Young Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know right same here. I’d watched bits and pieces of the dogs this year but not a lot. I’m really happy we won and sone of the boys played really well (Harper Funa etc). But that dogs team is not first grade standard. They will win the spoon and save the Broncs sadly. Man my 10yr old has better ball handling as first receiver in his under10s than Lachlan Lewis. And to think guys like Waddell, lafai, Barrett and green are some how part of their solution fark!!!!! Digressing here but is it just me or is Blake green way overrated in media circles?
If 2020 hadn't been weird enough already, now we have a Manly supporter feeling sorry for the Dirty Dogs!
The world has officially gone barking mad.

If 2020 hadn't been weird enough already, now we have a Manly supporter feeling sorry for the Dirty Dogs!
The world has officially gone barking mad.
They must have forgotten what happen at the end of 2011

Harper was excellent last night , went well last week of course also and considering it was his i st hit out for the season in the top grade but last night seemed to exceed all expectations . Bull Dogs defence may not be top shelf but very deceptive runner and a touch of real class with his very impressive try and other attacking efforts . Seems to be be a capable defender as well , Would have to be the first centre picked right now , shrewd pick up and well done to the recruiting group .

Any chance Harper was good last night because he was playing against guys he trained with and knew their weaknesses?
Agreed, we are getting ahead of ourselves. He has excelled against two teams that are average at best. But what I like about Harper (and Tyfuna and Hoppa Jnr) is that he looks like a centre. He's not all bulk like Suli and Leluia. He has pace, skill, athleticism and backline 'smarts'.

Harper looks like and moves like a greyhound.

Looks good, let's see him up against some stiffer defence before we get too excited.

And he got caught out a couple of times defensively last night against whatever no-name the Dogs had up against him.

Agreed. Early days, but the potential is there. Will be interested in whether he secures his spot next year with Funa, Walker, Suli, Parker and maybe Hopoate competing for the two spots. Much better position to be in than we've been in the centres for around five years. Will be an interesting battle next year, but one that finally offers the Sea Eagles hope of dragging themselves out of the also rans

I'm really interested to see how he goes over the next two weeks. He is getting some attention in the media now which will bring expectation and pressure. I wonder how he will handle it. If he builds on his last two games we might have uncovered a hidden gem. The experience alone is crucial for him, Hoppa and Funa. It is such a shame Schuster is injured, he could have done with the game time. I said a year or two ago that Schuster is the best young talent I've seen coming through...ever. These guys could form a seriously good backline with Turbo.

Harper looks like and moves like a greyhound.

Looks good, let's see him up against some stiffer defence before we get too excited.

And he got caught out a couple of times defensively last night against whatever no-name the Dogs had up against him.
Yes, our defence across the board is poor. This is our biggest issue - injuries aside, if we can't implement a system and mentality that addresses this, we won't be winning the comp anytime soon.

Weird that the Bulldogs let Harper go - highly praised by Josh Morris & was instrumental in their win in the 2018 NSW Cup GF

Interesting facts - he became a father of twins at 16 & mostly played fullback or in the halves as a junior (his path to the NRL is somewhat similar to CNH from the Raiders)

The Kennel is the gift that keeps on giving

The kennel is a barrel of laughs!!!

There was a thread started suggesting that Trent Barrett is half Lebanese!! One poster renamed their newly appointed coach to Trent Beirut..

Great articles @40 nil, thank you.

He's taken on his responsibilities and grown up at a very young age, and done it without falling off the rails. Credit where credit's due!

So glad we picked him up. Though its only been 2 games, he's passed his initiation and is a keeper imo. Just wish we'd have played him sooner.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2