Young Manly Heroes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just got home from the games and have to throw my congrats to the boys for a great game. We were completely dominated through the middle early but weathered the storm to come back twice. A real team performance without a dominate player unlike the last few weeks. Thought Fainu was our best but Cust was very good. Wright was good and controlled his edge well. Thought Jesse Martin added plenty from the bench. Well done to all the boys and coaching staff on an amazing season. Hopefully, with the NYC now defunct the trophy can sit in the cabinet for good.

Make no mistake, todays win by our Holden cup team ranks as one of the greatest efforts by a Manly team in our history.

Watching the game live, it appeared after fifteen minutes that we had run our race and we were swamped by a Whinger team, that were stronger and faster and we were overrun at times.

What was so pleasing to see was this time started to claw its way into the contest by fixing up a leaky defence that was giving up so many metres and forcing errors that got them back into the game.

I have watched this team from round 1 this season and the potential was always there. To see them win a title after being stone motherless last in 2016 and scrape into the finals this season has been a really fun time and seeing them grow in confidence in the finals and beat quality teams to win the title tops it off.

Watching that today reassures me that we have a good future to look forward to and hopefully the club is able to retain the bulk of the team.

Well done boys and Wayne Lambkin has worked a miracle!!

I have been critical of what I saw as nepotism being shown to Fulton's offspring, which I didnt think was healthy for the club. But there is one of his kids who is showing a great talent for picking talent, and that is Scott Fulton. A number of the young stars in the 20s were brought to the club by Scott F. and he should be commended for it. Such a turn over of talent in just a year. He's making Noel Cleal's efforts seem pale in comparison.

Anderson, wright, fainu, funa, cust, jesse martin and olakau all show big promise
Agree spot on, although with another year in 20's I think Kioa(a little quiet yesterday) and particularly Titmuss have a bright future too(not the swan dive though).I thought Mau was good too,came on and took on the big Parra forwards and made some good yards.I just don't think that Smalley and Maarbani (as good as they have been this year) will be big enough to play at NRL level,they are not Taufua types unless they bulk up and become Matt Utai/Hazem ElMasri clones.

I have been critical of what I saw as nepotism being shown to Fulton's offspring, which I didnt think was healthy for the club. But there is one of his kids who is showing a great talent for picking talent, and that is Scott Fulton. A number of the young stars in the 20s were brought to the club by Scott F. and he should be commended for it. Such a turn over of talent in just a year. He's making Noel Cleal's efforts seem pale in comparison.
Give credit where its due . Well said feathered friend !!!

I think the big reality check is that playing for OUR U20s doesn't mean they will end up in a Sea Eagle jersey if they make it in the NRL.
I think the way some played they have a "real" chance of making our NRL team

I think Scott has spent the best part of 20 years in western NSW, so he has legitimate connections.

Didn't he just raid Westfield Sports High? How hard can that be?

Just asking, please do not destroy me, but I want to live on planet sensible.

Apart from Tom and Jake (yay boys), have any other under MWSE 20's made it to 1sts in Manly in the last 4 years ?
To me it seems totally plausible that 1 kid every 2 years has what it takes to do what Tom and Jake did.
And that means entire squads are farewelled into obscurity or other teams.

What am I missing about the players in this team that remind me of Jake and Tom?

Just asking, please do not destroy me, but I want to live on planet sensible.

Apart from Tom and Jake (yay boys), have any other under MWSE 20's made it to 1sts in Manly in the last 4 years ?
To me it seems totally plausible that 1 kid every 2 years has what it takes to do what Tom and Jake did.
And that means entire squads are farewelled into obscurity or other teams.

What am I missing about the players in this team that remind me of Jake and Tom?
Liam Knight, JWH, DCE, Foran, Guthrtson, Oldfield, Parker, Bainbridge. Maybe a few others played at other club Jorge played U20s at Parra etc, while Jesse Ramien debuted at Sharks (still U20s) and that Parra forward who name escapes me at the moment played for us as well

Last edited:
Cleal's 2009 toyota cup side will take a lot of beating.

Foran, DCE, JWH, Oldfield, Hopoate, Tasi etc Most made NRL at one stage or another

Inspirational win...
More importantly, anything that can get money into Manlys coffers is critical. Greenberg is keen to kill clubs like Manly off if he can, and from my perspective he can get knotted.
Go the $eaagele$ !!!
NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8