Manly Centres 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Those favouring Parker over Kelly should remember that Kelly was alright in his first few games for us too, it was only deep in to the season that he started to become a liability on defence. And by the end he'd sorted that a bit. I think losing Taufua really hurt his consistency.
This Taufua umbilical cord theory/excuse does not cut it for me
One on one miss tackles and dropping the ball cold is each players responsibility .

This Taufua umbilical cord theory/excuse does not cut it for me
One on one miss tackles and dropping the ball cold is each players responsibility .
Confidence is to blame for his drop in form then return to form. Early on in the season he was comfortable with Taufua and the side wasnt getting targeted strongly but once the spots in that side got chopped and changed players confidence went down, namely kellys. He then returned to form for the final rounds. I still think he is walkz long term centre partner. He is good young centre with plenty of footwork and speed.

Those favouring Parker over Kelly should remember that Kelly was alright in his first few games for us too, it was only deep in to the season that he started to become a liability on defence. And by the end he'd sorted that a bit. I think losing Taufua really hurt his consistency.

And that is exactly what we cannot afford...inconsistency. We need a centre that is going to stand up consistently every game and not go through patches.

2018 Centres would have to be
Brown and Kelly .
Brown for his valuable experience and Kelly for his enormous potential .
With the Brown/Kelly combination we would arguably have the most consistent performing and dynamic centre pairing in the NRL.
Brown and Kelly have revolutionised the centre position . They have both proven that to be the stars that they are they don't need superior size and power and speed to consistently make their mark in every game
At their best these two make all the other centres look pedestrian.
Does this mean we can trade in Walker and clear some cap space for the next 2 years. Brilliant idea!

Confidence is to blame for his drop in form then return to form. Early on in the season he was comfortable with Taufua and the side wasnt getting targeted strongly but once the spots in that side got chopped and changed players confidence went down, namely kellys. He then returned to form for the final rounds. I still think he is walkz long term centre partner. He is good young centre with plenty of footwork and speed.
I totally disagree with everything including the """"""plenty of speed""""""" . In the final round , The semi final he was back to his inconsistent best .
This is Kellys players ratings in the last game , the semi final where you say your "speedster" returned to form .....
FOX SPORTS .....4. Brian Kelly (5)
Went down in an awkward tackle before halftime but recovered to take his place in the second half. Couldn’t repeat last week’s heroics though, and dropped a crucial ball with Manly on attack.

Putting the Kelly is just 21 years of age in perspective .....
Walker is 22 years of age and at just 20 he played for Australia .
We all have different of opinions based on what we see from players and what I saw from Walker at 20 years of age tearing teams apart was not what I saw from Kelly at 21.
For those comparing Matai to Kelly as a late bloomer . Matai represented NZ at 22.
What I saw from the youth of Matai and Walker I don't see in Kelly .
Nothing personal on Kelly or against the Kelly lovers on here . This is just my opinion and we are all entitled to that .

and Parker is only 20, he is the year behind Kelly, I would play him first if fit.

The off season is a long road and the whole 17 for round 1 should be selected on effort during the offseason and performance in the trials. Potential doesn't win games - performance on game day does. 2017 was good except for a few very poor defensive efforts when we hemorrhaged points. I'm looking forward to a even better year in 2018.

I totally disagree with everything including the """"""plenty of speed""""""" . In the final round , The semi final he was back to his inconsistent best .
This is Kellys players ratings in the last game , the semi final where you say your "speedster" returned to form .....
FOX SPORTS .....4. Brian Kelly (5)
Went down in an awkward tackle before halftime but recovered to take his place in the second half. Couldn’t repeat last week’s heroics though, and dropped a crucial ball with Manly on attack.
He is a fast centre, not addo carr fast but he is fast. In the under 20s he was burning players and most under 20s back are faster than the NRL backs. Ill have faith in him, and that semi final rating isnt very accurate considering they gave lussick 2 despite him playing what I reckon was his best game of his career.

He is a fast centre, not addo carr fast but he is fast. In the under 20s he was burning players and most under 20s back are faster than the NRL backs. Ill have faith in him, and that semi final rating isnt very accurate considering they gave lussick 2 despite him playing what I reckon was his best game of his career.
We will disagree with this one and we will remain feathered friends :)

Patches? I'm depending on you son.
How does the rest of this verse go ? Something like , I"ve tried to do my best and now it is all up to you . I wonder how many footy analogies that can be related to this verse reference . After last season though it is understandable why this topic is the centre of much attention sometimes . However i guess the reality is that to be serious title contenders next season , Manly will definitely need a consistent in form centre to partner a fit Walker .

And that is exactly what we cannot afford...inconsistency. We need a centre that is going to stand up consistently every game and not go through patches.
How do you know that Parker wouldn't be inconsistent? He's only had a few matches in first grade. We have no idea how he'd go over a whole season.

So many were disparaging Walker in his first season with us. Kelly will come good because he is not only quite quick and evasive but he has a good football nous...something many others in first grade dont have. He's a cleverer player than Walker, even if Walker is quicker. As for Parker, he is solid and dependable and in time could be a good fit. But he's not as quick or evasive as Kelly. I actually see him as a Brown substitute covering both forwards and backs. I suspect we are going to have a very different opinion about Kelly next year. There's something about the kid that suggests class. Maybe on the wing outside Tom Wright could be a good fit, or vice versa

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10