(Womens Team) Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In all the time I've been here very few posts get taken down or edited. (In the last few days I've seen a few that I definitely wish were taken down!)

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
In all the time I've been here very few posts get taken down or edited. (In the last few days I've seen a few that I definitely wish were taken down!)
The perception v the reality of what mods do in many places (including here) are miles apart

Women's footy finally gets a thread.

Thread gets derailed by discussion on anything other than women's footy.....

When i see your profile pic i keep seeing Doug Heffernan who might be a simpleton and lazy but you can't really hate on him either.

All good Doug let it out, let it out then move on with your day.

Awesome comeback dude. Did it really take you the best part of two weeks to come up with that witty rejoinder? Anyway, I will double down on my original post where I defined you as an arrogant bigot. Actually, you have proved yourself to be more than just an arrogant and incredibly ignorant bigot. I am happy to add misogynistic, homophobic, and racist into the mix as well. Keep going "hard" on Jordan Peterson mate, I am sure that both of you have more than a few secrets in your collective closets.

Mate I leave most of your posts up as they do far more to educate people (and highlight your own ignorance) than damage of them being left there
Stating the obvious that most posts stay up, we are not talking about most posts so stop deflecting.

Last edited:
You want an apology @Technical Coach ? For me saying you dislike Polynesians with neck tattoos? Simple, tell us you don’t dislike them.

Except you can’t because you confirmed a few hours ago you find all tattoos pathetic and "always will”.

I suppose tattooed players might lack the personal qualities necessary to stick to your game plans. If only they would all look a bit more respectable and neat eh? And short back and sides haircuts...?

(apparently it’s not uncommon for players from Maori and islander backgrounds to get tattoos, as respectful acknowledgement of family and cultural roots, just in case anyone’s interested here’s some links for more info)

The History and Meaning of Samoan Tattoos

https://www.zealandtattoo.co.nz/tattoo-styles/polynesian-tattoo-history-meanings-traditional-designs/#:~:text=The%20Origins%20of%20Tattoo%20Art%20in%20Polynesia&text=Tattoos%20would%20indicate%20status%20in,ancient%20Polynesian%20society%20was%20tattooed.

https://www.newzealand.com/ca/feature/ta-moko-maori-tattoo/#:~:text=T%C4%81%20moko%20reflects%20an%20individual's,of%20the%20designs%20are%20universal.
Why don't you man up and state you quoted me wrongly instead of dancing around the issue, your initial reply stated specifics you made up not my general view on tattoos.

You are now being a weak arse and using my general view to cover up your trash talk.

Jordan makes some good points but i find him weak arse also in many other respects along with trying to spread himself thin over too many subjects thinking he had all the answers or had to come up with an answer instead of just saying "i don't know enough in this area to form a valid or quality opinion".

Don't agree with him on depression and he lost my respect when he couldn't handle the pressure of his celeb status that he was happy to ride the wave of until he could no longer cope.

I think he took meds also when he mentally lost it so another cross in my books.

I hate and don't waste time watching sporting levels that i can achieve or most 14-15yr old boys can achieve as a team, i don't call that quality entertainment.
I don't get this argument, I've watched Schoolboys games, I've watched Manly games in Matthews, SG Ball, Flegg and so on, I've watched bush footy and walked passed Erko oval and stopped on the hill and wached a bit of whatever game may be going on at that time.

I've also watched plenty of NRLW.

The thought that sport can only be enjoyed if you are watching the absolute elite level is for mine, ridiculous

I don't get this argument, I've watched Schoolboys games, I've watched Manly games in Matthews, SG Ball, Flegg and so on, I've watched bush footy and walked passed Erko oval and stopped on the hill and wached a bit of whatever game may be going on at that time.

I've also watched plenty of NRLW.

The thought that sport can only be enjoyed if you are watching the absolute elite level is for mine, ridiculous
You can watch amateur sport in a half interested way especially if friends or family are playing locally, but i'm not going to waste time watching sport on tv of that level and be fully engaged. Advertises are not going to pay big dollars for lunch time viewing on tv that brings in less numbers than a house flipping show at the same time that has been repeated 10 times already.

This isn't about womens sport in general as i watch female sports like Tennis ,Golf,Athletics ,Swimming etc and appreciate the levels many women have attained in individual/solo performing sports, this is specifically about womens team sports.

Yes. And the worrying part is that this is one of the least ridiculous of TC's opinions.
There is a difference between watching and being fully engaged and a long time follower with passion behind the viewing that holds you in.

The growth in womens rugby league is limited to the first decade at best coming off a low starting base and the initial influx of hyped up money coming into the game after that it will stagnate growth wise no matter how much financial investment is made.

you quoted me wrongly

No, and I've asked you several times whether you don't apply your anti-tattoo judgments to Polynesians with traditional tatts - but you've never distinguished, all you've done is squawk (incorrectly) about being misquoted. Here's some of your own words

All tats are pointless---i would say family related ones are more pointless than the GF ones. I understand the fun loyal group mentality of a squad promising to get one if they win a GF but needing to have a tat of your kids to "help" remind you how much you love them now to me that is pointless.

The point i made about "tats" was in the general sense of "what next" that we don't need to know about and is my biggest pet hate.

With every second person having one these days just shows weakness in my view and is part of my "no dickhead policy"---as if the Roosters and Souths were ever going to go well this year lol...(there is a correlation with visible tats and on field performance in TC's pathetic book of wisdom)

Higher "tatts" averages per squad usually create up and down inconsistent years in my view.

In general i hate all tattoos but the no dickhead policy starts ringing when most of an arm is full of them or on the neck and face.

No, and I've asked you several times whether you don't apply your anti-tattoo judgments to Polynesians with traditional tatts - but you've never distinguished, all you've done is squawk (incorrectly) about being misquoted. Here's some of your own words
I have a "little" more respect if the tattoo is culturally based but that is about it, still think it is a pathetic waste of time that offers more negatives than positives to the individual.

Man up SER8 and go back to my post from years ago that you are using as a reference point for your initial reply, you wont find any link to Polynesians or even the slightest hint of Polynesian context in my reply or thread.

I'm merely exposing you so a few more come across this thread and see you for the person you really are so they too have a thread to go back to in years time and can reference this moment in time, hopefully that person gets the facts right and doesn't rewrite history for confirmation bias like you did.

Silvertails ... Home of the Petticoat wearing group think Ideologues ...

TC says he doesn't like watching women's sport ... SEXIST! they mindlessly screamed ..
TC says he doesn't like neck tattoo's ... RACIST! they screamed in delight ...
TC says with rainbowgate ... causes and political statements shouldn't be in sport .... HOMOPHOBE! they wailed ecstatically ..

The Ideologues ... completely unable to grasp the concept that some people use logic, experience, common sense, pragmatism and their own values and likes to form a decision on any given topic ....rather than just mindlessly chant the instructions of their group think ideological masters ..

I have a "little" more respect if the tattoo is culturally based but that is about it, still think it is a pathetic waste of time that offers more negatives than positives to the individual.
Ah, at last. A slight softening, a possible tiny qualification to your blanket judgment!
Quick question - Would you still prefer not to pick such players in your side? For the same reasons you've set out in the past?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4