Will we turn it around this week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will we turn it around this week?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
I have to be honest, the boys have been an absolute shambles recently. Their attitude and defensive effort have been nothing short of abysmal, and it's clear that they're lacking in both skill and determination on the field.

Their lack of discipline is particularly concerning - they seem to be making the same mistakes over and over again, and they don't seem to be learning from their errors. It's frustrating to watch.

To make matters worse, I really don't see how they're going to turn it around. They've got a tough schedule coming up, and they're going to need to dig deep if they want to avoid a complete collapse. But at this point, I'm just not convinced that they have what it takes.

If they want to salvage the season, they're going to need to make some serious changes - both on and off the field. They need to start taking a hard look at themselves and start putting in the work to improve. It's not going to be easy, but if they want to avoid a total disaster, they don't have a choice.

I have to be honest, the boys have been an absolute shambles recently. Their attitude and defensive effort have been nothing short of abysmal, and it's clear that they're lacking in both skill and determination on the field.

Their lack of discipline is particularly concerning - they seem to be making the same mistakes over and over again, and they don't seem to be learning from their errors. It's frustrating to watch.

To make matters worse, I really don't see how they're going to turn it around. They've got a tough schedule coming up, and they're going to need to dig deep if they want to avoid a complete collapse. But at this point, I'm just not convinced that they have what it takes.

If they want to salvage the season, they're going to need to make some serious changes - both on and off the field. They need to start taking a hard look at themselves and start putting in the work to improve. It's not going to be easy, but if they want to avoid a total disaster, they don't have a choice.
Not panicking just yet, it's only mid April lot's of up's and downs to come for every side barring Penrith, they are a different beast altogether.

Just avoiding the spoon should be a priority at the moment. Forget trying to make the 8.

Defense - at least the kind we exhibited in the first two weeks - is worth more words than I feel like typing.

I'm hopeful, though, of more metres and post-contact metres by our props from the 21st minute to the 60th minute - it's up to you, Toff Sipley and Aaron Woods. Ability - it's there, how's the desire to dominate, though?

Our fragility on the edges is a problem. Garrick and Koula will be missed. Vaega can make metres, but how good is he in the air? Saab - very good in the air - can he make meters?

Our halves will not only have to direct the attack, but marshal the defense on each side - extremely well.

I'm 50-50 on this game. If I were Bellamy, I feel that I would have some straightforward ways of beating this weeks' Sea Eagles; if I'm Seibold, not so straightforward vs Storm - mostly around staying in the contest and grinding out a win. Not comfortable at all.

Glad this is a home game for us at the moment, for what it's worth. Maybe all the running around at fullback will empty Munster's petrol tank for once.

Defense - at least the kind we exhibited in the first two weeks - is worth more words than I feel like typing.

I'm hopeful, though, of more metres and post-contact metres by our props from the 21st minute to the 60th minute - it's up to you, Toff Sipley and Aaron Woods. Ability - it's there, how's the desire to dominate, though?

Our fragility on the edges is a problem. Garrick and Koula will be missed. Vaega can make metres, but how good is he in the air? Saab - very good in the air - can he make meters?

Our halves will not only have to direct the attack, but marshal the defense on each side - extremely well.

I'm 50-50 on this game. If I were Bellamy, I feel that I would have some straightforward ways of beating this weeks' Sea Eagles; if I'm Seibold, not so straightforward vs Storm - mostly around staying in the contest and grinding out a win. Not comfortable at all.

Glad this is a home game for us at the moment, for what it's worth. Maybe all the running around at fullback will empty Munster's petrol tank for once.
If Garrick is healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing Garrick shift to the centres to partner Koula.
Or if Koula is out, having Tuipolotu to partner Garrick. That would leave Saab and Vaega on the wings which might be worth looking at.

Possible that we can win but the overall trend is bad right now from game to game.

Injuries haven't helped but more concerned with the way the forwards have dropped off each week in terms of discipline and line speed. The difference between the first game v Bulldogs and the last two weeks is pretty scary.

Have to be realistic and except the fact that we will get smashed again tomorrow night..we just don’t have the troops or our **** together atm…parker, harper, johns, croker and no real lock..doesn’t look to promising unfortunately

I don't think so, with what we have on the paddock. Would be nice to see DCE put all his toys back in the cot and have a real go. I just feel something is not quite right with him at present, he seems to be sulking around the paddock. IMO!!!!!!

A shambles is losing 7 in a row.

Winning a couple , losing one in GP, drawing one and then getting flogged ( once ) isn’t a shambles.

Posters on here get so dramatic , anything less than perfection is apparently absolutely **** !!

Yes the last game was very very poor , and if you’re basing this statement on that game only you are right.

But one game doesn’t make a season does it.

You've really nailed it. A great summary of our team's current predicament. We definitely seem to lack both skill and determination presently, and having injury prone players in key positions simply does not help our cause. Yes, we make more "silly" errors than most teams, and this never seems to improve. I expect the next few weeks will prove to be the acid test on Anthony Seilbold's coaching credentials. If we win more games than expected, it will be a real feather in his cap. If not, and the current shambles continues, we are potentially heading towards West Tiger's territory.

And all those changes and hard choices were supposed to have been made in the off season.

A shambles is losing 7 in a row.

Winning a couple , losing one in GP, drawing one and then getting flogged ( once ) isn’t a shambles.

Posters on here get so dramatic , anything less than perfection is apparently absolutely **** !!

Yes the last game was very very poor , and if you’re basing this statement on that game only you are right.

But one game doesn’t make a season does it.
We have been letting players stroll over the try line without so much as a hand being put on them over the last few weeks. Regardless of the result, all I want is for players to at least dig in, which isn't too much to ask especially with the money theyre on.

One thing I'll say in defence of the team that I think has been overlooked is last week we were coming off back to back Golden Point games. It doesn't completely excuse that performance against the Panthers but I think it was a contributing factor. I don't think we beat the Storm this week but I'm expecting a competitive showing.

One thing I'll say in defence of the team that I think has been overlooked is last week we were coming off back to back Golden Point games. It doesn't completely excuse that performance against the Panthers but I think it was a contributing factor. I don't think we beat the Storm this week but I'm expecting a competitive showing.
If they go down fighting , its at least a start.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4