Jack Bird

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly, we are going to have a vastly different game plan. We are going to have a vastly different squad. I think there will be some teething problems as the players adjust to begin with, and build chemistry.

I think we will see a club that is all pulling in the same direction. That alone will make the difference for me. I think we'll ride out this negative feel around the place, and we will start getting positive and promising media attention (starting to happen now).

Guys like Trent Barrett are easily approachable, and open to discuss what he wants to achieve. Nate Myles, Brenton Lawrence, Darcy Lussick have personally tweeted me. I kind of feel the club has asked their players to be more interactive.

In regards to the players we are letting go. Are we making a better judgement call letting them have an opportunity at a 1st grade team. Gutherson, Lui, JSL & others wouldn't make our top 17. Isn't it better that they are provided an opportunity to play at the top grade, rather than bide time in Premier League?

Anyway, I'm focusing on the positives. I've renewed my season ticket, and I can't freakin wait to next season to see the product that is crafted before us.

My prediction: 6th to 8th.
If we get Tapau: 4th to 5th.
Well Taupau is pretty much official!

I appreciate what Ryan is saying about Barrett but the recruitment programme has Bozo up to his eyebrows involved.

Bozo's theory as coach was always about a massively strong forward pack to put the opposition on the back foot and then let the backs run riot,

In defence, it was all about the forwards being intimidating and the backs being strong defenders, surrounded by a couple of genius play makers to create the space and opportunities, coupled with speed out wide.

Bozo, as a coach, loved to intimidate the opposition through the forwards and you just have to look at the forwards he assembled as coach to realise it. He obviously highly respected the packs he played behind and what delivered Manly premierships when he was playing.
When he was coach, we even had two internationals playing reserve grade at one stage (Schubert, Ray Brown and when he wasn't playing reserve grade the Australian Captain was).

I think Bozo has said to Barrett, 'you can have whoever you want in the backs and playmakers, I'll decide who we have in the forwards and, they're going to be big, they're going to be tough and they're going to be feared'. Hasler followed the model to a tee and still does, but doesn't really have the playmakers he had at Manly, even though he has SOO players (they're good but not great).

I'm getting quietly excited about 2016 but I look at the Cowboys, who'll be playing with immense confidence now (the roster will be depleted in 2017), Brisbane, Roosters, Souths and the Bulldogs, and look at their rosters and think it may be 2018 for the next premiership, but, we'll be thereabouts in 2016 and 2017 and could pull off a surprise and improve dramatically if Barrett is as good as those in power think he is.

One or two premierships every 10 years with consistent finals appearances is fabulous and much more than other teams achieve. It's soooo good to be a Sea Eagles supporter and I've been with them since 1968. Good times, sad times but sooo many good times.

Hmmm. Interesting that the Sharks have bought Josh Cleeland, one of the stars from the Ipswich Jets side, same side Parcell was playing in. Cleeland is a five eighth. Hmmmmm
Well done mate - this thread had died in the arse so stoke the fire a little. Expect to see your dot connecting in the next Ask Lurker haha

Dad played golf this morning. At golf, his mate told him he had played golf with Terry Randall's son (C.R.) last week. He had asked C.R. who was going to fill the void at five-eighth next year and he apparently said Bird will.

Well Flanno is running out of time to sign him to an extension by Nov like he promised...

Dad played golf this morning. At golf, his mate told him he had played golf with Terry Randall's son (C.R.) last week. He had asked C.R. who was going to fill the void at five-eighth next year and he apparently said Bird will.
Did he he say Jack?
Could mean Greg .
Jack would be good.
No thanks to Greg. Although he would get on well with the SG Ball coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8