Willis Meehan released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His release stank to high heaven so it makes sense. No reason we'd let Knight go only to release Meehan later... He had to have brought it on himself somehow.

Yep. He deserved six cuts with the cane and daily detention![/QUOTE
Agree. Just hope the club isn't going to get into trouble about not reporting to the integrity unit etc....?

If it happened and they didn't report it, and then lied about it, they deserve to be in trouble!

I can only hope it was some goose from Parra

Agree. Just hope the club isn't going to get into trouble about not reporting to the integrity unit etc....?
Why should Manly get into trouble, if it id fact the self confessed criminal enforcer ?

If his contract was torn up by a Club, then the NRL had to deregister him. Therefore they are aware.@:cool:

Manly's 'No Dickhead' Policy may finally be enforced :clap:

It must be so frustrating for Clubs to constantly micro manage these young adults :banghead:

I'm not sure the club has done anything wrong. It does not appear that a crime has been committed, but the person has probably lost their bond, and may have to pay for damage. Clubs are surely within their rights to move a player on for poor behaviour (non-criminal behaviour) without the integrity unit, especially if a player arrived at the club as a "just give me one more chance" character.

It's time for clubs to stop copping a hammering for players poor behaviour. It happens at every club so it's clearly not a cultural thing...look up any club and you'll find something that some idiot did!!!

The only time the club should be in trouble is when it's a situation like the Eels where the club itself are the orchestrators of the problem.

Why should a club and its supporters suffer because of the behaviour of a moron footballer? Release the player and avoid publicly scruitiny seems like smart management to me.

Why should Manly get into trouble, if it id fact the self confessed criminal enforcer ?

If his contract was torn up by a Club, then the NRL had to deregister him. Therefore they are aware.@:cool:

:banghead:

Meehan didn't have an NRL contract, so nothing to deregister, and possibly no need to inform.

I'm not sure the club has done anything wrong. .

What they did wrong (and I repeat if this is Meehan) is they issued a press release full of lies!

I, as have others have taken a lot with a grain of salt with this administration, but if our integrity and character drops to the stinking level of Parra and Storm .......

I'm not sure the club has done anything wrong. It does not appear that a crime has been committed, but the person has probably lost their bond, and may have to pay for damage. Clubs are surely within their rights to move a player on for poor behaviour (non-criminal behaviour) without the integrity unit, especially if a player arrived at the club as a "just give me one more chance" character.
Agree,trashing an apartment is not good,but who actually owns it etc....does not seem like it is something that the club would have to be tarnished with,if the owners have been compensated and the apartment fixed then this is a standard occurrence in the real world.

Meehan didn't have an NRL contract, so nothing to deregister, and possibly no need to inform.

What they did wrong (and I repeat if this is Meehan) is they issued a press release full of lies!

I, as have others have taken a lot with a grain of salt with this administration, but if our integrity and character drops to the stinking level of Parra and Storm .......
true,but parents lie and cover for their children too....

true,but parents lie and cover for their children too....

Thank Yahweh and his mother that my son hasn't trashed an apartment, but I can tell you if he did I wouldn't be lying for him or covering it up .. I would kick the big boofheads butt .... after I got 3 mates to hold him

Thank Yahweh and his mother that my son hasn't trashed an apartment, but I can tell you if he did I wouldn't be lying for him or covering it up .. I would kick the big boofheads butt .... after I got 3 mates to hold him
I agree with you and your ethics Woodsie,but you would not go out of your way to tell the media if he was a well known persona would you?

It's time for clubs to stop copping a hammering for players poor behaviour. It happens at every club so it's clearly not a cultural thing...look up any club and you'll find something that some idiot did!!!

The only time the club should be in trouble is when it's a situation like the Eels where the club itself are the orchestrators of the problem.

Why should a club and its supporters suffer because of the behaviour of a moron footballer? Release the player and avoid publicly scruitiny seems like smart management to me.

Agree,trashing an apartment is not good,but who actually owns it etc....does not seem like it is something that the club would have to be tarnished with,if the owners have been compensated and the apartment fixed then this is a standard occurrence in the real world.

I hold the club completely blameless and you are correct no club should be held accountable for the actions of individual dickhead players.

But they can and should be held accountable for how they deal with it. And issuing press releases in writing to fans and the public .. lying ..... is cause in my opinion to censure them.

I agree with you and your ethics Woodsie,but you would not go out of your way to tell the media if he was a well known persona would you?

No, I would hide in my closet for as long as I could and hope nobody notices .. what I wouldn't do, as a representative of an organisation is publicly lie about it .... in this instance when They found me, I would simply tell the truth ... we don't owe Meehan anything, in fact we paid him about $40,000 to have a fun off season without having played a game for us.

Ok. Let me get this straight.
So player trashes apartment supplied by the club.
Club sacks said player without informing the world and moves on.

People are crying.

No, try again, that is not getting it straight.

The problem I have with it is that the club were not upfront with an incident that didn't need to be covered up.The club had nothing to do with it and they released him immediately.If they told the truth straight up,the club would of looked good in everybody's eyes because they didn't try and cover it up.But because the incident was slightly minor compared to other incidents League players have done,it makes you wonder what other things the club is covering up

You need to read between the lines there is possibly 2 reasons this was covered up, number 1 it coincided with manly negotiating the lottoland deal or simply at 21 the club didn't want to crucify his career , he can go and pretend to be a boxer in the hope a superleague club might sign him or perhaps another nrl club might think he is the answer to a problem like we did a year ago

Nobodies crying or upset.

I initially just said I hope there's no backlash from the NRL. Probably won't be. Just have always noted their difference in treatment between which clubs they favour and clubs like Manly.
True enough. I think the Tigers have more to worry about for shopping two players around prior to them being busted.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8