter is crucial to being even an ok first grade winger. Doesnt have the running game of taufua but his finish is still great. Regardless i somewhat still agree with you

Fair enough. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Completely disagree about Tafua and Wright.

Wright isn't first grade material in my opinion. He tried his best so for that he deserves credit but he is miles off Jorge. His goal kicking is average. He's slow. His defence decisions are average. As I said, he did his best but in my opinion he is depth at best.

Tafua at his best is a rep player.
Yea thats fair points actually.
Its just mainly taufua under the high ball. If he could catch well under the high ball, and his hands were good, hed be one of the best wingers in the comp. Its more personal preference, for me I think theirs two massive factors that are of equal weighting when I look at a wingers contribution to the team:
being a good finisher (almost everyone these days) AND
being good under the high ball.
Tbh i wouldnt mind vice versa, just hope cherry picks up his goal kicking with both hands.

Losing Jorge completely derailed our season, IMO. Nobody else in our squad took up his share of the fast hard-running metres that he offers at the start of a set. Him, Uate and Turbo together taking the first few hit ups in a set always had us on the front foot.

Yeah it's been mentioned before on other threads but Tafua actually makes less mistakes than the majority of top wingers in the game.
I think he had a few consecutive months a year or so ago of dropping highballs and now everyone over states his average errors. In 2017 he was fantastic up until his injury. We missed him.

In 2017 Wright made 0.6 errors per game.
Jorge was 0.7. Uate 0.8. Hardly a noticeable difference.

Except Wright is 19 and still learning the game. I would expect more mistakes from a youngster.

Don’t discount Lewis Brown guys. He’s very experienced and could really add something to the side playing inside Jorge. Kiwi international with explosive speed off the mark and superb tackling technique, and yeah, very experienced.
Don't forget how many penalities he can muster!

Yea thats fair points actually.
Its just mainly taufua under the high ball. If he could catch well under the high ball, and his hands were good, hed be one of the best wingers in the comp. Its more personal preference, for me I think theirs two massive factors that are of equal weighting when I look at a wingers contribution to the team:
being a good finisher (almost everyone these days) AND
being good under the high ball.
Tbh i wouldnt mind vice versa, just hope cherry picks up his goal kicking with both hands.
One of the big jobs for wingers these days is taking the early hit ups and working the ball out of your own 22, and at that, Jorge is up there with the best of them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8