Will we turn it around this week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will we turn it around this week?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes Manly can turn it around , They may not win but I think we will see a better performance from Manly this week so that is turning it around

V a full strength ( almost ) Drizzle , and us with a spare parts team , I’ll be happy if it’s not a blow out.
The Storm are very gettable. They are no longer the team they were, though their systems and belief will continue to make sure they are a force to be reckoned with. And yes, there is a glaring challenge around the edges this game. The real question is whether Manly can get it together and believe. We are more likely to lose the game ourselves rather than Storm taking it from us. IMO.

Olam will probably get a Hat trick of tries since Harper will be scared. I can't see Manly winning tomorrow, our next win should be the West Tigers but I'm cautious about that game too.

The Storm are very gettable. They are no longer the team they were, though their systems and belief will continue to make sure they are a force to be reckoned with. And yes, there is a glaring challenge around the edges this game. The real question is whether Manly can get it together and believe. We are more likely to lose the game ourselves rather than Storm taking it from us. IMO.
Seems like Manly wet the bed whenever they play Melbourne, and thats even when they have a full strength team. Bogey team along with the Dragons.

We just don't have the hatred and rivalry that we used to have with the Storm, and we just don't have that extra desire to stick it to them. To most of the kids on the paddock it will be just another game.

First two weeks? Dogs into the bye? The it was 30 conceded against parra
First three games then - which Manly all won. Defense was good enough to get the wins. Maybe not first rate, but good enough.

Whatever it takes.

I mean, define “turning it around”
Are we going to win this week? Absolutely not.. gonna cop another flogging because we just lack the talent to get it done..

I’m not doom and gloom on the season, because I never thought we were a legitimate threat for the title… we will beat some average teams, and we will get belted by the good teams… I know this because it’s pretty much been this way for the last 5 seasons… Apart from a freakish single season from Tom, this teams been choc full of average players that don’t have talent to get the job done..

My tip for the season has always been to finish around 12th to 8th.. and unless we start actually getting some half decent players it will be the same result next year, and the year after that

Because the club’s identity is slowly ebbing away.
I reckon this is the major issue at the club.

Manly is definitely a club that needs Manly DNA throughout its organisational structure, & that’s what’s eroded away over the last decade, resulting in a team of players who can’t unite under a consolidated identity.

I think the feeder club arrangement with BWSE has accelerated that erosion, as young players coming through their system have zero links with the Northern beaches as they’re from the west, where their family, friends & previous clubs & team mates are based.

The coaching staff have been trying to bring back the manly identity over the past few months (off the field). Hope they continue with that; if successful it will filter through to the team's on field performance.

Manly is definitely a club that needs Manly DNA throughout its organisational structure, & that’s what’s eroded away over the last decade, resulting in a team of players who can’t unite under a consolidated identity.

I think the feeder club arrangement with BWSE has accelerated that erosion, as young players coming through their system have zero links with the Northern beaches as they’re from the west, where their family, friends & previous clubs & team mates are based.
The Penns have turned the "Fortress" into the "Sandcastle".

I worry more that we keep recruiting from teams like the Wests Tigers juniors.

It seems like the top teams pick from the mid tier teams like Manly, and then mid tier teams recruit from bottom tier teams. Some examples would be the Roosters taking JWH off our hands, and the Storm grabbing Nico Hynes. Meanwhile Manly appears to recruit from teams with less of a winning culture. Some examples of this in our current team would be Paseka (Tigers Junior), Aloiai (Tigers), Tapau (has moved on now but Tigers), Harper (Bulldogs), Saab (St George), Tuilagi (Tigers).

In order to move up, either identify players early and look after them, or invest in top tier workhorse players like Finucane. In short targeting a couple of players from top tier clubs for a change may be a good idea.

The team selection looks like trying to outperform them in the middle, edges are a huge problem in defence.

Attack no Schuster and Turbo stuck in first gear is a problem with the attack, will need slot of luck and the bounce of the ball to get the two points.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6