Jack Bird

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Well that is how management seem to run the ship.. i wonder if they told him training is in Narrabeen?

Barrett is pulling all the strings here. Parcell / Wright were direct negotiations.

All the adjustments we are seeing is basically his call (with advice from his team of mentors - including Cartwright / Bozo & others)

This is his machine. Everyone at the club are currently all pulling in the same direction (much to the dismay of the doomsdayers).

I expect you are right Ryan. Its just that their behaviour with 2V where he was at times embarrassed to find out info while on TV discussion groups, was quite insulting and nasty. Could have been handled far better.

With Fulton there, sanity may have returned to the place. Just remember the mess we were in before Fulton was invited back to help out. We were going nowhere and had lost both of our top halves and no sign of new blood. Lets not be too complementary of the Penns and their group, despite the recent turn around. They could see they had lost control and confidence of the club and made the one sensible decision they have so far made...handed Fulton the reins.

Barrett is pulling all the strings here. Parcell / Wright were direct negotiations.

All the adjustments we are seeing is basically his call (with advice from his team of mentors - including Cartwright / Bozo & others)

This is his machine. Everyone at the club are currently all pulling in the same direction (much to the dismay of the doomsdayers).
I have no problems with Barrett being coach. I have no issues with any of the signings. I think we are in for a strong year, especially if Marty Taupau is coming. What I don't like is when our players re-sign in good faith, only to be told by the new regime their services won't be required. The club agreed to those contracts so they should be honouring them. If we had to wait an extra year or two to rebuild then so be it. You just don't treat people that way. It just hasn't been the Manly way.... until now.

Last edited:
Hasn't the club already bought some 5/8s ??? We will have an endless supply of 5/8s like we have hookers. I can't see Bird coming here anyway, he is just about to sign again with the Sharks. He will probably play 5/8 and Maloney will play 7 for Sharks as Robson is off to the Warriors. I still see Bird as a Lock. I have heard he is a pr*** as well and only wants to play 5/8 as long as he has the ball all the time

I have no problems with Barrett being coach. I have no issues with any of the signings. I think we are in for a strong year, especially if Marty Taupau is coming. What I don't like is when our players re-sign in good faith, only to be told by the new regime their services won't be required. The club agreed to those contracts so they should be honouring them. If we had to wait an extra year or two to rebuild then so be it. You just don't treat people that way. It's certainly hasn't been the Manly way.... until now.

Well said @bones. It has traditionally been the Parra way, which is cause for concern considering where it got them.

I have no problems with Barrett being coach. I have no issues with any of the signings. I think we are in for a strong year, especially if Marty Taupau is coming. What I don't like is when our players re-sign in good faith, only to be told by the new regime their services won't be required. The club agreed to those contracts so they should be honouring them. If we had to wait an extra year or two to rebuild then so be it. You just don't treat people that way. It's certainly hasn't been the Manly way.... until now.
That is the Penns way

Hasn't the club already bought some 5/8s ??? We will have an endless supply of 5/8s like we have hookers. I can't see Bird coming here anyway, he is just about to sign again with the Sharks. He will probably play 5/8 and Maloney will play 7 for Sharks as Robson is off to the Warriors. I still see Bird as a Lock. I have heard he is a pr*** as well and only wants to play 5/8 as long as he has the ball all the time
They have Maloney and Chad Townsend for the halves.

My sentiments entirely Bones. Well said. But I am really coming to the conclusion that the club stuffed it up big time and had to call in Fulton to rectify what was becoming an untenable situation. They handed the reins to Fulton I suspect and said 'fix our mess'.

That is where suddenly Fulton has realised the unsustainability of many of the contracts if Manly wanted to be competitive. For starters he had to win DCE back, with a few inducements. Then he knew that Manly needed some building up and mongrel and a good foil for DCE. It was at that point that the cleaners had to come out to make salary cap room.

If they had got Fulton in in the first place, a lot of this nonsense with contracts may have been avoided.

Barrett is pulling all the strings here.

I would be shocked (and a little dismayed) if this were true. He's a rookie coach - I'm sure the idea is to surround him with experience and advice. Besides which, I can't see Zorba and the Penns not having their two-cents-worth (or millions of dollars worth) on just about every decision.

The club agreed to those contracts so they should be honouring them.
The club will honour them and has no choice but to honour them. But no contract at Manly comes with a guarantee of first grade selection. Surely.

If players are told 'our plans are changing, see if you can do a deal elsewhere', I don't see a major problem with that. If they dig their heels in they are still entitled to the amount Manly contracted.

So what are your predictions for next year Ryan? After meeting with Barrett whats your feel?

Honestly, we are going to have a vastly different game plan. We are going to have a vastly different squad. I think there will be some teething problems as the players adjust to begin with, and build chemistry.

I think we will see a club that is all pulling in the same direction. That alone will make the difference for me. I think we'll ride out this negative feel around the place, and we will start getting positive and promising media attention (starting to happen now).

Guys like Trent Barrett are easily approachable, and open to discuss what he wants to achieve. Nate Myles, Brenton Lawrence, Darcy Lussick have personally tweeted me. I kind of feel the club has asked their players to be more interactive.

In regards to the players we are letting go. Are we making a better judgement call letting them have an opportunity at a 1st grade team. Gutherson, Lui, JSL & others wouldn't make our top 17. Isn't it better that they are provided an opportunity to play at the top grade, rather than bide time in Premier League?

Anyway, I'm focusing on the positives. I've renewed my season ticket, and I can't freakin wait to next season to see the product that is crafted before us.

My prediction: 6th to 8th.
If we get Tapau: 4th to 5th.

Will only believe when I see this confirmed?
Exciting though the anticipation with all this signing news and speculation! Just hope we do not end up hoppa
I'm thinking all signing news amongst other news will be revealed when TB officially joins us on the 2nd November.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12