Croker - Honest opinions need apply

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Here's the deal ... give Hastings five games as five-eight and goal-kicker and if he fails I'll cut the comedy and admit I know stuff-all about the game, but I'm confident it'd work better than our current options. No, he won't win the Dally M but he'll organise our side and take pressure off DCE.

Give the guy a break. He hasn’t been that bad at all. I would say solid without setting the world on fire. He was clearly still concussed when he played the ball the wrong way yesterday.

I think with api, DCE, Walker, and the two turbos around him he will come good. His defense is far superior to Hastings.

Give the guy a break. He hasn’t been that bad at all. I would say solid without setting the world on fire. He was clearly still concussed when he played the ball the wrong way yesterday.

I think with api, DCE, Walker, and the two turbos around him he will come good. His defense is far superior to Hastings.
Yeah but his general kicking and passing game is rubbish.
He looks like a deer caught in the headlights and out of his depth.
We gave him the benefit of the doubt for 5 weeks, time to try something different with Hastings.

Yeah but his general kicking and passing game is rubbish.
He looks like a deer caught in the headlights and out of his depth.
We gave him the benefit of the doubt for 5 weeks, time to try something different with Hastings.

For me its more his organisation on the park. Hastings has shown in his small bouts that he is a better organiser.

Also without green our lack of B2B sets is hurting, and as TEHL said, hastings has a better kicking game.

I think I’m missing something here. Barrett is dead keen on Croker and that’s great, but can someone tell me what he offers? I’m genuinely interested. I keep thinking I’m missing something and he’s the next Cam Munster or something. Like what’s the theory on having him in at 6?

He looks a bit like Blake Green

All I’ve heard from commentators this season is how well Green is going with NZ and how Manly must be missing him! Ha.

Back to the original question. Why is Croker a potentially good option at 5/8? I’m genuinely interested.

Here is a question, or two.

We all know that if a player goes off twice for a HIA in the same game that he's out for the rest of the game. Do the rules also state that the player in question can't play the next week?

And TBH I am not 100% sure that the second time Croker came off after his backwards play the ball was a HIA. Was he just replaced by Hastings or did he come off for a second HIA? If he was just replaced then he should be available for selection this week and knowing Barrett after 2 and a bit years, if he's available we're going to have another week at least with him at 5/8.

Here is a question, or two.

We all know that if a player goes off twice for a HIA in the same game that he's out for the rest of the game. Do the rules also state that the player in question can't play the next week?

And TBH I am not 100% sure that the second time Croker came off after his backwards play the ball was a HIA. Was he just replaced by Hastings or did he come off for a second HIA? If he was just replaced then he should be available for selection this week and knowing Barrett after 2 and a bit years, if he's available we're going to have another week at least with him at 5/8.
Pretty sure the on field call was HIA both times - in fact, almost positive.

I am trying to recall the rules; however, I thought there was a rule for a mandatory week off if a player had two HIAs in the one game, or whether it is simply a medical clearance decision.

The reason I asked is because when Croker came off the second time he was walking by himself like he had just been replaced. If someone was coming off for a HIA shouldn't they have the trainer with them rather than let them walk around with a head knock?

If he does have to sit out this week I still have the sinking feeling that Hastings will be named at hooker and Api at 5/8.

If he does have to sit out this week I still have the sinking feeling that Hastings will be named at hooker and Api at 5/8.

I get that feeling as well. I actually think it would be interesting to see if it works but still a gamble. Prefer to see Hastings at 6 but oh well

I don't even want to see it as a gamble. We wasted 2016 before it was even half over because we didn't have a proper 5/8, not too enthused about doing it again in 2018.

Don't get me wrong, I'll support the team either way. Its just frustrating to think that our coach seemingly isn't learning from his past mistakes.

To be fair, Trent hasn't been caught doing pushups in his undies in a public bar for a few years now…

I’m glad he and Joey had the courage to come out though

F064E528-8C74-4BE2-A8FA-51CD1486A27D.jpeg

Poor Croaky

I preferred Hastings > Froggy (as most of us did), in the pre season. However Twenty and Daly went in a different direction.

Now, if we are upset at a kid trying but not being successful, or being upset that Twenty isn't giving Hastings a go, maybe there is a reason why Twenty is persisting. Team harmony is a thing, and knowing the playbook is too.

Croaky does seem overawed, and probably should be given some confidence time in reggies. But maybe Trent wants to see the player group welcome Hastings (if the reports of dislike are true) over a few weeks as a bit player before he would consider it?

People are funny. But this thread reads like something you would find in doesntmatta chief land. They have 2 established halves on 900 and 800k and the unwashed masses want them both gone.

We are discussing which 150k guy is better than the other 150k guy. They are not the problem with us winning matches. There are far bigger "Elephants in the Room" than our 2nd receivers.

Poor Croaky

I preferred Hastings > Froggy (as most of us did), in the pre season. However Twenty and Daly went in a different direction.

Now, if we are upset at a kid trying but not being successful, or being upset that Twenty isn't giving Hastings a go, maybe there is a reason why Twenty is persisting. Team harmony is a thing, and knowing the playbook is too.

Croaky does seem overawed, and probably should be given some confidence time in reggies. But maybe Trent wants to see the player group welcome Hastings (if the reports of dislike are true) over a few weeks as a bit player before he would consider it?

People are funny. But this thread reads like something you would find in doesntmatta chief land. They have 2 established halves on 900 and 800k and the unwashed masses want them both gone.

We are discussing which 150k guy is better than the other 150k guy. They are not the problem with us winning matches. There are far bigger "Elephants in the Room" than our 2nd receivers.
I gotta disagree, majority of our problems stem from Croker. He is a solid defender but that is all he has. His running, kicking and ball playing a practically non existent and he lacks speed and zip. He never threatens the defence and doesnt take the role of being in the halves well as he doesnt do anything for the team or Cherry. It is a weak link in our team and we look worse at time than in 2016 with walkz at 6. Croker has to go so we can have a proper organising half in Hastings. The rest of our team is travelling pretty well, injuries dont help, either does the inconsistency.

Surely the subject would come under scrutiny between captain & coach, and DCE gives some feedback?

No doubt the Coach has the last word, if there were to be any objections.

Surely the subject would come under scrutiny between captain & coach, and DCE gives some feedback?

No doubt the Coach has the last word, if there were to be any objections.
The coach does have the last word and if he keeps persisting with Croker at 5/8 then our semi final chances are doomed because Croker is not capable of steering our team into the top 8. Croker will steer our team straight into an iceberg where we will sink into the bottomless end of the table .

Hello!

I have a cold and it took me three goes to type 'Hello'.

I'm not anti-croker and I hope he develops into a good 5/8th. I'd just like to know how a player can get allllll the way to first grade and then when the coach asks him about his kicking game he shrugs his shoulders and says: "I dunno."

Didn't we all kick the footy around as a kid? Set the ol' tee (or sand in @Woodsie 's case) up?
Then if some wanted to go on to be a halfback or 5/8th, it is being suggested that he never saw a 5/8 kicking, never had a coach wanting him to do it? Or never even set out to practise it a bit for fun? wtf is wrong with that?

Never played "force em backs?" Sheesh, even when warming up for touch footy with your friends you usually send up a few torps!

Even had a whole pre-season being worked on as the first 5/8 but didn't want to stay after practise and kick a few? I just can't understand it.

Or does he kick and I've missed it.

I gotta disagree, majority of our problems stem from Croker. He is a solid defender but that is all he has. His running, kicking and ball playing a practically non existent and he lacks speed and zip. He never threatens the defence and doesnt take the role of being in the halves well as he doesnt do anything for the team or Cherry. It is a weak link in our team and we look worse at time than in 2016 with walkz at 6. Croker has to go so we can have a proper organising half in Hastings. The rest of our team is travelling pretty well, injuries dont help, either does the inconsistency.

For a kid (at least, compared to most of us in here lol), sometimes you can be a smart cookie @Turbo1 .

If you compare Walker and Croker as 5/8's....at least Dylan ran with the ball at speed and also kicked the ball occasionally. Croker has seemingly got nothing but decent defence going for him as a pivot.

Again I ask the question.....how on earth do you have someone with next to no kicking game as a first choice first grade 5/8 in today's game? That might work in a league like the South Aussie competition, but not in the elite NRL comp.

The game has changed from the days when halves like Des or Tooves rarely kicked the ball. But the difference is that they could do other things that more than made up for that (besides, they didn't need to kick because we had others like Cliffy, Rowdy and Matty Ridge to do the kicks). Both were great defenders, great runners of the ball and they knew how to set up their supports without having to kick. Croker doesn't even run the ball. In 5 games I am yet to see him run more than 5 metres (which with his speed compared to Walker is like slow motion). Even in the training run against the Eels he was only a pass off link player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11