World Cup Live Games Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Nordburg

First Grader
The positive out of this game for Manly is that their million dollar player will only get one more game in this tournament,against the lowly Italy

Peter C

Bencher
The positive out of this game for Manly is that their million dollar player will only get one more game in this tournament,against the lowly Italy
You say this in a disparaging way, you're implying that he gets paid a million but doesn't perform, the whole team hasn't performed for the second half of the season, especially our forward pack, if the forwards arn't performing,it makes it bloody hard for a half.
Would you rather pay 900K and get Luke Brooks?, or let's see if we can entice Ash Taylor out of retirement

Ryan

Journey Man
Get your point, Ryan, but it's a bit unfair to compare any other hooker to Harry Grant. He's a bit of a special player.
I won't list them all, but I believe our Hooker situation is the worst in the NRL. What about Tigers I hear you thinking ? They've addressed that, and acquired Koroisou. What about the Dogs I hear you say? They've acquired Mahoney. What about Eels then I hear you think? They've acquired Hodgson? What about the hole then in Canberra I hear you say? Forget his name, but a player took over from Starling relegating him to the 14 jersey. Any team that's had a hole has fixed it and upgraded.

Seriously man, 4 ****ing years without an official number 9 putting a jersey on is unprofessional, and that alone should be the sacking of Scott Fulton (forget the Condon, Matterson, Dias, Boyle type plugs he keeps signing).

We are heading into another season without a rake that can run, kick, explode out of dummy half but tries hard and tackles. This is a primary reason we haven't beaten a top 4 team in 3 entire years. A top 8 team only twice this season.

Ryan

Journey Man
You say this in a disparaging way, you're implying that he gets paid a million but doesn't perform, the whole team hasn't performed for the second half of the season, especially our forward pack, if the forwards arn't performing,it makes it bloody hard for a half.
Would you rather pay 900K and get Luke Brooks?, or let's see if we can entice Ash Taylor out of retirement

Mate, Australia looked markedly better with Cleary running the show. DCE had a shocker last week.

Nordburg

First Grader
Didn’t say it in a disparaging way at all.Said it from the view point that Cleary has clearly moved past him(yes it was only Scotland)and Manly won’t have the fear of him being injured after a training run against Italy

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
I won't list them all, but I believe our Hooker situation is the worst in the NRL. What about Tigers I hear you thinking ? They've addressed that, and acquired Koroisou. What about the Dogs I hear you say? They've acquired Mahoney. What about Eels then I hear you think? They've acquired Hodgson? What about the hole then in Canberra I hear you say? Forget his name, but a player took over from Starling relegating him to the 14 jersey. Any team that's had a hole has fixed it and upgraded.

Seriously man, 4 ****ing years without an official number 9 putting a jersey on is unprofessional, and that alone should be the sacking of Scott Fulton (forget the Condon, Matterson, Dias, Boyle type plugs he keeps signing).

We are heading into another season without a rake that can run, kick, explode out of dummy half but tries hard and tackles. This is a primary reason we haven't beaten a top 4 team in 3 entire years. A top 8 team only twice this season.
I think four years is our thing.
Remember when our 5/8 Green left ,same thing ,4 or 5 years no starting 5/8.
Who TF else does that ?
Utmost brain trust here.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
not going to lie

had to look up who Campbell graham is
Would it have killed him just to smile once after anyone of his three tries. The fox’s’ interview with the pommy commentator was classic. As Brandy said afterwards, "do you reckon the English commentator understood a word he was saying?"lol

Uk eagle

Bencher
Would it have killed him just to smile once after anyone of his three tries. The fox’s’ interview with the pommy commentator was classic. As Brandy said afterwards, "do you reckon the English commentator understood a word he was saying?"lol
I think with Campbell Graham, he probably didn't want to celebrate as he was expecting to be playing for Scotland at the world cup. I don't think he was on many people's radar for the Aus squad

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I think with Campbell Graham, he probably didn't want to celebrate as he was expecting to be playing for Scotland at the world cup. I don't think he was on many people's radar for the Aus squad
Yeah, his dad is very Scottish (by all reports, even more Scottish than Woodsie) and he would have been very conscious of not disrespecting his father's home country. I'm guessing he would have been all smiles if they were playing England…

He's been excellent for Souths over the last two or three seasons - very solid defensively, smart with the ball in his hands. He's kind of like a better version of Brad Parker.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah, his dad is very Scottish (by all reports, even more Scottish than Woodsie) and he would have been very conscious of not disrespecting his father's home country. I'm guessing he would have been all smiles if they were playing England…

He's been excellent for Souths over the last two or three seasons - very solid defensively, smart with the ball in his hands. He's kind of like a better version of Brad Parker.
…."even more Scottish than Woodside "…..I’m having a hard time believing that one Ron! @:D:eek:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lebanon easily accounted for Ireland and it looks like Samoa are handing out a hiding to Greece

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16