Willis Meehan released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont think DCE's form was ordinary. Better than most, but just not up to the standard he showed a few years back. Relative to what he's capable of, he wasnt up to par. But I think there was more than his personal form that contributed to that. Hopefully with Green we'll see him back as one of the top 3 half backs.

Where have you seen Faainga? QLD cup? Can you tell us about him?

Let's start with the negative. Last year a NRL athlete Charlie Faainga was not. In all seriousness his fitness looked a little lacking for the QRL level. He will have to majorly improve his endurence just to be any chance at cracking NRL.

The positive. He is one of the most dominant destructive ball runners I've seen. A big human, he has good feet, and speed for such a big man. The ability to just toy with the opposition whilst in attack. Think back to T. rex in his 2011 prime, (where did that go). Charlie similarly can make the game appear as if he is playing against under 8's at prop, just sucking in defenders midfield, or walking around them, and his teams points flow out wide.

Can't wait to see how he goes against the big boys.

Let's start with the negative. Last year a NRL athlete Charlie Faainga was not. In all seriousness his fitness looked a little lacking for the QRL level. He will have to majorly improve his endurence just to be any chance at cracking NRL.

The positive. He is one of the most dominant destructive ball runners I've seen. A big human, he has good feet, and speed for such a big man. The ability to just toy with the opposition whilst in attack. Think back to T. rex in his 2011 prime, (where did that go). Charlie similarly can make the game appear as if he is playing against under 8's at prop, just sucking in defenders midfield, or walking around them, and his teams points flow out wide.

Can't wait to see how he goes against the big boys.
Well word is that he has impressed at preseason so let's hope he can replace the role Vave played.

I wonder if it was his Svengali managers idea to begin with to earn a bit of coin while in his training phase.
That bit of coin was reported to be about $4000 a week. So long and thanks for the off season (and all the fish)

That's exactly what I am saying.

Vindicated - show or prove to be right, reasonable, or justified.

I think DCE's form has been ordinary and he came out and said so himself, therefore my opinion is vindicated.

You think I have more time for Willis Meehan than our new captain and premiership winning halfback...that's not true, therefore you are wrong...how do I know so? because I have a better insight into my own thoughts than a complete stranger such as yourself could possibly hope to fathom.

So next time you want to take a pot shot at me simply because I don't kiss Daly's arse at every opportunity, think through the purpose and motivation of your squabble before typing divisive garbage.

;););););)

Divisive garbage.

Take read some some of your posts.

Have a lovely day Snake

Last edited:
I'm disappointed we don't get a chance to see him play for Manly.

I watched a few of his 20's matches over the years and it was pretty clear he was Jake or even above at that level. The kid dominated at wing lol.

I was really hoping we would blood him this year and see how he went. He is one massive unit. But I suspect the NRL were not about to clear him any time soon, and the lure of boxing dollars (think Meehan v Williams) that are not salary cap protected, its not surprising he has thrown in the white towel on RL.

Our forwards are now stretched again. Plodder will be a starter (/cry) with AFB. BJ and precious from the dogs will probably be the bench rotation. Not looking promising, I really hoped he was up for a bench spot.

Can Lewis Brown box?

Could this be Meehan?

Another talent goes down the toilet

Which rising star of the game had his contract torn up recently after trashing the apartment provided to him by his Sydney club?

The youngster is no stranger to drama and was on his last chance when he decided to throw his career down the toilet.

It’s a pity because good judges regarded him as a potential representative player, even though he only played one NRL game.

His ‘crime’ was swept under the rug, with the youngster announcing he had quit league to take up another code.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ue--update/1of49ue7o9jil1rghp65rvro6h/slide/3

Could this be Meehan?

Which rising star of the game had his contract torn up recently after trashing the apartment provided to him by his Sydney club?

The youngster is no stranger to drama and was on his last chance when he decided to throw his career down the toilet.

It’s a pity because good judges regarded him as a potential representative player, even though he only played one NRL game.

His ‘crime’ was swept under the rug, with the youngster announcing he had quit league to take up another code.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ue--update/1of49ue7o9jil1rghp65rvro6h/slide/3

Got to be. 100%

I'd said a few months back I had a bad feeling about this kid.

Wish my intuition was as good on the punt!

Could this be Meehan?

Yeah, I thought that straight away when I read it. Shame, was really hoping he'd have a big impact this season and early reports had him training the house down. If it is him, as it appears to be, then it's great to see the club take decisive and immediate action.

If this is Willis Meehan and if it is factual ..... then the club has swept it under the carpet and lied about it.

And that, would piss me off a lot more, and make me question the integrity of our new CEO.

If this is Willis Meehan and if it is factual ..... then the club has swept it under the carpet and lied about it.

And that, would piss me off a lot more, and make me question the integrity of our new CEO.

If it is true, can you blame the club. The last thing we wanted in the off season was the media vultures grabbing a story like that and dragging the club through the spotlight.

Anything remotely negative about Manly the media has a field day.

Yep. He deserved six cuts with the cane and daily detention!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10