Croker - Honest opinions need apply

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Michael Clare

Reserve Grader
He very well could be one day....but needs more development in a less pressure situation (utility or Blacktown). Time is something we don’t have atm and he doesn’t offer enough attacking threat to trouble defences. We are hamstrung with the cap penalties atm so we might be stuck with him as Hastings is very clearly out of favour as half.
The big question about Hastings being out of favour is WHY!!!??? The bloke can play and it's not a popularity contest if compatibility is an issue. I'd love to see him at five-eight or half and you can add kicking in general play (along with DCE) and I'd add goal-kicking duties too to relieve pressure on the great DCE who is being asked to do just too much.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
The more I see Hastings the more I like him. He adds energy to the side and variety. He's a thinking footballer and a born organiser.

He is very vocal about where he wants the players and tbh that’s exactly what we are missing in the halves!! An organiser. Croker looks tobe a running half and we have one in DCE. Look at Brisbane to see how two running havles go.

I’m starting to think TB will persist with him like he did with BK last yr. BK i could understand as Matai was gone but we have a better half in Hastings there all ready to go.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Croker won’t play next week because of the dual HIA in today’s game (I’m sure the rules are he needs to have a week off).

If he doesn’t put Hastings in the halves next week, then it’s clear he never will.

Just give him a shot for crying out loud.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
The more I see Hastings the more I like him. He adds energy to the side and variety. He's a thinking footballer and a born organiser.
What I like about Hastings is that he has bulked up and is a better defender than he was previously. If he was given the game play that green was doing last year I'm sure after a few games he would do the job. We need another kicking option and someone with more authority and who can play on both sides of the field

double hoops

First Grader
Was at today's game. What was clear was just how much of an organiser Hastings is. He talks more and directs players, be it the warm up, or the first second he is on the fireld. DCE makes a statement hear and their. But there is a reason this team looks so much better when Hastings is on the field.

Croker just dosent ball play enough. We can't play with 3 centres. Enough is enough. The kid has too go.

Holmsey

Bencher
We will continue to play under our best with Croker at 6. Cherry needs support, he was excellent today imagine if he had even less pressure and had someone alongside him who can run the team and kick.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Word out of the sheds was Barrett gifted Crocker the bike to ride back to Canberra, where he can play halves with Austin for the Mounties.
downloadfile.jpg

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
Croker can play. He has a good ability to draw in players to create an overlap much like foran and hebis a solid defender HOWEVER this team needs a talker, an organiser and someone who has the balls to overcall chez. Hastings is our man plus he has a great long and short kicking game. Based on crokers skills I can see why barrett gave him first crack BUT 2 from 5 aint good enough!

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Croker should never have come back after the 1st HIA. He looked so out of it and I was shocked when he returned, let alone infuriated. Hopefully he does get a rest with the 2nd HIA rule, as @pjayz said.

It beats me why Hastings isn't given a go at 5/8. Maybe next week he'll get his chance - will live in hope anyway!

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I could handle a rookie who is raw, with speed and the ability to create something, but Croker is not that player. We are persisting with a guy who is not overly fast, not overly skilful, has no kicking game to speak of and is not busy organising.

Croker simply perches himself on an edge and runs second man plays or occasionally hits the edge runner and THAT IS IT! I have not seen him do anything in 5 games of first grade outside of taking one of two possible options...out the back or short and that is it. OK, he threw one pass back inside against the Eels...not good enough.

Hastings has one of the best kicking games in the NRL but he hasn't been given a chance to use it. He organises and looks confident. The reason DCE kicking on the second tackle today was because he knows that he has to do everything. He needs help.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16