GAME DAY - Manly v Storm [Round 2,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need more game time for Jake but I think Tooves was trying to ease him back in after the injury and being in first grade. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jake T debut last year. Those foxsports clowns kept saying he was on debut. We need the young guys like Sao, Leary, Lui, Turbo , JSL to get an 80min fitness level up. Donny will work on them, its early in the season we don't want them burnt out already.

Can't see Tom Turbo being kept out of first grade much longer. 7 tries in 2 games. I know it's U20 but he's got first grade written all over him

I think Hasson is a good team mate which seems to get him far in Tooves squad, but we need talent to win out.

I had terrible reception for the match yesterday. Wifi coverage was dropping in and out for minutes at a time. But I persited and what a game.
That was a really special win for Manly after the week the club and fans have been through. Proud to be a Mighty Eagle. I may have had just one post match cocktail too many in celebration.

Much like last weeks game against the eels we were good in the first half and lost it again in the second half. The eels are a better side than the storm. The storm will be lucky to make the eight.

Storm are a very good side, especially early in the season. I agree they will flag towards the end and maybe limp into the 8 but that was a big test for our team and they passed. Just. But they will be so much better for the experience.

We can win this game if the referees police Melbourne in their slowing down wrestling tactics.

Come on ref police the storm's tackles.

Manly in a close one 2 to 4 points in it.

Don't want to gloat but I was right between 2 - 4 points in a close one.

To all those that thought we'd lose ha ha!

We need more game time for Jake but I think Tooves was trying to ease him back in after the injury and being in first grade. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jake T debut last year. Those foxsports clowns kept saying he was on debut. We need the young guys like Sao, Leary, Lui, Turbo , JSL to get an 80min fitness level up. Donny will work on them, its early in the season we don't want them burnt out already.

You are wrong, he made his debut in 2013, rd 26 against Penrith where he only got about 5 minutes but didnt look out of place even at 19.

He has only just turned 21 so is still very young for a prop but coming into that ago of get him in there

Seven players have been charged by the match review committee after the first seven games of Round 2, but only Storm forward Dale Finucane and Raiders winger Jeremy Hawkins are looking at a game on the sidelines.

Both players have loading from prior non-similar offences for their Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (Finucane) and Grade 1 Dangerous Throw (Hawkins) charges, meaning they will still miss a game each each with an early plea.

Newcastle forward Beau Scott gave Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston a torrid time up in Townsville, but can escape suspension with an early plea to his Grade 1 dangerous contact (head/neck) charge.

Cronulla's Michael Ennis (contrary conduct - Contact with Match Official), Manly's Tom Symonds (Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck), and Canberra pair Jarrad Kennedy (Dangerous Throw) and Luke Bateman (Dangerous Contact – Other) can all escape suspension for their Grade 1 charges with early pleas.

Tred had no chance of rolling away from the guy backing into him. The cat stayed down and now we have a crusher tackle charge :mad:
Finucane is the one who cannonballed Hiku @:mad:

Watching the replay: Near the end of the game when buhrer tackled and knocked the ball loose from the storm player the tv camers scanned the crowd on the hill.

There was one guy decked out in Parramatta gear. He was holding up a sign that said "Try."

I thought, You know....that seems about right.

I'm fairly certain that Jake made his debut against Penrith in the last round game in 2013.

2v is just on NRL360 and they had the audio of what Snake said in The Circle.

Snake "Ive got an announcement, I'll be here next week" :p

2v said "If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at" We did it for the Fans to show them that the playing Group is united on the field

Love Tooves. On the plus side, he made it through with no breaking news.

• Article rank
  • 19 Mar 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Geoff Toovey
Togetherness pays off

UNITED PLAYING GROUP TOUGHED OUT GAME AGAINST STORM
PLENTY of people have speculated about what was said on the field last Saturday night moments after we beat Melbourne at Brookvale Oval.

Despite what you may have heard, it was simply a show of unity.

I was very proud of the playing group – they responded magnificently when many tipped us to crumble.

We have shown over many years we are a resilient club. It is a team sport so it is integral we are unified.

The future plans of players are not relevant once they run out to play in maroon and white.

I was always confident we would bounce back versus the Storm, especially on home soil.

In the end we just held on but it should be pointed out Melbourne had all the momentum in the second half.

We now have a chance to win a second game in the space of a week at Brookie.

Des Hasler is still a good mate of mine, and he will have the Bulldogs ready to rip in.

I know all the boys are very excited.

Any game against Canterbury tends to be a quality contest.

MATEO STEPS UP

WITH Kieran Foran out injured for a few weeks with a hamstring injury, we really needed someone to step up last weekend and help Daly Cherry-Evans.

I did consider throwing Jamie Buhrer there before going with Feleti Mateo.

He is happiest in the backrow but didn’t he do an outstanding job for us at pivot!

I had no drama picking him in the number six jersey again this week – he offers us an x-factor and I think Canterbury will struggle to contain him.

PROUD OF ‘FOZ’

WHILE on the subject of Foran, it goes without saying we were disappointed to see him ink a deal with Parramatta on Monday.

When he told his teammates what he was doing beyond this year we were all naturally deflated but it is done and dusted now.

He has been a fantastic player and is a wonderful young man, playing an integral role in our recent onfield success.

“Foz” has the utmost respect of everyone at the club and we are proud to have seen him develop into the player he is today.

I have no doubt once he returns to the paddock he will be his usual dynamic self.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2