Worst call in rugby league history ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he played 6 again which we know was the wrong call and the raiders scored in the next set , could the roosters ( cry foul) about the ref being tipped off by every official about making the wrong call and playing on ?

The call was correct but poorly executed but he did try and correct and call and signal the play

Raiders could have had another set of six which was the wrong call

Roosters went up the field 80 metres in 4 tackles and scored

Eat ****e
Learn to tackle
Stop zooming croker
Like your speech jack back again next year eh
Get over it
The raiders had a chance to win and couldn’t

Where is Addin when you need him
Big look at the crowd and rub your cry baby eyes and get them really going
Boo hoo
Fark you sticky

Raiders , green snot
But I am not bitter

Go manly
Given the rules, Annersley should be hammered for supporting the decision change as foul play was NOT involved hence ref had no right to change his mind regardless of whether it was the correct call or not.

If NRL want to go down this path they will need yet another rule change - but won't happen as that would be admitting they stuffed up the GF!

Just seems like everyone here is upset the refs couldn't hand wrap the game for the raiders like they were trying to..
apart from that 1 call, the rub of the
green was entirely in the raiders favour, the commentary was biased towards them, matter of fact, the raiders storm final was absolutely decided by the refereeing and they didn't even try to hide it.. add that too manly getting absolutely dudded, giving raiders a conveniently easy path to the gf instead of playing a team that was 2-0 against them and playing great footy, ide say the whole bloody finals series was skewed towards a raiders roosters/storm gf.. and they just couldn't get the job done.

Terrible as it was I don't believe the call cost the raiders the game. They lost it by not being able to take their opportunities and allowing the roosters to score against the run of play.

In all likelihood the raiders would have put in a kick rather than died with the ball but who knows what the result of that would've been.

What the call did do was ruined an otherwise great GF because we will never know who would've won in a totally fair contest decided by the skill of the players alone.

Last edited:
Just seems like everyone here is upset the refs couldn't hand wrap the game for the raiders like they were trying to..
green was entirely in the raiders favour, the commentary was biased towards them, matter of fact, the raiders storm final was absolutely decided by the refereeing and they didn't even try to hide it.. add that too manly getting absolutely dudded, giving raiders a conveniently easy path to the gf instead of playing a team that was 2-0 against them and playing great footy, ide say the whole bloody finals series was skewed towards a raiders roosters/storm gf.. and they just couldn't get the job done.
Mate the roosters gettin the feed when the ball hit the trainer was another bullcrap call and the roosters went on and got a drop out and then scored from pressure that they shouldn't have been under. Add the the screw up for the roosters last try and your kiddin if you thk they were helpin the raiders.

Would you like a link to the League Unlimited forums? You appear to be somewhat lost...??

If Jake's interference on Gagai was a sin bin then Cronk should have been sent off and shot in the back of the head in the tunnel.

Exactly - but i will say both wrong, not sure how this all started.

It will be most interesting to see what the NRL do ( or don’t do) as a result of the weekends game.

Like @The Who I believe the super slo mo vision from 25 different cameras has created a huge issue for the game where everything is broken down to minute detail and makes it nigh on impossible for the refs to be guaranteed of getting it right.

AND if they’ve got the balls to award a try without KFC time we still get 50 views trying to find an error.

Take all that away and fair dinkum 90% of the current bull**** would be gone.

Oh yes there’d still be ****ups but we’d just have to live with them.

Exactly - but i will say both wrong, not sure how this all started.

Super league.

This is the answer to where it all started going wrong.
Supersonic ruck speed was actively encouraged, which then encouraged wrestling, which further encouraged even faster supersonic ruck speed to counter the wrestling, and the cycle continues.
Legs tackles therefore discouraged , which has resulted in a few generations of players, who lack this skill, resulting in more head injuries in the game, as players are coached to tackle around the ball.

Ruck wrestle has then required the 2 ref system, as 1 person is seemingly incapable of watching the wrestle in the ruck, whilst also looking at the offside, etc.

This has then led to an overuse of "officialdom", which has led to a situation like Jurbo being binned for a touch on Gagai, despite Gagai interfering with Jurbo first.....guaranteed that this offence isn't even looked at, mentioned, thought twice about, in the 1 ref era.

If Jake's interference on Gagai was a sin bin then Cronk should have been sent off and shot in the back of the head in the tunnel.
Also there was a blatant trip by Hargreaves I think....that's a pro foul and 10 also.
Plus that ridiculous kick charged down into a Roosters trainer who was on the field after 33 seconds and was laughing about it....rules are rules and Roosters correctly got that feed, but what a stupid rule....I mean if it doesn't hit the trainer who should not even be out there, Raiders are hot on the attack in the first few minutes.
All in all I think it was a fairly even calls, but no doubt the big calls were all Roosters.
I agree that you have to defend and be accountable even if you cop a poor decision, but I feel this game was likely to have a different outcome without these key calls.

The ball hitting the trainer should’ve been a penalty to the roosters for Soliola attacking the kickers legs. I’m not a rooster apologist at all, but if we want consistency, that was the correct ruling in that play and has been a penalty for the past few years, so the raiders can’t feel aggrieved with that one

However, the raiders were desperately unlucky in the six again and the roosters were kissed on the dick

The trainers still need to be off the field, apart from stoppages and injuries

Mate the roosters gettin the feed when the ball hit the trainer was another bullcrap call and the roosters went on and got a drop out and then scored from pressure that they shouldn't have been under. Add the the screw up for the roosters last try and your kiddin if you thk they were helpin the raiders.

How was that a bullcrap call? It's the bloody rule lol.. ball goes to the attacking team.. roosters were in raiders half, putting on an attacking kick.. trainers are allowed on the park while thier team is on the attack, is he supposed to know the ball was going to be charged into him??
Just because it wasn't popular, doesn't make it wrong

How was that a bullcrap call? It's the bloody rule lol.. ball goes to the attacking team.. roosters were in raiders half, putting on an attacking kick.. trainers are allowed on the park while thier team is on the attack, is he supposed to know the ball was going to be charged into him??
Trainers are NOT allowed any later than the 4th tackle. This clown shouldn't have been on the field at that time, so late in the tackle count.
But the real point is why are trainers allowed on the field at any time, except to treat an injury?
The NRL had been warned about such a potential incident and just ignored it.
Heads must role over this, and the rule must change immediately.

Trainers are NOT allowed any later than the 4th tackle. This clown shouldn't have been on the field at that time, so late in the tackle count.
But the real point is why are trainers allowed on the field at any time, except to treat an injury?
The NRL had been warned about such a potential incident and just ignored it.
Heads must role over this, and the rule must change immediately.
I agree with you there.. 5 minutes into a game there should be no need to have a trainer on the park.. maybe last 10 mins in each half is when they should only be allowed on? I dunno

I’m absolutely certain that in the live coverage he called six again as well as signalling the call with the arm wave yeah??

https://apple.news/AR4mOpVubS-qRIxK9SIvqag

And yet... in this Fox article Cummins denies ever vocalising the call...
That's crap!!!

Hey Cummins,
27.gif

He definitely called six again. You can hear him call it and display the signal for six again here:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/six-again-refs-audio!749967

My care factor stopped after the officials took any opportunity away from us against souffs

The calls in that game were more diabolical than anything dished up since and no one defended us to any extent other than to say the rules are the rules

Jake grabbed his jumper and the ref had no choice
Blah blah farking blah

Poor Sam getting victimised

GI retiring and losing a champion and doing it for Greg - spew spew spew
Well fark him too

And while we are at it
Fark Wayne and his dressing room dance
Wake up to yourself
Your era has gone you old tool

Poor Ricky
Poor raiders
They achieved so much and were unlucky
Well fark them three

We achieved more this year under more adversity than any of them put together

A win against the rabbits would have put ourselves up Against the raiders and a huge chance in the GF

I kept thinking of Addin and Marty and how pumped for a GF they would have dominated both sides last weekend and how Fainu would have found metres in the ruck

I can see us getting to the roosters

Anyway
Point being
East’s got it
Raiders couldn’t get it
We should have got a chance to get it

This is go manly signing off for the off season

Will. Report back though on a planned dinner and drinks at Choc’s joint with the boys coming up

Go Manly so proud of the fans and players this year

Up an at em in 2020

Actually spoke with a NRL person today and the decision (scrum) was supposed to go the Raiders. Evidently the moment the charge down occurred the attacking team was the Raiders. The charge down is an attacking move. Similar to hitting a ref, attacker gets the scrum.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6