Will DCE go to the Dolphins?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will DCE be at the Dolphins at the start of '23?

• Total voters
Could be tricky timing for Manly, you don't want to be left with a so-so half back, or an untried kid as halfback during your precious premiership window.

Could be tricky timing for Manly, you don't want to be left with a so-so half back, or an untried kid as halfback during your precious premiership window.
Surely the possibility of this eventuating has been addressed by the club. Surely, the possibility of DCE leaving sticks out like a boil on Cleary's forehead. I guess if we don't hear any leaves rustling it means DCE is not going to leave.

No way I see them offering him a 1.1mil 3 year deal.

I actually don't see them targeting
Id
Surely the possibility of this eventuating has been addressed by the club. Surely, the possibility of DCE leaving sticks out like a boil on Cleary's forehead. I guess if we don't hear any leaves rustling it means DCE is not going to leave.
Id be more worried,depending on your thoughts on DCE,if there was no “leaves rustling”
For most of his career,he’s been rumoured to be heading back to QLD,specifically the Broncos and never left Manly.There’s been no talk in the media about joining the Dolphins

I've heard they're targeting Munster, Ponga & Grant.
Yep, if they get those three and an up and coming half, plus some big fast forwards, they will be in a nice position to finish just outside the 8 in their first year and then final 8 second year.

They will have to severely compromise on their depth with Munster, Ponga and Grant taking up most of their salary cap but then again look at Manly in 2022 with almost $5mill on four players. It can work.

Id

Id be more worried,depending on your thoughts on DCE,if there was no “leaves rustling”
For most of his career,he’s been rumoured to be heading back to QLD,specifically the Broncos and never left Manly.There’s been no talk in the media about joining the Dolphins
I was thinking more along the lines of young halves being fast-tracked within or a halves addition hinting at a replacement type of rustling.

Honestly, dce makes the most sense. In what he offers on and off the field. But is he a draw card that other players want to play with? Munster fits the bill, but do you want your clubs foundations built on that Muppets shoulders?

You want to build a club people care for, you don't want them to turn out like the titans where most people are apathetic towards em.

To me, you have to start with that 1 good player and build on them. They are your drive and captain, they push the team to the level they are at....and drag em along if they have to.

Essentially they need someone to do for them what roy asitasi did for south's.....if they could approach anyone, I would be throwing the cheque book at Teddy.....but as he is contracted he is likely off limits.

Dce is next best option out there, has leadership, big game experience, local, game manager, good kick game. What does Bennett usually look for in a half in all his successful teams over the year? Game manager with kick game.

Honestly, dce makes the most sense. In what he offers on and off the field. But is he a draw card that other players want to play with? Munster fits the bill, but do you want your clubs foundations built on that Muppets shoulders?

You want to build a club people care for, you don't want them to turn out like the titans where most people are apathetic towards em.

To me, you have to start with that 1 good player and build on them. They are your drive and captain, they push the team to the level they are at....and drag em along if they have to.

Essentially they need someone to do for them what roy asitasi did for south's.....if they could approach anyone, I would be throwing the cheque book at Teddy.....but as he is contracted he is likely off limits.

Dce is next best option out there, has leadership, big game experience, local, game manager, good kick game. What does Bennett usually look for in a half in all his successful teams over the year? Game manager with kick game.
I thought his leadership was questionable in the finals this year...he didn't show any composure. I also think when you consider he'll be 34 when he runs out to play his first game for them, it's not good management. You want a leader that is going to be at the club for 3-4 years, not 1-2 tops.

I thought his leadership was questionable in the finals this year...he didn't show any composure. I also think when you consider he'll be 34 when he runs out to play his first game for them, it's not good management. You want a leader that is going to be at the club for 3-4 years, not 1-2 tops.
Yeah, hence my thought dce is option 2. I would be paying overs for Teddy or turbo.....only 2 nsw players I can think of that qld would embrace.

Just can't wrap my head around Munster being their marque.

I don't see them chasing DCE and if they do they won't offer $1,000,000+ a season.
Even though he is a great player, his best days are behind him and especially in another 18 months.

Very few players are worth that and if you are going to spend that on someone you want a young bloke who has 5+ years left in him to build the team around.

I wound be chasing Nathan Cleary, Sam Walker or Cameron Munster who are several years younger then DCE.
Yes they are contracted but the means SFA these days.

Yep, if they get those three and an up and coming half, plus some big fast forwards, they will be in a nice position to finish just outside the 8 in their first year and then final 8 second year.

They will have to severely compromise on their depth with Munster, Ponga and Grant taking up most of their salary cap but then again look at Manly in 2022 with almost $5mill on four players. It can work.
I believe it is one of those three as a marquee then guys like Redd Mahoney and Welch have been suggested as their teir two targets

Yeah he certainly isn’t going to help build them a strong culture.
Munster is an extremely loose cannon. He actually has negative leadership capabilities. He excels in leading his teammates in the wrong direction. Surely that's obvious from his past exploits? The Dolphins would be mad to bring him in as their marquee player.

Well we didn't do too badly when Ox finished up and we had Trent Hogkinson come in virtually untried, then when we lost him to the dogs ....and UP STEPS DCE untried.

So you never know... in another 2 years players like Humphreys and young Fainu are a possability

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4