Manly Centres 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

brad

First Grader
Trouble is Tom Wright will have to ease into the transition otherwise it will be the same story as Brian Kelly, unless coach Barrett is seeing this another way . At the moment im seeing Kelly to be a fair way out in front , at least for the next year or 2 because of the cooker he was thrown in this year . The experience he gained will be invaluable. Thats not to say wright won't be wrong in time .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Trouble is Tom Wright will have to ease into the transition otherwise it will be the same story as Brian Kelly, unless coach Barrett is seeing this another way . At the moment im seeing Kelly to be a fair way out in front , at least for the next year or 2 because of the cooker he was thrown in this year . The experience he gained will be invaluable. Thats not to say wright won't be wrong in time .
I don't know what your seeing feathered friend .
Players with the freakish skill and speed of Tom Wright can not be taught no matter how many years experience they have in the NRL .
There will always be long careers made from average players and brilliant players because that is how mother nature works and Tommy Wright is mother natures best .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yes and B Kelly had amazing highlight packages too....

As the wise old poster @BOZO has said before - just because the play well with the boys doesn't mean they will with the men. Bozo, if you expect Wright to walk into first grade centre and be faultless your going to get a rude shock. He'll take time just like Kelly.

Obviously a talented kid but a long way to go. Can be a game breaker one second and then throw away a match another time. Much like Kelly but they've just had exposure to different positions.
Show me the amazing Kelly highlights ???
Lets compare how amazing they both are

Ben

Bencher
I would use Tom Write off the bench at the start of the season as utility to ease him into grade. He can play anywhere in the backline. This would be a perfect introduction protecting him from the intense starts.

brad

First Grader
I don't know what your seeing feathered friend .
Players with the freakish skill and speed of Tom Wright can not be taught no matter how many years experience they have in the NRL .
There will always be long careers made from average players and brilliant players because that is how mother nature works and Tommy Wright is mother natures best .
Fair enough, but what ive seen of Tom Wright he has alot of work to do to hold down a first grade spot . Champion he might be , but its going to take abit more then cutting it up in the 20s to mixing it with the big boys . To me he is only in his early years of his apprenticeship. Kelly on the other hand got more experience than a second hand indian prostitute, which will hold him in good stead for next season. Ive been silently one of kellys biggest critics ( my fault ) but i think we will see a very improved footballer in 18 . I take your opinion on board feathered friend.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Don't want to waste my time. We all know your thoughts on the kid.

But there's plenty there. Especially his record achieving game for NSW. I guess he made that rep team by fluke. And the 6/6... luck. ;)
You have done the talk, now show me his speed and skill highlights feathered friend

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Fair enough, but what ive seen of Tom Wright he has alot of work to do to hold down a first grade spot . Champion he might be , but its going to take abit more then cutting it up in the 20s to mixing it with the big boys . To me he is only in his early years of his apprenticeship. Kelly on the other hand got more experience than a second hand indian prostitute, which will hold him in good stead for next season. Ive been silently one of kellys biggest critics ( my fault ) but i think we will see a very improved footballer in 18 . I take your opinion on board feathered friend.
I take your opinion on board as well feathered friend :) and all I was saying is that some players have skill and speed in spades and some don't and match experience wont grant them those attributes . Some will become greats and other average players no matter how many years they play

brad

First Grader
I take your opinion on board as well feathered friend :) and all I was saying is that some players have skill and speed in spades and some don't and match experience wont grant them those attributes . Some will become greats and other average players no matter how many years they play
All good mate , yer look i think Tommy Wright is something out of the box and manly obviously think so as they are nurturing him along and hopefully the vultures aren't circling. He'll make it there's no doubt, you can't have that much ability and not go on to better things . Time will tell us and hopefully not to long a wait.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Don't bother @Batty ..... here is what he was saying about Kelly just 6 months ago ...
I always say it as I see and since then I had seen many games of him to make a good evaluation .
One good game every 6 months ? That's funny Woodsie lol

smithy

Reserve Grader
I think Kelly starts round 1 and will be better for the years experience. Although with Walker unlikely and Parker out the other spot is definitely up for grabs. Barrett will probably lean towards the experience in Matt or Jono Wright although I think Tom Wright has too much potential to be behind them for long. then again hopefully Tom blitzes the trials and demands selection as his skills are special and he has that potential as he did in 20s to turn a game on its head. Funa I think needs another year in 20s, for those that think Tom Wright has some defensive deficiencies, Funa has more to work on. Then again this is common coming out of 20s as Tom Turbo and Dylan Kelly have shown.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12