Zac Saddler ... Indigenous team ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Zac be in our top 30 squad ..

• Total voters
Smith is halfback for Melb. They have that young guy they wanted to swap with Wests as Scams backup.
He played off the bench last year. He will be above Grant for number nine, hence why the storm were willing to trade him (Grant).
there was even a rumor that Scam would move to halfback to get him there sooner.

Last edited:
Dylan looked fit and sharp good signs, thommo just a workhorse love him, zach saddler got size but don't see him ahead of sipley, keppie, boyle or paseka.
Interesting view on Zac feathered friend . What do you think Zac lacks to be a front row contender ?

My two bobs worth.
Why would the anthem even be necessary in this game?
The anthem should be for national, international events particularly involving Australian teams or large events like the GF or origin.
Around 10 or so years ago they played it before every bloody comp game.
Ridiculous.
Personally, I think they have a point.
It doesn't include our indigenous people in the words and a couple of changes would fix that.
Whether it would be the end of it though I don't know.
And that's an issue that needs to be addressed.
But I believe that the boys handle it far more respectfully than they do elsewhere, by standing arm in arm with their fellow players and just not singing.

Interesting view on Zac feathered friend . What do you think Zac lacks to be a front row contender ?
I dont think he 'lacks' anything (based on the 3 times I've seen him play) but I do think hes behind Sipley (on form), Boyle (on experience and incumbancy) and Keppie (on expectation)... not sure he should be tho...

Main thing mate is being his not in our 30 man squad. I like his aggression and size. I know crusher brought him over from dogs. My main concern he a little too upright on carries.

Main thing mate is being his not in our 30 man squad. I like his aggression and size. I know crusher brought him over from dogs. My main concern he a little too upright on carries.
I love his aggression as well and hopefully he can build his game to another level

Did get a giggle that they dont want Advance Australia Fair played but 'Everyday People' by Arrested Development was blaring out during the match...

They might wanna take a closer look at those lyrics

Last edited:
I dont think he 'lacks' anything (based on the 3 times I've seen him play) but I do think hes behind Sipley (on form), Boyle (on experience and incumbancy) and Keppie (on expectation)... not sure he should be tho...
All of us fans have our opinions but the players will have the last say and good luck to all of them competing for top spots
Competition brings out the best in players which is a great thing

What is your point? "half cast" is indigenous. This is not (just) about skin colour it's about identity.

Again. Who is asking you to apologize? This is about creating a country that everyone feels proud of. Why do you feel that resolving this issue makes YOU any less.

Seriously? Wow....do you want to add one leader to that?

Even if you do think that, what do you think is the best way to get there? By enforcing national patriotism or actually building a better country through compassion and understanding.
Australia is doing a great deal to recognise the indigenous culture. Australia has an unfortunate past, one that we all wish never happened but the fact is it did happen and we need to learn to accept it and accept all Australians as one regardless of skin colour or the skin colour of their parents!
I never said anything about enforcing anything. All i was saying in my response is to appreciate our culture and ALL come together as ONE Australia!

ANYWAY rather than going back and forth and arguing lets get back on to the topic of footy! Not sure if its cos ive been watching cricket all summer but that was a cracker of a game

Last edited:
The thing is, this is incredibly similar to the religious debate; You want others to change because they don't fit to your own beliefs. You want them to act as you do even though their own beliefs are very different to your own and you believe your own ideas are right without question. I don't want to make this about white shaming or racism...it's flawed logic combined with words and actions which compound the problem.

Whether you like it or not, there are many in this country who don't feel like they are equal members of the community. For them, their history is one of second class and non citizenship. They grew up with family members who grew up in government run institutions which treated individuals as sub humans. Many grew up in communities were job prospects were close to nil and all authority saw them as a menace. Yes governments have done plenty to try to correct the errors of the past and you will no doubt argue that indigenous kids are born with more opportunities than white ones. But they are far more likely to be born into marginalized communities with serious problems and distrust towards the greater community. How about understanding where people are coming from rather than dismissing and demonizing them because they don't fit your world view. Wouldn't that be a more effective way to solve the problem? Don't we want an Australia where we are all proud of our history (that wasn't built on immoral actions by today's standards)? These competitions give indigenous people the opportunity to be proud of their heritage and that is something worth celebrating.
I would love for all Australians to feel as proud of their country as you do, but how do we get there? Many countries, in the past and today, enforce national pride on their citizens but I wouldn't want to live in any of them. Would you?
I would much prefer a country where total national pride was seen as a challenge to achieve rather than an ideal that must be met.
That’s the sorta Muzz rebuttal I expected.
Let me ask you this Muzz. How long do we have to keep apologising? When or if will it ever be enough that Indigenous folk will say , fair enough, you’ve done your best. Even though it is not this generation that has committed such atrocities. When is enough, enough.
I’m sure the majority of Australians now understand the dud hand the Indigenous people were dealt in history. But how, as a nation are we supposed to move forward, when all we seem to be doing is looking back?
There’s only so many times in any circumstance that you can apologise on behalf of past generations, before you say, we’re all square. Let’s move on together as one.
And if we were to change the national anthem , I would choose this one below.

Have just got off a 26hour Brisbane to london flight with two two kids under 5 so forgive me for any stupid question in the near future....

Where did Dylan play tonight? 5/8 I hope.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
He played centre but kicked long and short for them but didn't play the 6 role.. He roamed a bit. Played pretty good.

Edit.

I can't recall that he ever saw the ball at centre as ALL their attack was to Marsters' side. I guess that is because that is Ponga's side. He only touched the ball when he he went looking for it.
Thommo was solid and Zac did ok too.

Last edited:
Let me ask you this Muzz. How long do we have to keep apologising? When or if will it ever be enough that Indigenous folk will say , fair enough, you’ve done your best. Even though it is not this generation that has committed such atrocities. When is enough, enough.
I’m sure the majority of Australians now understand the dud hand the Indigenous people were dealt in history. But how, as a nation are we supposed to move forward, when all we seem to be doing is looking back?
There’s only so many times in any circumstance that you can apologise on behalf of past generations, before you say, we’re all square. Let’s move on together as one.

Well said mate.

I don't think anyone has said we have to keep apologising.
To your question as to when is enough, enough?
Maybe when life expectancy is the same: 80.4 for non indigenous vs 65.9 for indigenous
Maybe when child mortality is the same: 3.7 per thousand for non indigenous vs 11.6 for indigenous
Maybe when literacy and numeracy levels and employment prospects are the same.
I could go on. This is not looking back as you say. This is now. Educate yourself by reading the Closing the Gap report and ask yourself if it's ok, in a first world country, for all Australians not to be equal.

I don't think anyone has said we have to keep apologising.
To your question as to when is enough, enough?
Maybe when life expectancy is the same: 80.4 for non indigenous vs 65.9 for indigenous
Maybe when child mortality is the same: 3.7 per thousand for non indigenous vs 11.6 for indigenous
Maybe when literacy and numeracy levels and employment prospects are the same.
I could go on. This is not looking back as you say. This is now. Educate yourself by reading the Closing the Gap report and ask yourself if it's ok, in a first world country, for all Australians not to be equal.
And who’s fault is that?....the white man. It is how we are hardwired,
Did you miss the "sorry" campaign in the Rudd years.
Government handouts are not the answer either.
I know plenty of Indigenous people, who have no desire to help themselves, and are happy to suckle on the teet of the taxpayer.
They as a collective need to try harder. Stop whinging about atrocities that were committed generations ago.
And again I’ll say it, how can we move forward, if all you’re doing is bringing up the past as an excuse.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10