Willis Meehan released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You need to read between the lines there is possibly 2 reasons this was covered up, number 1 it coincided with manly negotiating the lottoland deal or simply at 21 the club didn't want to crucify his career , he can go and pretend to be a boxer in the hope a superleague club might sign him or perhaps another nrl club might think he is the answer to a problem like we did a year ago

Agree Mutley as to possible reasons ... but then to issue a statement full of lies in the "exclusive Members Zone" is a bridge too far and a slap in the face with a 10 day dead mullet to all supporters. Good luck with a member drive if this was Meehan and it comes out the sort or disrespectful sh1te they are prepared to give you ....

Anyway, I'll do everybody a favour and drop off, It probably wasn't Meehan anyway

Agree Mutley as to possible reasons ... but then to issue a statement full of lies in the "exclusive Members Zone" is a bridge too far and a slap in the face with a 10 day dead mullet to all supporters. Good luck with a member drive if this was Meehan and it comes out the sort or disrespectful sh1te they are prepared to give you ....

Anyway, I'll do everybody a favour and drop off, It probably wasn't Meehan anyway

i think your spot on about it being meehan , the whole story seemed fishy , why would you walk away from 200 grand a year to box theres only a payment when you fight and he isnt going to be earning that sort of money for a long time. Not an exclusive member so cant comment on that

Why is everyone so sure it's Willis Meehan? This story could just as easily fit Liam Knight, 'played one NRL game', from a "Sydney" club, 'no stranger to drama' after his drink driving incident and 'on his last chance'. Also wasn't he conspicuously missing from any roosters team last week?

Why is everyone so sure it's Willis Meehan? This story could just as easily fit Liam Knight, 'played one NRL game', from a "Sydney" club, 'no stranger to drama' after his drink driving incident and 'on his last chance'. Also wasn't he conspicuously missing from any roosters team last week?
He was missing last week because of a suspension from last season.

Agree 100% with @Woodsie on this one.

The last thing our club needs is a leader (Tim Cleary) who isn't open and transparent. If nothing else, being up front and honest about the situation might scare other offenders around the league out of being idiots.

I sincerely hope it wasn't Meehan.

I know it only says switched to another code, but normally that refers to a player going to union. Has any player switched to rugby recently

He was missing last week because of a suspension from last season.
Given that the story said the club came out and said they released him and Knight hasn't been sacked,yet,I think people should stop thinking too hard,it's Meehan

The problem I have with it is that the club were not upfront with an incident that didn't need to be covered up.The club had nothing to do with it and they released him immediately.If they told the truth straight up,the club would of looked good in everybody's eyes because they didn't try and cover it up.But because the incident was slightly minor compared to other incidents League players have done,it makes you wonder what other things the club is covering up
The club said "Trent Barrett and Director of Football Bob Fulton had amicable talks with Meehan’s management over the past few weeks."
So why do you say they released him immediately?
The club's announcement was 24 January.
On what date do you say Meehan trashed an apartment?
Where precisely are you getting this information?

Agree 100% with @Woodsie on this one.

The last thing our club needs is a leader (Tim Cleary) who isn't open and transparent. If nothing else, being up front and honest about the situation might scare other offenders around the league out of being idiots.

I sincerely hope it wasn't Meehan.
“It was decided it was in the best interest of all concerned that Willis made a commitment to one sport,’’ Sea Eagles football operations manager Gareth Holmes said.

“With the time needed in an NRL full-time squad, Willis chose to go in a different direction and we wish him well in his endeavours.’’

Cleary is in the clear, it was some new guy who allegedly gave the Members FAKE NEWS @:rolleyes:

Haha, 'It probably wasn't Meehan anyway' but the club issued a statement full of lies?
Talk about leaping to conclusions. Is it possible (assuming it was indeed Meehan) that an incident occurred but that was only one thing which did not lead to his instant sacking but rather a process involving several weeks negotiation about his future, culminating in the decision to let him go box? Which would make the club's statement accurate, not a statement full of lies.

The club said "Trent Barrett and Director of Football Bob Fulton had amicable talks with Meehan’s management over the past few weeks."
So why do you say they released him immediately?
The club's announcement was 24 January.
On what date do you say Meehan trashed an apartment?
Where precisely are you getting this information?
Yes having just re-read what I wrote,I probably should not have written "immediately"as the time line of events are sketchy.But in Rugby League world,any action taken by a club within a month or two of incident, could be classed as immediate

Why people feel that our "leader" should completely disclose what a player (1 first grade game) may or may not have done astounds me. Let's just take a look at what's happening at Ch 7 at the moment, they are spending big $ to muzzle what may or may not have happened with their CEO!

So why should our club run a no name in to the ground by telling all and sundry he is possibly a boof head? Let's overcome our sense of moral superiority and apply some smarts, let's not expect to be told everything to do with the inner workings of the club - some people need to get over themselves.

Why people feel that our "leader" should completely disclose what a player (1 first grade game) may or may not have done astounds me. Let's just take a look at what's happening at Ch 7 at the moment, they are spending big $ to muzzle what may or may not have happened with their CEO!

So why should our club run a no name in to the ground by telling all and sundry he is possibly a boof head? Let's overcome our sense of moral superiority and apply some smarts, let's not expect to be told everything to do with the inner workings of the club - some people need to get over themselves.
Whilst I agree that the club doesn't need to disclose all the inner workings of their decision making,there's a difference between non disclosure and fabricating a story that they knew would eventually come out.Treating fans like morons is the issue.Anyone with half a brain knew something was fishy about the Meehan release.And what's more,Manly had nothing to hide.In fact if they had told the truth from the start they would of got a wrap for not tolerating boof head behaviour

How did they fabricate a story? Is he not now perusing another career - something he had already displayed considerable skill and interest in?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6