Worst fight in history

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I will still always get the Fox pay per view for the overall card, I had an inkling this big boy bubby shi* would be a writeoff and certainly delivered on that score :lipssealed: what a dud, but there's always some real good lead up fights with genuine future talent, so still enjoyed some earlier action...

As long as the punters are prepared to pay millions to watch the "entertainment" ... you can't blame the promoters for taking their money ... Half the A celebs and all the B celebs drove to Woolongong to watch the shiite ... singing shut up and take my money going down the highway ...

Hope Gorgous George made a good earn from the numbnuts ..

I'm not sure about 'the vibe' in the Aust boxing circles and I think Gallen is probably better than most of those other footy players who come out for those charity boxing nights...

Anyway, he said this after the 'fight'...

That may be Australian champion Justis Huni, the young superstar who will represent Australia at the Olympics later this year.

"If the money's right, I'll fight him. I'm not against anything, I've said that from day one. If the money's there, I'll fight him," Gallen said.

"He's going to represent Australia later in the year and if we fight before that, I'm happy to do it, I'm not against it. But Dean [Lonergan, Huni's promoter] – show me the cash, baby. Give me the money."

The thing that makes me chuckle is that Huni is a champ, going off to the Olympics this year and Gallen seems to think that after beating 7 or 8 errr... "boxers" - he's the one that can start chanting "show me the money" like he's the superstar.

I dunno. Huni has bigger things on his plate atm.

I'm not sure about 'the vibe' in the Aust boxing circles and I think Gallen is probably better than most of those other footy players who come out for those charity boxing nights...

Anyway, he said this after the 'fight'...

That may be Australian champion Justis Huni, the young superstar who will represent Australia at the Olympics later this year.

"If the money's right, I'll fight him. I'm not against anything, I've said that from day one. If the money's there, I'll fight him," Gallen said.

"He's going to represent Australia later in the year and if we fight before that, I'm happy to do it, I'm not against it. But Dean [Lonergan, Huni's promoter] – show me the cash, baby. Give me the money."

The thing that makes me chuckle is that Huni is a champ, going off to the Olympics this year and Gallen seems to think that after beating 7 or 8 errr... "boxers" - he's the one that can start chanting "show me the money" like he's the superstar.

I dunno. Huni has bigger things on his plate atm.
you may be right GE... but actual boxers struggle hard before they get to the point where they can make the sort of money that a bloke like Gal (or Mundine) can attract...

ex-rugby players have a ready-made profile where plenty of people either support them or will pay to see them have some panel-beating done...

A fight against Gal would probably appeal to the Hunis camp because it will only be a warm-up and (being the Aus champ) he will make a decent swag of money out of it.... I doubt Gal will take it tho unless he gets offered ridiculous money...

you may be right GE... but actual boxers struggle hard before they get to the point where they can make the sort of money that a bloke like Gal (or Mundine) can attract...

ex-rugby players have a ready-made profile where plenty of people either support them or will pay to see them have some panel-beating done...

A fight against Gal would probably appeal to the Hunis camp because it will only be a warm-up and (being the Aus champ) he will make a decent swag of money out of it.... I doubt Gal will take it tho unless he gets offered ridiculous money...

Fair enough (thanks). I don't understand the ins and outs of the fight game so it's always interesting to learn a bit. :)

edit:

full fight here!

I just can't understand the criticism of this fight. It was great fight. Much better than watching two big heavy weights jabbing and hanging on to each other for 10 rounds. I remember watching Geoff Harding and Jeff Fenech win fights in the first round and receiving allocates. Whilst Gallen was the much smaller man he hurt Brown by hitting hard and frequently. I can't stand the none sense that Gallen carries on with in the press but that was a good fight and a great performance by big mouth Gallen. Credit where credit is due IMO.

I just can't understand the criticism of this fight. It was great fight. Much better than watching two big heavy weights jabbing and hanging on to each other for 10 rounds. I remember watching Geoff Harding and Jeff Fenech win fights in the first round and receiving allocates. Whilst Gallen was the much smaller man he hurt Brown by hitting hard and frequently. I can't stand the none sense that Gallen carries on with in the press but that was a good fight and a great performance by big mouth Gallen. Credit where credit is due IMO.
yeah I think people are complaining about 'big daddy' more than Gal.... he just did not take it serious and that was a pretty poor effort from the big fella...

i have no knock on Gal - he has a go and steps up each time... but (as he says) he is not a boxer and it will need to be a significant cut of the PM to him before he would sign on for Hunis (imo)...

Robot wars, that silly show that has invented toys battling each other and somehow became a regular TV show, is likely to be more exciting. I think I'll go off and clip my toe nails now.

Welcome brother ... your above submission for entry into the ranks of cantankerous old farts was lodged .. and I am pleased to advise that you are accepted with open arms ...

I love battle bots!
Tooooooommmmmbstone..... :clap::clap::clap:

tombstone.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4