Will DCE go to the Dolphins?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will DCE be at the Dolphins at the start of '23?

• Total voters
I think DCE will stay , He would like to take this Manly team to Grand final glory and that is within his reach in the next 3 seasons

No one who leaves Manly as a star finds success elsewhere.

b0d896cd50e3b29fd67ba8b82174709c

Yeah he certainly isn’t going to help build them a strong culture.
It's only the media pundits suggesting Munster Ponga and Grant, the new club may well try to land one of them but for their first captain they might go all out for a Jai Arrow or Christian Welch type, a mature professional from a strong club. That's assuming they'd want a Queenslander, if not then Isaah Yeo fits the bill.

I’m sure DCE is on the record as saying he wants to get into coaching once his playing days are over.
The most logical option to pursue that is with us so can’t see him going anywhere.

I don't think they will want him. 1. His age. 2. He is just not popular in Qld. 3. His price tag. 4. He is just not popular in Qld.

Their first port of call is win a new fan base.

No one really knows with Daly, he a junior so there be a big lure. He have to get a release which is assume club would consider. It's a big call however given Cust has been inconsistent at 6 when given the chance and Humphries been aleast 2 years away.
While Daly not cleary or Reynolds he probably the next best 7 his field goal kicking us best on league, I heard he may want to get into coaching which I believe we need a bit given from last successful era only Snake and Monas are involved

DCE will be past his peak by then. amazingly, the media keeps saying Foz is doing so well for an old fella but in fact chez is 1.5 years older than foz.

Why would he want to go? He is coming to the end of his career. He is on very good money. He is in a team on an upwards spiral. Dce to me would love to go out of the NRL as a winner. Dce winning a premiership in the next couple of years is what I think he wants..

He would be giving the finger to all the people who has ever doubted him. Why would we want to get rid of him either with no ready replacement..

Why would he want to go? He is coming to the end of his career. He is on very good money. He is in a team on an upwards spiral. Dce to me would love to go out of the NRL as a winner. Dce winning a premiership in the next couple of years is what I think he wants..

He would be giving the finger to all the people who has ever doubted him. Why would we want to get rid of him either with no ready replacement..
How much do you think we are offering him to play on after 2023. if we will offer him anything? We should have one of the young guys ready for 2024 and save near $1M.I have no idea if he want's to play on past '23 but if he does the astute play would be to seek an release from us for '23 and sign a 3 year contract with the Dolphins that starts on Nov 1 2022. I have absolutely no idea which way it will go but there are a LOT of young guys in the squad that WILL require upgrading for '23 if we do well next year and where can that money come from except from losing a BIG money player? Our cap will be the driver here.

He will be 34 when the dolphins enter the comp.. Three year deal? Nah. Who in Qld would even support Dce.. Absolutely no chance

Indeed, so in that vein, why would WE pay him to play on after '23? The definer is probably whether he sees himself playing past 2023.
If his form hasn't dropped much why wouldn't we. Surely a much reduced wage because of his age and 1 year deals with options in our favour. Isn't it a big risk for the dolphins also because of his age and because Queenslander's don't like him that much.. They boo'd him as Qld captain

Munster is a wank. I would be throwing money at Harry Grant. He has the image and injury free, the potential to be an absolute superstar...

If his form hasn't dropped much why wouldn't we. Surely a much reduced wage because of his age and 1 year deals with options in our favour. Isn't it a big risk for the dolphins also because of his age
Why would he stay here knowing any extension would be at your "much reduced wage" for 1 year when he could possibly get 2 or 3 years near $1M with the Dolphins.
Fans are fickle and him joining the Dolphins could be anything to them, I don't know. He has a LOT to offer a QLD start-up. As for Harry Grant...yeah he looks the goods but would you throw BIG money at a young guy who has unknown resilience as opposed to DCE who is possibly the most resilient player in the NRL? There are so many variables that don't include your reasons not to sign DCE and the Dolphins choice of marquee head is an extremely important one. I see both sides of the coin, let's see what they choose to do.

Not going to argue with someone who is just looking for a reaction.I thought you were better than that..
I'm not looking for an argument, I was only hoping you would answer some of the points I presented...which you did not buddy. I'm just using logical thought as to the viability of recruiting DCE and the benefits of him going there.

Why would he stay here knowing any extension would be at your "much reduced wage" for 1 year when he could possibly get 2 or 3 years near $1M with the Dolphins.
Fans are fickle and him joining the Dolphins could be anything to them, I don't know. He has a LOT to offer a QLD start-up. As for Harry Grant...yeah he looks the goods but would you throw BIG money at a young guy who has unknown resilience as opposed to DCE who is possibly the most resilient player in the NRL? There are so many variables that don't include your reasons not to sign DCE and the Dolphins choice of marquee head is an extremely important one. I see both sides of the coin, let's see what they choose to do.
I think Chez has said before he would like to extend after 23 but he understands it wouldn't be at his current contract rate and then lead into a coaching role at the club,not saying the Dolphins wouldn't look at him but would be a big move for Chez being the face of a new club and expectations high with a new team, at Manly we are a top 4 side building for a premiership

I think the assumption that Redcliffe would give him 2-3 years on 1mil is an incorrect one.

I dont see them targetting him at all

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4