Who will Thrive under Des ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
well ... I am sure that Dessie, Cartwright, Donny, Ballin, Monnas, Crusher, head shrink guy and sprint coach and one more coach I know is coming .... should be able to do at least as good a job ...

Edit .... I forgot Randall and the weight trainer .... what's that ... a training staff of 11 .... should be enough you reckon ...
The difference to me though (and I have no inside info etc etc) is that TB demanded support staff.......Des brought in support staff. I think TB threw his toys out without being proactive whilst Des brought in HIS troops. Question Woodsie....would TB have been able to bring in teh same calibre or did he expect Gorman/Penn too? Frommemory he brought in Cartwright and Ferris and we saw how that turned out.

My point is DES not only knew what/who he wanted.........he got them.

The difference to me though (and I have no inside info etc etc) is that TB demanded support staff.......Des brought in support staff. I think TB threw his toys out without being proactive whilst Des brought in HIS troops. Question Woodsie....would TB have been able to bring in teh same calibre or did he expect Gorman/Penn too? Frommemory he brought in Cartwright and Ferris and we saw how that turned out.

My point is DES not only knew what/who he wanted.........he got them.

Interesting supposition ..... I don't think Baz would have had the ability or authority to hire outside his budget .... financial approval would have been needed from Penn/Gorman .... Baz would have then probably identified and hired who he wanted ...

On the point of the quality of staff ..... you make a good point ....

With Dessie ... given the mood when Maguire told us no thanks ... I posted that Des had Penn in a xmas grip and was slowly twisting ... I am certain he made his demands known well before signing on ..... and if he is going beyond that then I think Penn is sitting in a bunker somewhere pulling his hair out but to afraid to call Des and tell him to stop .... hahahahh ....

Agree .... what astounds me though .... is that when one of the most experienced and successful coaches in the history of the game says I need an additional staff of 11 to resource the football office .... we all cry "of course" ... how wonderful it is .... happy days .... and rightfully so ....

... but when the least experience coach in the game ... the bloke that would need the most help .... with a staff of 3 ..... had the courage to stand up and demand more staff ..... everybody attacked him and called him a sook .... posted countless posts about how back in the day 2V and Dessie didn't need all those resources ...

It is a strange and bizarre world in which we inhabit .....
Yeah... I don’t know what to think about all that... but Des has definitely shown that the coaching department was understaffed and of an amateur standard... that’s for sure.

I reakon the whole team will thrive. And those that dont will be dumped to the curb. We need a 30 man squad full off beasts that want to win a prem. No passengers.

Agree .... what astounds me though .... is that when one of the most experienced and successful coaches in the history of the game says I need an additional staff of 11 to resource the football office .... we all cry "of course" ... how wonderful it is .... happy days .... and rightfully so ....

... but when the least experience coach in the game ... the bloke that would need the most help .... with a staff of 3 ..... had the courage to stand up and demand more staff ..... everybody attacked him and called him a sook .... posted countless posts about how back in the day 2V and Dessie didn't need all those resources ...

It is a strange and bizarre world in which we inhabit .....
Only problem with Baz's stance is that he quit.

Manly sourcing staff after June 2018 was of zero interest to him :confused:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8