Who will Des bring with him and who will he flick?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Turbo is suffering from too much expectation from within. I would not be surprised if he has more touches than our halves. Essentially they just throw it to him and then play support.

Too much, too much . He is being targeted, hammered and as a result is running sideways because they dont give him the ball when he has options they just give it to him to create options. I feel for the young bloke really. Im surprised he isnt doing the tactical kicking, team talks and kicking goals. With so much focus on his attack and hit ups and support through the middle it leaves him very thinly spread for defence, organising defence and positional play.

Fullbacks pick there times, watch and inject themselves , not be playmaker for the majority of the match

Our halves are killing this diamond by passing the buck

Right now he looks a bit at sea at fullback but reset the plan, get some other players to do there job and i think he can shine. If not get rid of walker, sign hoppa to play fullback and make turbo a centre with kelly. But it would be a shame if he has to change positions because of other players
100% agree with what you say and I think Des will be the coach to bring the structure that will enable him to shine.

On a serious note, and it probably won’t be popular around here, but I can see Des flicking Api. He’s Barrett’s man and the opposite of the structured player I think Des would like in that role.
Yeah, I can see him preferring Fainu to Api but I think there is definitely room for both in the 17. Quite excited to see it actually.

Moving Turbo for Hoppa is the epitomy of short term thinking.

Turbo is young, developing and the sky is the limit for him. Moving him for Hoppa who IMO is near his peak may cut out an error or two in 2019 but will stagnate Turbo and cost us for the next decade

On a serious note, and it probably won’t be popular around here, but I can see Des flicking Api. He’s Barrett’s man and the opposite of the structured player I think Des would like in that role.
I agree that I’ll get disagrees. But id love him to move out of starting hooker. Great if we can keep him as utility at no. 14. 5/8, Halfback, Hooker and could probably play centre or roaming lock if injuries occur mid game. He’s a good individual player, so needs to play an individual’s role, not such a crucial team organising role imo. The reason we don’t have a formidable middle is the instability of such an erratic attacking, and defensive player.

Still love api, but manly, and their success are always first.

I agree that I’ll get disagrees. But id love him to move out of starting hooker. Great if we can keep him as utility at no. 14. 5/8, Halfback, Hooker and could probably play centre or roaming lock if injuries occur mid game. He’s a good individual player, so needs to play an individual’s role, not such a crucial team organising role imo. The reason we don’t have a formidable middle is the instability of such an erratic attacking, and defensive player.

Still love api, but manly, and their success are always first.

If api is manlys bench man we are strong. It should be where we aim to be. Get a solid rake to play us into the game and inject this jack in the box into the game. He can cover 6 and 7 for injuries as well. He would then play for NSW as he is the craig wing type of player all teams need.

We also need marty or AFB to be on the bench with a good solid toiler to start

Then manlys pack is an arse kicker again if we can afford this

Dessie let Damien Cook go. He clearly doesn't like running hookers.

The importance of a good number 9 cannot be underestimated in the modern game. Look at all the top teams and it’s one position that clearly separates them from the rest, the 9 guides the team around and makes so many decisions as well as doing a lot of work.

I like Api but don’t think he is good enough at drawing defenders and picking the best part of he defence for the forwards to target with a pass that lets them get momentum up. It’s something he can work on though and if he does his X factor could make him a great dummy half. Maybe Matty Ballin can help him here in the off season.

Des has been out of clubland for awhile....can he actually 'bring' anyone with him?

Also... we're talking about peoples lives, people! They have loved ones, mortgages, kids, peanut butter...... come on.... be compassionate!

Oh the humanity!

Turbo is suffering from too much expectation from within. I would not be surprised if he has more touches than our halves. Essentially they just throw it to him and then play support.

Too much, too much . He is being targeted, hammered and as a result is running sideways because they dont give him the ball when he has options they just give it to him to create options. I feel for the young bloke really. Im surprised he isnt doing the tactical kicking, team talks and kicking goals. With so much focus on his attack and hit ups and support through the middle it leaves him very thinly spread for defence, organising defence and positional play.

Fullbacks pick there times, watch and inject themselves , not be playmaker for the majority of the match

Our halves are killing this diamond by passing the buck

Right now he looks a bit at sea at fullback but reset the plan, get some other players to do there job and i think he can shine. If not get rid of walker, sign hoppa to play fullback and make turbo a centre with kelly. But it would be a shame if he has to change positions because of other players
Agreed he and Jake look like they have the world on their shoulders and feel like they have to carry the whole team for the past few season.
I agree I think Des will give Tom more focused and simple gameplans which we could see the best out of Tom injury free in 2019.

I expect Des will focus on getting the best out of the cattle he has whilst bringing up young talent. Whilst we don't have the money for Will H he would be an excellent addition to our squad. Dess will be our Raymond Reddington for those that watch Blacklist.
I don't. What is it?

I watch it..... but it is more like a guilty pleasure. the blacklist is kinda crap. I think I turned when a missile hit something like a dc - 10 and all that happened was an engine went out, 1980's graphics ensued, and the plane landed safely.

anyway...whose bones are in that friggen briefcase?

@davohan123
@Tragic-Eagles

Last edited:
Agreed he and Jake look like they have the world on their shoulders and feel like they have to carry the whole team for the past few season.
I agree I think Des will give Tom more focused and simple gameplans which we could see the best out of Tom injury free in 2019.

Your right, jake takes the ball to the line with the intent of ballplaying more than our 6 and 7. Our team is so out of whack. Jake takes the ownership for the team , we need others to step up or step out. We are wasting our talent

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10