Worst call in rugby league history ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about the ref blunder for the roosters first try?

Ball hits the roosters trainer. But for the roosters trainer there is one raiders player following the football and clean air to the try line.

How could the Rooster possibly get the ball back from their trainers **** up?

There has to be an investigation into this:)

Well annersley said that cummings yelled "last tackle" four times after initially signalling '6 more' so everyone and everything is 100% fine and nothing to sweep sweep see here sweep sweep
What an amazing difference Annersley has made since coming back......NOT from Greenturd down they're doing all they can to ruin the game we all love, this protectionist theme running through the hierarchy is driving people away, time they stood back and had a good look at themselves, I'm tired of people telling me they feel like giving the game away because of it.

Pure and simple, you cant change a decision mid stream right or wrong, damage has been done and you’re just going to make it worse by doing so like what happened. Some people suggesting it is like overturning a knock on or drop out but the difference is that’s dead ball and it can be overturned by thw bunker.

Now when Cummins overturned the 6 again, there is no way to be sure all 13 raiders were in the loop. He may have called it 4 times but only 1-2 around him probably heard it and when it got to Wighton he obviously didn’t know. Cant change a decision live ball full stop must stick to the original error.

So with the NRL defending the officials for what happened, does this mean in every game a captain can argue with a referee about changing his decision?

What a can of worms this opens @:rolleyes:

Our game is run by fools who make up new rules to suit their agendas. @:mad:

If he played 6 again which we know was the wrong call and the raiders scored in the next set , could the roosters ( cry foul) about the ref being tipped off by every official about making the wrong call and playing on ?

The call was correct but poorly executed but he did try and correct and call and signal the play

Raiders could have had another set of six which was the wrong call

Roosters went up the field 80 metres in 4 tackles and scored

Eat ****e
Learn to tackle
Stop zooming croker
Like your speech jack back again next year eh
Get over it
The raiders had a chance to win and couldn’t

Where is Addin when you need him
Big look at the crowd and rub your cry baby eyes and get them really going
Boo hoo
Fark you sticky

Raiders , green snot
But I am not bitter

Go manly

Pure and simple, you cant change a decision mid stream right or wrong, damage has been done and you’re just going to make it worse by doing so like what happened. Some people suggesting it is like overturning a knock on or drop out but the difference is that’s dead ball and it can be overturned by thw bunker.

Now when Cummins overturned the 6 again, there is no way to be sure all 13 raiders were in the loop. He may have called it 4 times but only 1-2 around him probably heard it and when it got to Wighton he obviously didn’t know. Cant change a decision live ball full stop must stick to the original error.
Instead of letting the play continue on, there was nothing stopping Cummins from blowing his whistle once he was made aware of his stuff up and take the play back to where the previous play-the-ball was carried out.

From the rule book:

2019 EDITION

NRL

RUGBY LEAGUE LAWS OF THE GAME
INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
WITH
NOTES ON THE LAWS
AND
NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP
INTERPRETATIONS

(APPROVED BY THE AUSTRALIAN RUGBY LEAGUE COMMISSION)

OFFICIAL
FEBRUARY 2019

https://www.playrugbyleague.com/media/3114/arl-rules-book-2019.pdf

Section 17. Referee's Signals
Page 48

Play-the-ball

30. Count of tackle is cancelled and starts again. Wave
clenched fist from side to side above head.

Section 16. Duties of Referees and Touch Judges
Page 42

Changing decision

9. The Referee judges on matters of fact and shall not
subsequently alter those judgments. He may cancel
any decision made if prior foul play of which he had
no knowledge is reported to him by a Touch Judge

Page 43

When to blow

8.1 The Referee must carry a whistle which he shall blow
whistle to commence and terminate each half of the game.
Except for these occasions the blowing of the
whistle shall temporarily stop the play. The Referee
shall blow the whistle:

(g) when a stoppage is necessary in order to enforce
the Laws or for any other reason.

Instead of letting the play continue on, there was nothing stopping Cummins from blowing his whistle once he was made aware of his stuff up and take the play back to where the previous play-the-ball was carried out.

From the rule book:

2019 EDITION

NRL

RUGBY LEAGUE LAWS OF THE GAME
INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
WITH
NOTES ON THE LAWS
AND
NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP
INTERPRETATIONS

(APPROVED BY THE AUSTRALIAN RUGBY LEAGUE COMMISSION)

OFFICIAL
FEBRUARY 2019

https://www.playrugbyleague.com/media/3114/arl-rules-book-2019.pdf

Section 17. Referee's Signals
Page 48

Play-the-ball

30. Count of tackle is cancelled and starts again. Wave
clenched fist from side to side above head.

Section 16. Duties of Referees and Touch Judges
Page 42

Changing decision

9. The Referee judges on matters of fact and shall not
subsequently alter those judgments. He may cancel
any decision made if prior foul play of which he had
no knowledge is reported to him by a Touch Judge

Page 43

When to blow

8.1 The Referee must carry a whistle which he shall blow
whistle to commence and terminate each half of the game.
Except for these occasions the blowing of the
whistle shall temporarily stop the play. The Referee
shall blow the whistle:

(g) when a stoppage is necessary in order to enforce
the Laws or for any other reason.
Changing a decision rule i think makes it quite cut and dry By saying “shall not
subsequently alter those judgments” unless foul play, which there was none. He had to stick by the decision the way i read it.

Changing a decision rule i think makes it quite cut and dry By saying “shall not
subsequently alter those judgments” unless foul play, which there was none. He had to stick by the decision the way i read it.
I totally agree with you however, once he illegally decided to change his decision and was going to stick with it, he should have blown his whistle and taken the play back to where the last play-he-ball was carried out. That way, everybody would have been aware of the change of decision and could prepare their next set of plays accordingly.

I totally agree with you however, once he illegally decided to change his decision and was going to stick with it, he should have blown his whistle and taken the play back to where the last play-he-ball was carried out. That way, everybody would have been aware of the change of decision and could prepare their next set of plays accordingly.
That’s where the problem lies, he made an illegal decision, thats ‘no mans land’ in the rule book no turning that around unfortunately. His only out would have been to then overturn it again and continue with the initial call where he could have stopped the play to ‘enforce the law’ being his initial decision and re start the tackle count.

I liken this to a player making a break but being called back for a forward pass then the ref to say oops actually it was ok play on, but whistle has been blown and advantage is gone and all players are in disarray. Cant happen!

Last edited:
Well I guess we can argue til the cows come home but guess what those Rorting Roosters have won yet another Premiership.

AND they are already planning how they can do it again in 2020.

To be honest it’s hard to see them at least not being in the GF again next year.

Wether they can win 3 in a row though is another thing all together.

Well I guess we can argue til the cows come home but guess what those Rorting Roosters have won yet another Premiership.

AND they are already planning how they can do it again in 2020.

To be honest it’s hard to see them at least not being in the GF again next year.

Wether they can win 3 in a row though is another thing all together.
They will be back to headless chooks without Cronk - he was their gun for hire and organiser. Now they’ll be back to, if not worse, than the pearce days.

A worse call was when Jim Dymock scored a try off a forward pass (I think from Steve Price) against us in the 1995 GF.

Could someone please explain how is it that in AFL where the ball is in play all over a bigger field, that the after Grand final discussion is about the game and not the refs/umpire fark ups. Yet in the NRL where the play is essentially played under the referees arse so many stuff ups happen. Are we to assume that the our officials are so farking dumb that they don't know or understand the rules? I am not saying that AFL officials are perfect but there appears to be less controversy in their game than ours. Andrew Webster in the Sydney Morning Herald said that when he ran into Beattie he stated "what a fantastic game" when was told about the 6 again fark up he said "what 6 again he did not see it" Yet today he stated that the ref had made the right decision????? Talk about covering each others arse. But don't worry folks the NRL will ratify the 2019 Grand Final fark up by having another fark up in 2020 Grand final so that Canberra if in the Grand final will win. Watch how Canberra will get all the 50/50 calls and how much good luck they will get in 2020. I am not a betting man but I will place $100.00 bet that Canberra will win the premiership in 2020 there will have to be a monumental fark up of Titan 2019 standards by Canberra not to be in the Grand Final. God help who ever faces the Raiders because the Officials and the NRL will not help them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7