Will we turn it around this week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will we turn it around this week?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon this is the major issue at the club.

Manly is definitely a club that needs Manly DNA throughout its organisational structure, & that’s what’s eroded away over the last decade, resulting in a team of players who can’t unite under a consolidated identity.

I think the feeder club arrangement with BWSE has accelerated that erosion, as young players coming through their system have zero links with the Northern beaches as they’re from the west, where their family, friends & previous clubs & team mates are based.
Imagine going back in a time machine to say, 1973.

You come across the Manly side as they’re prepping for a game and tell them that in 2023 “Our reserve grade team is based in Blacktown.” Then you tell them “Bozo was heavily involved in arranging it.” Can you imagine the looks you would get?

Then you tell them that “Our leagues club site is now owned by Chinese-backed developers. It was forced to sell to the private owners (more about them later), who a few years later on sold the site for a very big profit.”

Ken Irvine, or maybe it was Fred Jones, responds with “Chinese? But they’re Commos!”

Or then you tell them that “The first grade coach has several assistants, but none of them, including the head man, ever played for Manly.”

Then you advise them “That we have private owners, who cannot be removed from their positions on the Board. The Football Club is the ‘lesser’ entity. So when the Club underperforms and misses the finals, which is most of the time since 2014, the private owners are never at fault. Someone else, the coach, the CEO (like Arko, the club secretary in 1973), takes the blame for their shortcomings.”

And “Oh, the principal owners are related to Zorba by marriage. I know, don’t ask!”

Last edited:
There is no way this team gets a win against a well run club like the storm. They have no attitude in defence and no skill. The roster has been bent out of shape by pandering to a long necked pretender and an injury prone myth and his professional tackling brother WAKE UP CALL! Rugby League has another aspect to it and that's called ATTACK! Jog on and cook another barbecue for some local juniors in Redcliffe and take your passenger little brother with you.

Then we have our Over Weighth who's legs can't support him he should be playing 2/8 because that's his success rate at making it in the field.

This team is the most overrated in the modern era and hasn't looked any good since Des left for the Bulldogs. The referees give us all the advantages for some reason and despite that we still manage to mess it up. Our next spoon is coming this year for sure. Melbourne by fifty then the tigers to get their season opening win against Manly in the ultimate embarrassment. I got one won't be watching, doubt anyone will show up live except Melbourne supporters and Troboievic family members and the obligatory hospital staff it takes to get Tom on the field.

Water Weed Dune Hair

There is no way this team gets a win against a well run club like the storm. They have no attitude in defence and no skill. The roster has been bent out of shape by pandering to a long necked pretender and an injury prone myth and his professional tackling brother WAKE UP CALL! Rugby League has another aspect to it and that's called ATTACK! Jog on and cook another barbecue for some local juniors in Redcliffe and take your passenger little brother with you.

Then we have our Over Weighth who's legs can't support him he should be playing 2/8 because that's his success rate at making it in the field.

This team is the most overrated in the modern era and hasn't looked any good since Des left for the Bulldogs. The referees give us all the advantages for some reason and despite that we still manage to mess it up. Our next spoon is coming this year for sure. Melbourne by fifty then the tigers to get their season opening win against Manly in the ultimate embarrassment. I got one won't be watching, doubt anyone will show up live except Melbourne supporters and Troboievic family members and the obligatory hospital staff it takes to get Tom on the field.

Water Weed Dune Hair
Our next spoon…….. we don’t have a spoon……… just sayin………

Water Weed Dune Hair
I get your pissed mate , but no spoon , ever !!

We aren’t the Parramatta Eels

There is no way this team gets a win against a well run club like the storm.
Pretty sure we beat them last time we played them, plenty here have bought into the gloom and doom which I find rather amusing!
1681422899426.png

I’m always hopeful until at least 20 minutes into the game. It depends if we turn up to play. I hope Turbo starts playing with confidence.

Posters on here get so dramatic , anything less than perfection is apparently absolutely **** !!
Good Morning feathered friend , I hope today is a great day for you Physically , Emotionally and Spiritually

The Some on here are so Dramatic perspective

People without Passion are like a corpses without heart beats

and if you do not strive for Perfection you Never Progress to the Pinnacle of Premiership winning standards

The Moral of the story
Do it With PASSION or not at All !!!

Those were the Manly Premiership winning days my feathered friend
I thought they would never end
b09a8bcb0790961d39a3ff24014d8b1d.jpg

Last edited:
We will know within the first 2-3 minutes if we are any chance tonight.
Used to be a good indicator, mave, but now I’m not so sure. These days, even if we’re up by 20 with 10 minutes to go I’m still confident the opposition will run us down. This team is capable of breaking hearts from minute one to minute 90. So I guess that’s some kind of progress?

We are only one point behind second place. We have to time to get back in the hunt but we need a win tonight. Common boys you can do it!

Pretty sure we beat them last time we played them, plenty here have bought into the gloom and doom which I find rather amusing!
View attachment 23581
Yep call the season off I say bring on the super test in the cricket so that India can smash us in England and prove they don't have to doctor pitches to beat a feeble Australian team full of flat track bullies who couldn't get a job sweeping up a spilled Rin of Milo.

The only team who can win this season is the Roosters or the Broncos, it's going to be a Queensland team this year I think and if the NRL can't get the Donkeys over the line they'll revert back to the Roosters or possibly the Riff.

View attachment 23581
Doom & Gloom , is that what you call it ??

I can’t remember a week like it , since I’ve been on here.

Not sure what’s worse than Doom & Gloom but we’ve exceeded that by a bit this week.

Doom & Gloom , is that what you call it ??

I can’t remember a week like it , since I’ve been on here.

Not sure what’s worse than Doom & Gloom but we’ve exceeded that by a bit this week.
Nah, go back to pride round and then the 7 losses after that cluster fiuck. Some of the regular posters are missing since then but it was crazy fun back then, What about the Barrret years? I reckon this week has been mild in comparison.

I don't think so, with what we have on the paddock. Would be nice to see DCE put all his toys back in the cot and have a real go. I just feel something is not quite right with him at present, he seems to be sulking around the paddock. IMO!!!!!!
I don't sense that at all. I sense that he hopes selectors don't take too much notice of manlys performances, and pick him on his past rep performances, because as long as he's playing football, he will always be available for rep footy

Nah, go back to pride round and then the 7 losses after that cluster fiuck. Some of the regular posters are missing since then but it was crazy fun back then, What about the Barrret years? I reckon this week has been mild in comparison.
Been a very long time since the faithful were even mildly happy.

Trouble is now , everyone expects perfection and anything less doesn’t cut the mustard.

Nah I disagree , back then it was nothing other than doom & gloom and for a very good reason.

But this last week , after one single bad loss , it was like Armageddon.

Prior to that we really hadn’t been flogged , some close games for sure but not flogged .

Water Weed Dune Hair
Wow and I thought I was full of vitriol. My rants look like an encounter group compared to that. Let's see if you're right tonight @Top End Eagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7