World Cup Live Games Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bloody cat hit my hand while I was typing and made me hit send🙄 what I was trying to say was he said something similar that while PNG is the only country to have league as it's national sport, it is the no.1 sport in the Cook Islands too

lol

Cat decided you weren't paying it enough attention, as they do.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lebanon five-eighth Adam Doueihi has been granted an appeal after being found guilty of abusing referee Grant Atkins and suspended for one match at a judiciary hearing in Manchester.

Doueihi chose to fight the charge at a specially convened World Cup judiciary hearing on Tuesday night, which went for three hours, but was unsuccessful, with the panel accepting Atkins' version of what was said.

However, Lebanon lodged an appeal on Wednesday in a desperate bid to have Doueihi play in this weekend's match against Ireland, which is expected to decide which of the two nations advance to the quarter-finals.

The Wests Tigers star was sent from the field in the 60th minute of Lebanon's loss to the Kiwis and was charged with Grade A foul and abusive language to a match official.

There was no on-field audio of the incident due to a technical glitch at the time.

Atkins said he told Doueihi “you’re not going to call me the c-word” as he sent him off.

However, Doueihi claims he said: "Give us some f---ing calls".

Doueihi apologised to Atkins after full-time and was provided a character reference by Lebanon coach Michael Cheika, who is also Doueihi’s uncle.

A appeals hearing will be held on Thursday night (UK time) to determine whether Doueihi can play.

Uk eagle

Bencher
Lebanon five-eighth Adam Doueihi has been granted an appeal after being found guilty of abusing referee Grant Atkins and suspended for one match at a judiciary hearing in Manchester.

Doueihi chose to fight the charge at a specially convened World Cup judiciary hearing on Tuesday night, which went for three hours, but was unsuccessful, with the panel accepting Atkins' version of what was said.

However, Lebanon lodged an appeal on Wednesday in a desperate bid to have Doueihi play in this weekend's match against Ireland, which is expected to decide which of the two nations advance to the quarter-finals.

The Wests Tigers star was sent from the field in the 60th minute of Lebanon's loss to the Kiwis and was charged with Grade A foul and abusive language to a match official.

There was no on-field audio of the incident due to a technical glitch at the time.

Atkins said he told Doueihi “you’re not going to call me the c-word” as he sent him off.

However, Doueihi claims he said: "Give us some f---ing calls".

Doueihi apologised to Atkins after full-time and was provided a character reference by Lebanon coach Michael Cheika, who is also Doueihi’s uncle.

A appeals hearing will be held on Thursday night (UK time) to determine whether Doueihi can play.
Although surely saying to the ref what he is claiming to say was enough to get him sent off. I know when I played (although a looong time ago and at a very low level) swearing at the ref was a send off, questioning a decision was a penalty and marched back 10 yds etc. Although if it was Doueihi's version of events it would probably be sending off sufficient rather than a subsequent ban

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Although surely saying to the ref what he is claiming to say was enough to get him sent off. I know when I played (although a looong time ago and at a very low level) swearing at the ref was a send off, questioning a decision was a penalty and marched back 10 yds etc. Although if it was Doueihi's version of events it would probably be sending off sufficient rather than a subsequent ban

If he is going to be done either way...he should go with what the ref claims he said...and repeat it in the hearing a few times.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
Paul Gallen was right when he told Aloiai to his face he's an average footballer.
I was hoping Aloiai would use that as motivation to prove him wrong and become a beast but, instead he went deeper into religion and politics…

R3

Bird gang affiliate
Commentators bagging DCE's game
I finally caught up some bits I missed.
It goes to show it’s not the fault of the players around him unable to keep up with his ‘brilliance’. He’s just a dud.

JT, Cronk, Foz, Munster and Cleary would never develop a dirty habit of cramping their own team like this imposter

I watched the World Cup 9’s Australian matches today, including the final.
DCE was easily the worst player in the green and gold. Kyle Feldt had a better temperament and feel for the game and looked a more capable playmaker/game manager (a slow career winger ffs)

I really don’t want Daly involved in any playing or coaching for Manly so, I Seibold at least strips him of the captaincy to win over his new squad and supporters

Ryan

Journey Man
I finally caught up some bits I missed.
It goes to show it’s not the fault of the players around him unable to keep up with his ‘brilliance’. He’s just a dud.

JT, Cronk, Foz, Munster and Cleary would never develop a dirty habit of cramping their own team like this imposter

I watched the World Cup 9’s Australian matches today, including the final.
DCE was easily the worst player in the green and gold. Kyle Feldt had a better temperament and feel for the game and looked a more capable playmaker/game manager (a slow career winger ffs)

I really don’t want Daly involved in any playing or coaching for Manly so, I Seibold at least strips him of the captaincy to win over his new squad and supporters

He just needs to learn to run more direct, and distribute his passes to players not just standing there. Take a leaf out of Foz book, momentum, momentum, momentum.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3

R3

Bird gang affiliate
He just needs to learn to run more direct, and distribute his passes to players not just standing there. Take a leaf out of Foz book, momentum, momentum, momentum.
I do agree but, at his age (and mine), I’m sick of waiting for him to add this to his game :unamused:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
it's a bit of a mis-match

I wonder what odds they were offering for a Scotland win?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
2 sets... 2 tries.

It'll prob not do any good but that #24 prop for Scotland is a pylon

52-0

44 mins

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's raining...should suit Scotland one would think!

though...it's been raining in Aust for 2 years apparently

Ryan

Journey Man
Watching a team I support have a real and proper number 9 is such a pleasure guys, isn't it. Everything is coming off Harry Grant. He runs, he's explosive, he adds ex-fsctor, he kicks.

But we keep going with Croker. FMD.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18