Worst call in rugby league history ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I have seen a few rippers...
The Jake gig a few weeks ago was ordinary and the 2013 GF will near top of the list.
However, I have never seen a ref make a decision for right or wrong, that has had a more obvious impact than last night....
To make a mistake is human error and dare I say it...acceptable....but to make a call on the run and sell a team out after screaming 6 more and waving your arm around like your hailing a taxi and then overturn it with a team Hot on attack and all the momentum....what a Twister that call was.
At a time where a Fairy tail finish looked likely for the Raiders, the refs changed the outcome pure and simple.
I always argue that the side should defend that next set, but in this case the Raiders had showed a steely resolve to slowly gain assendency against the odds and were well placed to create an unlikely win and this (moment), completely swung the outcome.....
Has there been worse and if so - please share....I for now, have this as the clanger of the century!

Well annersley said that cummings yelled "last tackle" four times after initially signalling '6 more' so everyone and everything is 100% fine and nothing to sweep sweep see here sweep sweep

Lol. NRL is a joke.

Once Wighton saw the hand signal, that is the end of it.
Literally anyone on the field of play, or touchline, or stands, could have been yelling out "last tackle", 4 times or 400 times.
Whighton can not be expected to change his play on the basis of verbal communication from somehwere after seeing a different hand signal.

Lol. NRL is a joke.

Once Wighton saw the hand signal, that is the end of it.
Literally anyone on the field of play, or touchline, or stands, could have been yelling out "last tackle", 4 times or 400 times.
Whighton can not be expected to change his play on the basis of verbal communication from somehwere after seeing a different hand signal.
The problem is that in Annersley's claim that it was right, there's zero mention of consequences to the initial action. Everything out there is split second and the decision to run would have been made entirely on the ref's hand signal. What's the difference between that and a car that veers left on the freeway causing another driver to move left and crash into a truck while the first driver realises their mistake and goes back to their lane?
Nothing!

The problem is that in Annersley's claim that it was right, there's zero mention of consequences to the initial action. Everything out there is split second and the decision to run would have been made entirely on the ref's hand signal. What's the difference between that and a car that veers left on the freeway causing another driver to move left and crash into a truck while the first driver realises their mistake and goes back to their lane?
Nothing!
I can live with the stuff up - it happens. What was worse trying to cover up that it had happened. I'm not a fan of stoppages but the Raiders deserved the opportunity to have that explained to them and for their defence to regroup. Instead half the team is wondering what the F just happened and they never recover.
The refs constantly to stop play when players stay down to score a penalty and there is a 20 min quota for KFC each match, but when they f***k up it's "nothing to see here"

If only Whighton went up to Cummings on that turn over and said to him you gave 6 again and put him on spot it wouldn’t have changed the turn over but caused a greater stop in play , that call I think rattled the raiders a lot at the time
End of the day it changed the game dramatically the roosters may have went on and won anyway but so may have the raiders , You can sometimes live with a bad call but a call when the ref changes in the run of the play is just wrong whichever way you look at it
A good game actually totally F%#&ed by the ref

Sorry , but man I'm over the whinging about this call... he held his arm up and called last tackle 4 times, held his arm up the entire time calling last.. Raiders had all the rub of the green all night , were camped in the roosters half for most of the second half.. had a completely unfair 1 man advantage for 10 minutes, literally had the game gift wrapped for them yet were only good enough to score once..
It's not the refs fault the roosters defence was too good for the bloody raiders..

2010 grand final. The Dragons get given one try after Morris steps half a metre over the sideline and another after a blatant push in the back. It’s hard to pick one particular dud call in 2013 that was worse than either of these, and these two were no where near as bad as the dud call last night. 2013 was an avalanche of bad and biased calls that eventually just became too much for the boys to dig their way out from under.

The NRL are digging a bigger hole. Once a referee makes a "six again" call, that's it. Done. You can't go back on it.

What the NRL has today now opened the door to is that changing calls is ok. Now players are supposed to second or third guess every call or non-call during the run of play????

The only time a referee can go back on a live call is if the touchie's flag was already up.

The NRL today just need to say that Cummins was wrong to call six again, but that it was unacceptable for Cummins to overturn the six again call.

Long before we had second referee, the touchies and ingoal judges had microphones and made calls to referees saying what the right call should have been. But if these calls came after the onfield referee called "six again" or didn't call a knock on or a forward pass, they just let the game go on.

Last night's incident should kill off having two referees as it has exposed its fatal flaw. Once the main referee has made a live call, what the other referee and touchies think is irrelevant. If the NRL decide it is is relevant, by changing live calls, then the game is stuffed as teams can't be second guessing if "six again" calls are junk calls.

I was at the game and it was an epic game and atmosphere. Its a shame the game has been overshadowed by a referee again. I think if the Raiders won that game it would have went down as an absolute classic but having thr Roosters win again and the way they won it undone such a great game. Raiders had so many half chances and just couldn't put the final nail in the coffin. I think the leilua flick pass that was ruled forward was a shocker too, it looked pretty line ball to me and could quite easily have won the Raiders the game. I think Manly and Raiders are 2 teams on the way up and could see us play eachother in the GF next year.

This isn’t worth 2 points and they get to play again next week. This is the Grand Final and there’s 10 minutes to go with the scores locked at 8-8. The premiership is on the line.

This is easily the worst decision I’ve ever seen. You cannot retract a 6 to go call.

Ricky and the Raiders should be blowing up deluxe.

Absolutely disgusting. **** you NRL.

Sorry , but man I'm over the whinging about this call... he held his arm up and called last tackle 4 times, held his arm up the entire time calling last.. Raiders had all the rub of the green all night , were camped in the roosters half for most of the second half.. had a completely unfair 1 man advantage for 10 minutes, literally had the game gift wrapped for them yet were only good enough to score once..
It's not the refs fault the roosters defence was too good for the bloody raiders..
Nonsense.

It was a crap call,for me I don't understand why the refs could not say,ok we have combined to make a clanger lets replay the last tackle for the raiders from the spot of the initial last tackle instead of a turnover to the roosters.Seems like the common sense/decent thing to do....

The NRL are digging a bigger hole. Once a referee makes a "six again" call, that's it. Done. You can't go back on it.

What the NRL has today now opened the door to is that changing calls is ok. Now players are supposed to second or third guess every call or non-call during the run of play????

The only time a referee can go back on a live call is if the touchie's flag was already up.

The NRL today just need to say that Cummins was wrong to call six again, but that it was unacceptable for Cummins to overturn the six again call.

Long before we had second referee, the touchies and ingoal judges had microphones and made calls to referees saying what the right call should have been. But if these calls came after the onfield referee called "six again" or didn't call a knock on or a forward pass, they just let the game go on.

Last night's incident should kill off having two referees as it has exposed its fatal flaw. Once the main referee has made a live call, what the other referee and touchies think is irrelevant. If the NRL decide it is is relevant, by changing live calls, then the game is stuffed as teams can't be second guessing if "six again" calls are junk calls.

What you said .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4