Young Manly Heroes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly, Andy Raymond lead the charge, but Kimmorley & that other fool just death rode us the WHOLE game. Literally. Absolutely pissed me right off. I was actually tempted to make a complaint about it in my old, cynical, the world hates me manner I live in right now.

Kimmorley and co. have made no attempt to be partial throughout the finals series where Manly was involved. They lauded the attributes of the other side time and again, and were left struggling when Manly kept coming back and winning. One great comment made was that Parramatta had a lot of talented players while Manly didnt seem to have anywhere as much talent in their team. And their forwards were rolling Manly who didnt seem to have an answer. Then there were the excuses why Parra were later struggling. The penalties, the dropped ball, unfinished sets, disproportionate time in possession, all as if they were being treated unfairly or that they were losing because of their mistakes, not because Manly were forcing their errors and outplaying them. Few times did I hear Manly's effort commended. There were one or two comments about their defence and they admitted Manly dont give up. But it was all about Parramatta and why they lost, not why Manly won. Disgraceful coverage and FOX should be ashamed to allow these guys to go on with such drivel.

The pre-lim commentary was so bad I swear Andy Raymond eventually got a call to lighten up. He said "Some may think we're being hard on Manly but..." then a break or something occurred in play.

Kimmorley and co. have made no attempt to be partial throughout the finals series where Manly was involved. They lauded the attributes of the other side time and again, and were left struggling when Manly kept coming back and winning. One great comment made was that Parramatta had a lot of talented players while Manly didnt seem to have anywhere as much talent in their team. And their forwards were rolling Manly who didnt seem to have an answer. Then there were the excuses why Parra were later struggling. The penalties, the dropped ball, unfinished sets, disproportionate time in possession, all as if they were being treated unfairly or that they were losing because of their mistakes, not because Manly were forcing their errors and outplaying them. Few times did I hear Manly's effort commended. There were one or two comments about their defence and they admitted Manly dont give up. But it was all about Parramatta and why they lost, not why Manly won. Disgraceful coverage and FOX should be ashamed to allow these guys to go on with such drivel.
I watched the Channel Nein coverage and I had no issues with it. I've now re-watched it and Joey Johns was actually pumping up the performance of several Manly players.
I also thought the refereeing was very good. Manly actually got the rub of the green, which is very unusual.
So, for once, I'd like to praise Nein and the officials. It was an incredible game and made me very proud to be a lifelong Manly supporter.

I saw very little of our 20s apart from the finals but to me Olakau'atu was a standout. Made me think of a young Brent Kite, huge and very athletic, just imagine if he turns out that good.

I saw very little of our 20s apart from the finals but to me Olakau'atu was a standout. Made me think of a young Brent Kite, huge and very athletic, just imagine if he turns out that good.

Agreed. If he has the mentality to handle the physical contact with the big boys I think he might end up as the best graduate. His instinct to be in the right place at the right time to capitalise on tryscoring opps is not coachable. Think Beaver.

Agreed. If he has the mentality to handle the physical contact with the big boys I think he might end up as the best graduate. His instinct to be in the right place at the right time to capitalise on tryscoring opps is not coachable. Think Beaver.

Hope that's Beaver and not TRex

Might have taken a few years but he has come of age as a dominant force in NRL.
As an offensive weapon he is already better than Kite, although Kite has the edge in workrate and longevity. (And grand finals!)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8