Will DCE go to the Dolphins?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will DCE be at the Dolphins at the start of '23?

• Total voters
If they offer him the captaincy he should go. It'd raise his profile and help to restoring his damaged reputation. It would greatly improve his chances of a lucrative career in the media post football. He presents and speaks very well but the animosity of fans in Queensland is against him at present.

While I'm not his greatest fan I appreciate what he's done for and in the team over the past decade. It would be a shame to see him finish with the dolphins but it would be in his best interests.

If they offer him the captaincy he should go. It'd raise his profile and help to restoring his damaged reputation. It would greatly improve his chances of a lucrative career in the media post football. He presents and speaks very well but the animosity of fans in Queensland is against him at present.

While I'm not his greatest fan I appreciate what he's done for and in the team over the past decade. It would be a shame to see him finish with the dolphins but it would be in his best interests.
They’ll probably just blame him if they’re not winning

I think he stays. However he shouldn't be contracted for three more years at anywhere near his current contract figure. Two years with a club option for the third year at 600 K would potentially be fair for the club and DCE. Or he can try and get a better deal somewhere else.

Agreed and also the young talent we have coming through will be ready for 2023 .Imagine the halves of Schuster and Fainu or Humphries or Weekes .

I think he stays. However he shouldn't be contracted for three more years at anywhere near his current contract figure. Two years with a club option for the third year at 600 K would potentially be fair for the club and DCE. Or he can try and get a better deal somewhere else.
V 1.1 million a year at Redcliffe

1.5 million extra over 3 years , I know what I’d do !!

He Will be linked, likely even a target, but is setup for life outside footy at Manly and by then, in the twilight of his career.
The only way he would leave, is if Manly don't want him and basically say they prefer someone else at 7....again unlikely
The short money is definitely on DCE staying, but expect a heap of media speculation of him Captaining the new NRL franchise

Let’s just say they offer him 1.1 million per year for 3 years 2023-2025, and our offer is say $600k for 2 years.

That’s 3.3 million ( before tax of course ) V 1.2 million.

Ok let’s say he loses 1/3 in tax ( it would be more but makes it easier to calculate ) he ends up with 2.2 million from going north v $800k from staying south.

Now in the third year we might offer him a coaching role , say at $300k , so losing $100k in tax he gets $200k

All up that would be a million from us v 2.2 million from Redcliffe.

If he invested that extra 1.2 million in say the Australian Stock Exchange , conservatively in the top 50 stocks , with a dividend reinvestment plan he’d maybe have 2.5 -3 million by year time he’s 60.

And that’s still leaving the million over 3 years to live on.

I get his love of the northern beach’s and his Sydney family but purely from a financial perspective if this was the deal on the table I know what I’d be recommending.

Agreed and also the young talent we have coming through will be ready for 2023 .Imagine the halves of Schuster and Fainu or Humphries or Weekes .
Humphries, Weekes nor Latu Fainu will be ready to be fulltime starting half in 2023.

Thats 1 season away

Let’s just say they offer him 1.1 million per year for 3 years 2023-2025, and our offer is say $600k for 2 years.

Ok let’s say he loses 1/3 in tax ( it would be more but makes it easier to calculate ) he ends up with 2.2 million from going north v $800k from staying south.

Now in the third year we might offer him a coaching role , say at $300k , so losing $100k in tax he gets $200k

If he invested that extra 1.2 million in say the Australian Stock Exchange , conservatively in the top 50 stocks , with a dividend reinvestment plan he’d maybe have 2.5 -3 million by year time he’s 60.

I get his love of the northern beach’s and his Sydney family but purely from a financial perspective if this was the deal on the table I know what I’d be recommending.
No way I see them offering him a 1.1mil 3 year deal.

I actually don't see them targeting him at all

sportsman are allowed to spread there earnings out over years because of the ad hoc way they earn thus reducing the tax bill. not sure to what degree and time frame anymore

I agree with your life scenario though. id be the same. selling his sydney home and buying at elsewhere would make him wealthier in a heartbeat

I just dont see redciffe wanting him as a marquee signing. bennett has indicated he wants cody walker, munster is making all the right/wrong moves to see his chances of leaving melbourne and both would be better options

DCE contract wishes would ensure he is indeed a marquee signing .

a new club wants a man you can build a team around, where daly needs more helpers than most players of his distinction. you would need to add a very expensive and selective 6 and 9 to offset the basics DCE doesnt provide . he is a better player than he is a 7

if he wants the coin its cronulla or tigpies
if he wants to be at manly for whatever reason it has to be on a greatly reduced contract and i think these scenarios are more likely

right now there is no hurry but if reddy want to buy him out we should let them
either way, before we offer too much money to DCE i want to see how cust, foran and schuster handle the role without him when tom is playing. its the best way to gauge his value to our team outcomes and good business.

it doesnt matter if its wrapped in a sombrero, but if its in the cap spreadsheet, every increment defines our team .

I honestly dont know - if they offered him a massive contract I wouldn't blame him for taking it up.

If we won the premiership next year, would that give him further reason to take up a lucrative offer from the dolphins, or would he prefer to stay & try to win B2B premierships?

I agree with your life scenario though. id be the same. selling his sydney home and buying at elsewhere would make him wealthier in a heartbeat
I'd imagine he has a healthy property portfolio by now.
Fun fact the house he bought at Mermaid beach when he signed at the Titans was a friend of the Mrs.

just could not see Manly releasing him for 2023 even if he was tempted to consider an offer to leave . Could well be Foz ;s last season at Manly next season and again doubt that the club would countenance losing that level of experience alone with losing them both . Donn 't think that Cust could provide the necessary replacement value , Humphreys not quite ready .

Why does wants have an apostrophe? In the survey questions.
Maybe someones idea of a joke? Apostrophe Now!
1633995371739.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8