GAME DAY - Manly v Storm [Round 2,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thank **** that's over. Gutsy win but we need a pack that can give us 80 minutes. Tooves could probably do to give Leary that last 7 minutes and play Jake more.

Needs to look at rotating the forwards a little better. Jake T was immense: but only saw the field in the last 6-7 minutes!!

If they're in the 17, they're good enough. Stop wasting them!

Without Foran, I thought our energy was up, and Feleti handled himself better than Foran would have.

What do others think?
I just want to enjoy the win.
But I actually thought of your posts in the first half, when DCE was carving them up. It felt weird that he was playing so well for us but I couldn't put it out of my mind that he'll be playing against us in future. Just doesn't feel right, I'd rather not know.

SIGN JAKE TRBOJEVIC FOR LIFE!

I don't need to see anymore!
Agreed, every secondhe was on the field he made count he was fired up and just dug in big runs and big hits awesome, give him the key to the padlock on the gates at brookie

Great to see some passion - especially Mason at the end. It's nice to know it means so much to them.
We really, really need to play smart when momentum is going against us - dropped balls, poor last-tackle options, not finding touch, etc. That said, I thought all the boys really hung in there all game. Great effort from everyone involved. Except the refs, who were absolutely horrible and pretty much responsible for both momentum shifts in the game (one to us, one to them).

Agreed, every secondhe was on the field he made count he was fired up and just dug in big runs and big hits awesome, give him the key to the padlock on the gates at brookie

Hell, yes. He only got five minutes, but what a way to make an impression.
Top effort from T Red, too, who really stood up like a senior player should.

Listening to 2GB from Thailand. The Manly chant near the end was spine tingling. Broadcasters praising the guts of our great club, basically only Manly could summon up the courage to recover from a week/month from hell. Man of the Match to me were the Supporters at the ground. Really helped get the boys over the line. Well done. Must have been an electrifying atmosphere at the end.

Needs to look at rotating the forwards a little better. Jake T was immense: but only saw the field in the last 6-7 minutes!!

If they're in the 17, they're good enough. Stop wasting them!
I feel that Leary could drop out so we could add more size and impact.

Then you're running out a constant stream of fresh Mason and BJ and Starling and Burgess and JSL and Jake T. Just keep churning those boys and that's enough size to mix it up with the biggest packs so long as they are rotated wisely...

Guys I think it's important to remember we're playing some guys who used to be bench guys in starting spots. It'll take a few weeks for the speed to settle and them to develop into the frenetic opening speeds. I'm referring to lui, burgess (although I thought he did really well) symonds, and Leary played big min and is only just getting used to nrl. Give it a few weeks the legs will develop!!

The forwards competed, which I liked. Buhrer is the glue that sticks our side, mase was good as was burgess. It about giving blokes a go sorry but starling, lawerence come across and tackling bags.
São was good in his time as was jake t. Blake Leary another. Tommy symonds showed some quality today.
Time to move on from horo as well. I liked toovs taking a chance and sticking his neck out.
Last thing I happy to have egg on my face, Mateo if we use him like that then we could do anything not sure where this sits with foran but he was amazing with ball in hand.

I have no voice left but its it worth every time

I hope the MWSE puts up that vision of The Circle of Power. 2v going off in the middle like a firecracker as we yelled Maaanly, Maaanly - inspirational stuff.
Foz was there too, easy choice to love Manly :inlove:

I was happy with how jake t was used would he have had the same impact earlier? I doubt it but he comes on and plays 5 minutes that will be talked about all week rather than 15 - 20 of a mixed bag. He fired up the others too.

I'm going to struggle with mvp this week. Dce was incredible in the first half.
Soggy Sao was in absolutely everything I swear he didn't leave the field really dug in constantly

Mateo made a few dodgy decisions but just really had a whale of a game!

Jamie buhrer is dead set one of the most underrated players in the game he is an incredible footballer who plays so far above his weight it seems impossible. His defense is brilliant and can put on a hit, he runs some of the best angles with and without the ball and then has ball skills on top of that absolute star.

Real captains knock from Jamie Lyon, I think when we watch the replays he will be up there as one of the best on the field.

Hiku was rock solid and really picked up where snake was a little off tonight under the ball.

Matai was awesome going both ways.

Honestly on through 17 all contributed with amazing touches.

I really liked our change up in attack today, our back line played a lot of ball in the middle which I've not really seen us do as much as we did tonight. At times lyon, buhrer and Mateo all played he 5/8 role and snake just kept running off and around them.

Best game I've seen from our forwards in many many games

Jake's shot reminded me of watching a certain second rower who wore headgear throughout his career.....@;)

Lined him up with his shoulder, hit him in the ribs and sat him on his arse.

I feel that Leary could drop out so we could add more size and impact.

Then you're running out a constant stream of fresh Mason and BJ and Starling and Burgess and JSL and Jake T. Just keep churning those boys and that's enough size to mix it up with the biggest packs so long as they are rotated wisely...

I thought Leary was pretty good tonight but I get what your sayin!

Jake T bought on some of that old school front-on up under the ribs hitting that you just don't see any more. I'd like to see him softening up some of these so-called superstar forwards: I doubt any of them have been hit like THAT for a looooong time ;)

I am s big a Toovey fan as they come, but you could smell Melbourne coming with 20 to go and he held Jake T back for some reason which has me perplexed, but otherwise very happy.

Big wrap for Buhrer who played a stormer in his first game after a long lay off. I also think he did well to regroup after the drop ball.

I wish Ballin hadn't kicked from dummy half with DCE outside him; not a good play. Oh well, that's nitpicking; we won!!!

I was happy with how jake t was used would he have had the same impact earlier? I doubt it but he comes on and plays 5 minutes that will be talked about all week rather than 15 - 20 of a mixed bag. He fired up the others too.

I'm going to struggle with mvp this week. Dce was incredible in the first half.
Soggy Sao was in absolutely everything I swear he didn't leave the field really dug in constantly

Mateo made a few dodgy decisions but just really had a whale of a game!

Jamie buhrer is dead set one of the most underrated players in the game he is an incredible footballer who plays so far above his weight it seems impossible. His defense is brilliant and can put on a hit, he runs some of the best angles with and without the ball and then has ball skills on top of that absolute star.

Real captains knock from Jamie Lyon, I think when we watch the replays he will be up there as one of the best on the field.

Hiku was rock solid and really picked up where snake was a little off tonight under the ball.

Matai was awesome going both ways.

Honestly on through 17 all contributed with amazing touches.

I really liked our change up in attack today, our back line played a lot of ball in the middle which I've not really seen us do as much as we did tonight. At times lyon, buhrer and Mateo all played he 5/8 role and snake just kept running off and around them.

Best game I've seen from our forwards in many many games
Don't forget lui's defence that shot he put on was as good as jakes

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10