World Cup Live Games Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The usual recovery time for knee dislocation to regain full motion is about 6 weeks. But not sure what the time frame required for an elite athlete who needs more stability due to being tackled, getting up playing the ball etc .. let's hope he recovers fully before next season.

A couple of tries in the last 2 minutes before half-time made it a bit more comfortable for Tonga 16-6. A shame for Wales, they're playing well above themselves

At least it's a bit more competitive than some of the other games...
“It just bores me and I can’t stand boring games,” said former Kangaroos skipper, Max Krilich. “The minnows can’t put up a fight. They are trying but they’re just not up to standard. It’s not a contest. It’s as simple as that.”

At least it's a bit more competitive than some of the other games...
“It just bores me and I can’t stand boring games,” said former Kangaroos skipper, Max Krilich. “The minnows can’t put up a fight. They are trying but they’re just not up to standard. It’s not a contest. It’s as simple as that.”
What's the alternative though? Have a 4 or 5 team competition?

What's the alternative though? Have a 4 or 5 team competition?
Yeah, it's a hard one. They've got to balance growing the game against providing a spectacle that is worth watching. I'd imagine most fans would watch the finals but unless you support one of the "minnows" it's hard to watch a game that's a foregone conclusion.

Put the minnows in their own pool
I think they've done that previously. The problem then though is one of the weak teams goes further into the competition perhaps at the expense of a bigger team, then you get a blow-out in the quarter final game which looks even worse. Rugby have the same problem with their competition too despite it being more of a world game

Dislocated knee cap wishing him all the best in his recovery.

Don't worry. If memory serves ... Hulk Hogan had a dislocated Patella in his match with the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI and he was back fighting fit within minutes. He still lost of course, but it wasn't the knee @:D @:D @:D

OK, fun memories from my childhood aside, hopefully Josh has a speedy recovery. Sucks for Samoa's slim chances at the World Cup, but for us at least its basically the pre-season and not heading into the NRL Finals.

Did anybody spot the Manly fan with the Wormald jersey in the Aus v Scotland game. When on the ground screen, gave the thumbs up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6