Willis Meehan released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FWIW - I have fired people that worked for me in a major company. Their breaches were major and deserving of termination - but not deserving of public notification, see the theme there?

I get asked to give them a reference and have to politely refuse without further disclosure, we can all see the theme building can't we.

Last edited:
(if it was Meehan) I have no problem with the club not telling its members the full story. There are some things, many things, that the club need to keep to themselves. And just because people are paying members of the club doesnt entitle them to be privy to everything going on in the club - ''need to know basis''.

Of course if he assaulted his girlfriend or did something much more serious than just 'trashing' his unit, then that would warrant some transparency. But needing to inform the members of absolutely everything that happens behind closed doors? Please

I tend to agree with what @Lord Eagleton said above. IF it was Meehan and all he did was trash an apartment that was provided for him, why drag it through the media. It makes him look like just another boofhead league player and it gives the public cause to bleat that Manly have stuffed up by giving the bloke a chance in the first place.

By saying that he was let go in order for him to go back to boxing was probably the best thing for all concerned.

Again, that is if it was Meehan. While it looks like it might be, it could easily be someone else from another Sydney based club.

One question. Since the NRL hadn't (or wouldn't) register his contract anyway, what would it have to do with the Integrity Unit? No harm was done except to the apartment and it was handled without the need for anyone to appear in court. Even though its Manly (and we all know how Greenturd feels about us) I personally would think that the NRL would be happy that this was handled quietly without having it splashed all over the back page.

I tend to agree with what @Lord Eagleton said above. IF it was Meehan and all he did was trash an apartment that was provided for him, why drag it through the media. It makes him look like just another boofhead league player and it gives the public cause to bleat that Manly have stuffed up by giving the bloke a chance in the first place.

By saying that he was let go in order for him to go back to boxing was probably the best thing for all concerned.

Again, that is if it was Meehan. While it looks like it might be, it could easily be someone else from another Sydney based club.

One question. Since the NRL hadn't (or wouldn't) register his contract anyway, what would it have to do with the Integrity Unit? No harm was done except to the apartment and it was handled without the need for anyone to appear in court. Even though its Manly (and we all know how Greenturd feels about us) I personally would think that the NRL would be happy that this was handled quietly without having it splashed all over the back page.
It's Meehan,it's not that difficult to work that out.1 first grade game,rising star,no stranger to trouble and was announced as going to another code.Another code doesn't necessarily mean a ball sport.The issue is the lie.They didn't need to give a reason to release him.Can anyone remember the reason they gave for letting Kevin Locke go?Manly didn't do anything wrong in this instance so why hide it?If anything they look good getting rid of him

Hmm, I've been off work for a couple of weeks and my place looks pretty trashed right now, to be honest!

Privately trashing the home you live in does not validate the club coming out and letting the media get their grubby hands on it. The media and it's sound bite bashing of NRL players is relentless. String up the ones that rape, bash and vilify people and educate/punish the young ones who make some stupid mistakes.
Oh, unless your a big name star like Thurston, Lockyer, Fittler, Johns, Barba etc the list goes on....see the pattern here folks.
Rugby League culture lol

Where was the report of him / someone trashing a home?

Is there anything but pure speculation here?

Haha, 'It probably wasn't Meehan anyway' but the club issued a statement full of lies?
Talk about leaping to conclusions. Is it possible (assuming it was indeed Meehan) that an incident occurred but that was only one thing which did not lead to his instant sacking but rather a process involving several weeks negotiation about his future, culminating in the decision to let him go box? Which would make the club's statement accurate, not a statement full of lies.

you left out martians stealing his underpants ..

This is a bloke that is lucky not to have done time over two separate incidents of standover/strongarm/and theft with menace ....... A bloke the NRL had yet to allow to play the game ..... boy I'm glad we didn't trash his reputation ...... for only trashing an apartment the club provided him with along with $4000 a week .....

Wake up! there is always something wrong with publicly lying.

And @voicefromthehill I am sure whilst you didn't go public with your ex-employees I am certain you didn't go public and construct a cover story to protect them, say they are persuing opportunities elsewhere and that you wish them ever success.

Where was the report of him / someone trashing a home?

Is there anything but pure speculation here?
The Lurker said it. Did not name the club or the player though.
So there you have it, obviously there can be no room for any doubt at all.

you left out martians stealing his underpants ..
Bloody Martian snowdroppers
timthumb.jpg

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8