Croker - Honest opinions need apply

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Personally seen the ups and downs from game 1.
Looked dangerous at times when taking on the line and for a first up game straightened well and fitted in early with some good second man options.
At times on those switches through the ruck seemed out of sync which will come in time, a prime example was a DCE switch (admittedly the pass was damn high) but Croker had Tom T inside who was 100% into space if the pass was clean....maybe the execution from team mates didn't help at times either, being game 1 timing will ALWAYS be an issue, but seen a few sparks including his support play to suggest this will come good and he is keen.
Croker defensively made some great reads and was solid in this dept....actually rocked a few Knights and goal line defence a definate upgrade on Green.
Can't judge his kicking game as there was none ??
Far from a spectacular debut but was far better than our 1st game in 2017 with Walker at 5/8 imo....and in a game based on poor ball security in front of a hostile crowd - I rate the first up effort a pass and 6/10....more ratings and opinions please....

Personally seen the ups and downs from game 1.
Looked dangerous at times when taking on the line and for a first up game straightened well and fitted in early with some good second man options.
At times on those switches through the ruck seemed out of sync which will come in time, a prime example was a DCE switch (admittedly the pass was damn high) but Croker had Tom T inside who was 100% into space if the pass was clean....maybe the execution from team mates didn't help at times either, being game 1 timing will ALWAYS be an issue, but seen a few sparks including his support play to suggest this will come good and he is keen.
Croker defensively made some great reads and was solid in this dept....actually rocked a few Knights and goal line defence a definate upgrade on Green.
Can't judge his kicking game as there was none ??
Far from a spectacular debut but was far better than our 1st game in 2017 with Walker at 5/8 imo....and in a game based on poor ball security in front of a hostile crowd - I rate the first up effort a pass and 6/10....more ratings and opinions please....
Haven"t seen any replay but a pretty fair and accurate summation and rating of Croker "s effort last night . I like the fact that he seems to have good attacking ability and instincts which should suit Manly "s style of play and the timing of some of the set plays with Croker can only improve and get better . I thought that high pass to him from D C E was actually meant as a cut out pass but could be wrong and i guess it was instances like this with unforced errors that really contributed to quite a few missed opportunities for Manly . Croker and Tom "s combination in future matches will be important , as of course Tom is attacking input [ which was limited last night ] is crucial for Manly 's prospects this season . Croker seemed to do reasonably well in the Roosters trial , went quite well last night so hopefully consistency [ or lack of ] will not be an issue for him .

The best way to judge the success of Croker is to break down DCE's game...

Last night was a return to 2016 DCE...too many touches, trying too hard to make something happen and running around like a headless chook.

Green brought composure, was "on the ball" all of the time and directing the team around. Croker was solid, but he stayed on his edge and failed to command for the ball. We got told he was a genuine half who would direct the team, but he looks to me to be just a "no frills" hang on his own edge and wait, type of half.

We can't afford to go the same way as the Broncos and have a 6 and 7 that run the ball, but can't organise. I cringe when DCE does that running back and forth across thing...you'd never see Cronk or Thurston do that. It happens because Chez is not sure what he is supposed to be doing. It's being made up on the spot. That's a massive concern to me.

played as i expected really. Didn't set the world on fire, but had a crack. Obviously a work in progress. Hopefully some genuine combinations form in the coming weeks which will only help his confidence.

Haven"t seen any replay but a pretty fair and accurate summation and rating of Croker "s effort last night . I like the fact that he seems to have good attacking ability and instincts which should suit Manly "s style of play and the timing of some of the set plays with Croker can only improve and get better . I thought that high pass to him from D C E was actually meant as a cut out pass but could be wrong and i guess it was instances like this with unforced errors that really contributed to quite a few missed opportunities for Manly . Croker and Tom "s combination in future matches will be important , as of course Tom is attacking input [ which was limited last night ] is crucial for Manly 's prospects this season . Croker seemed to do reasonably well in the Roosters trial , went quite well last night so hopefully consistency [ or lack of ] will not be an issue for him .
You could see the shape was set up for an "inside, outside" play, like last year with Green and Tom T. The pass was a shocker but it was partly down to the spacing that looked plain wrong. Croker should have tried to catch the wayward pass and cop the hit, rather than continue with the hail Mary play.

Anyone else think there was a little bit of Foran about the way he takes the line on. He steps off the left, holds the ball in the right, and uses his shoulders to try and wedge through the hole. It came off at one point last night but then he pushed the pass that wasn't on.

After watching him I'm convinced we STILL need a 5/8 who can organise and free up DCE. Did he kick even once. With him in the team 2 positions are weaker than last year. Hope he can get it together. However, we need Hastings in #6 next week!

Surprised with his running of the ball, a couple of times I thought it was Tom hitting the line when it was Croker

Will give him time to settle before deciding one way or the other on him, were never going to know after 1 game

I think he had limited involvement out on an edge because that was TBs game plan. It was obvious that TB wanted Jake ball playing.

After watching him I'm convinced we STILL need a 5/8 who can organise and free up DCE. Did he kick even once. With him in the team 2 positions are weaker than last year. Hope he can get it together. However, we need Hastings in #6 next week!
To be fair we had no field position all night, we spend very little time in attack in their 20m which is where you would expect your 5/8 to become more involved.

Yes I didn’t think he looked out of place had some nice touches in 1st half defence is an upgrade on green will be better for the run
But if he is a game manager he has to try and do that which he didn’t really do last night maybe cause it’s his 1st game and he may take time to develop that.interesting if we get this cap Witch hunt sorted and get Kelly or Carney

I think judging a second game player, in round 1 , playing for a new team, in front of a hostile crowd is a little harsh.

This conversation should take place after about 3-4 games.

But it might be irrelevant anyway if we buy Albert Kelly , which was suggested by someone in the Salary Cap thread.

To be honest Barrett's game plan ?????? (or lack of) had more to do with the loss. Couldn't even organise his bench. Do we practise defusing bombs? Individually there were some very good performances. A bad one to lose but not the end of the world yet. Two points we should have banked and will come back to haunt us in time.

To be honest Barrett's game plan ?????? (or lack of) had more to do with the loss. Couldn't even organise his bench. Do we practise defusing bombs? Individually there were some very good performances. A bad one to lose but not the end of the world yet. Two points we should have banked and will come back to haunt us in time.
I thought his use of the bench was excellent ...

Who would you have taken off to put Brown or Winterstein on for?..

and when would you have done it?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12