Jack Bird

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Guy's, Jack Bird isn't coming. There is no way we could afford him without wrecking our cap. He would have to be on the outer at Cronulla with them paying half his wage. That isn't the case so he is not coming. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Bird and Tapau at Manly next year would be fantastic

Sad to see Matai go but he is busted up now like dropmough

Last edited:
Hearing this story will break tomorrow. Jack Bird is unhappy at the Sharks and filthy that they won't guarantee him a spot at 5/8 Or fullback, telling him he has to battle holmes, Barba and Townsend. Manly have made him a very good offer and he is desperate to come. Deal being brokered that would see Manly swap Matai for bird and Jesse-Sene Lefao was the steak knives as part of this deal!

No not Matai! My heart couldn't handle seeing Skivvy in another jersey.

Hearing this story will break tomorrow. Jack Bird is unhappy at the Sharks and filthy that they won't guarantee him a spot at 5/8 Or fullback, telling him he has to battle holmes, Barba and Townsend. Manly have made him a very good offer and he is desperate to come. Deal being brokered that would see Manly swap Matai for bird and Jesse-Sene Lefao was the steak knives as part of this deal!
Source

Mate where did you hear this story.
There's been a lot of people proclaiming themselves sources and guaranteeing things lately. I'm not going to do that Inheard it from a guy who has close ties to some of the lower grade people, he's usually pretty reliable but not always on the money. I said it was a story and could be just that a story. Thought people would be interested regardless. I'm sceptical personally. Makes sense for both clubs though in my opinion.

There's been a lot of people proclaiming themselves sources and guaranteeing things lately. I'm not going to do that Inheard it from a guy who has close ties to some of the lower grade people, he's usually pretty reliable but not always on the money. I said it was a story and could be just that a story. Thought people would be interested regardless. I'm sceptical personally. Makes sense for both clubs though in my opinion.
I always stated my Bird rumours were 100% made up!

If both Bird and Tapau end up here in 2016, then we are a very different prospect - even if we lose a champion like Matai. It also means Lyon stays in his preferred position and Tom T is in the 13.

I can see Matai being moved on and Kapow moved in. You want two Skivvy hair dos in the one team. But u never get them both at the same time.

I always wanted Mauro to play next to Horo. We went close but just never happened.

Will only believe when I see this confirmed?
Exciting though the anticipation with all this signing news and speculation! Just hope we do not end up hoppa

i wonder what Brett thinks if the rumours are true.

The old management didn't offer gift a new deal when he was off contract, offloading Matai while under contract is another slap in the face to another one of his closest friends.

I'd hate to see Matai play against us but he is getting towards the end of his career.

I do want Bird and Taupau though

Isn't it good to see a return to the "this player or that player is keen to move on and Manly is the team most likely to gain their signature" stories (even if only rumour)?
For a little while there it looked like it was going to be one way traffic the other way.

Isn't it good to see a return to the "this player or that player is keen to move on and Manly is the team most likely to gain their signature" stories (even if only rumour)?
For a little while there it looked like it was going to be one way traffic the other way.
So long as we are based where we are based, beats A LOT of other places to earn a living...

Out on a limb here, but if anything Bird will see out 2016 and hope for a 5/8th gig in 2017 at any club that will pay a price.

Bird wants the NSW 5/8th gig and the $ that it will command; no doubt. However, the signing of Maroney and Townsend has probably killed 2016 off.

Look for Manly to deal in 2017, depending on how aussie post works out. Cant see Bozo paying overs in 2016, when a few lean spells as winger or fb or whatever that fool failagan plays him at in 2016 results in a price drop

Hi all, first time poster long time viewer of this great forum. I don't think Matai is going anywhere as Barrett mentioned on NRL 360 that he cant see why Lyon, Stewart and Matai cant win another comp at Manly.. odd he would mention him and then release him...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10