Who will Des bring with him and who will he flick?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Don't see why, if you mean criminally charged?, peptides are not illegal in Australia, they may be illegal for use as far as ASADA is concerned.
Ok. Yeah sort of both. I wasn't sure. So he was found guilty by ASADA but was pretty much pleading his innocence even to this day.
I'd prefer though, that he stayed away.

John Novak? You mean the answer to the question my wife used to ask me all the time back in the first Des era?
"Who the f*** is that weird-looking guy with the fixed smile sitting next to Des?"
"Why, that's John Novak, Certified Mind Guru!" I'd say, and he'd smile into the camera right on cue. Like this:

2D6E27839163F2BF9B466A6318CD92EF.jpg

But I was never able to answer her follow-up question: "What the f*** does he actually do?"

Last edited:
John Novak? You mean the answer to the question my wife used to ask me all the team back in the first Des era?
"Who the f*** is that weird-looking guy with the fixed smile sitting next to Des?"
"Why, that's John Novak, Certified Mind Guru!" I'd say, and he'd smile into the camera right on cue. Like this:

2D6E27839163F2BF9B466A6318CD92EF.jpg

But I was never able to answer her follow-up question: "What the f*** does he actually do?"

And that’s the key to his mind guruness.
If we knew what he actually did then he wouldn’t be a guru and if we did, he’d probably have to kill us!

I cannot understand the trubo's love for Barrett Do they like finishing second last every year and playing in front of crowds of 2k

5 minutes with hasler and I am sure they will see the difference between the two and how unprofessional barrett was

Eagles and Des must fix two broken Turbos
There will be the usual denials, but there is a far greater challenge for Des Hasler and the Sea Eagles than luring Kieran Foran back to the northern beaches.

There is a rather long shadow being cast over the playing group by Trent Barrett. Manly’s management and Hasler will be trying to sell the club to two players who before this year seemed certainties to play out their careers with the Sea Eagles.

Jake and Tom Trbojevic grew up playing for the Mona Vale Raiders and dreaming of playing for Manly. Their love of the club was almost detrimental to their careers as rival clubs knew they would never leave. They signed four-year deals a couple of seasons back and gave no genuine indication they had ever looked elsewhere.

In past years, Jake would never have said a negative word about the club. But in recent times that has changed. He has been outspoken in his support for Barrett. And he wants to be coached by Barrett again in the future. This is not spin coming from the Barrett camp.

Tom feels the same. We’re sure Hasler can work his magic and get the brothers onside, but it is just another problem he needs to tackle – and he needs to do it as a priority.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...t-s-not-just-about-money-20181103-p50duf.html

I cannot understand the trubo's love for Barrett Do they like finishing second last every year and playing in front of crowds of 2k

5 minutes with hasler and I am sure they will see the difference between the two and how unprofessional barrett was

There will be the usual denials, but there is a far greater challenge for Des Hasler and the Sea Eagles than luring Kieran Foran back to the northern beaches.

There is a rather long shadow being cast over the playing group by Trent Barrett. Manly’s management and Hasler will be trying to sell the club to two players who before this year seemed certainties to play out their careers with the Sea Eagles.

Jake and Tom Trbojevic grew up playing for the Mona Vale Raiders and dreaming of playing for Manly. Their love of the club was almost detrimental to their careers as rival clubs knew they would never leave. They signed four-year deals a couple of seasons back and gave no genuine indication they had ever looked elsewhere.

In past years, Jake would never have said a negative word about the club. But in recent times that has changed. He has been outspoken in his support for Barrett. And he wants to be coached by Barrett again in the future. This is not spin coming from the Barrett camp.

Tom feels the same. We’re sure Hasler can work his magic and get the brothers onside, but it is just another problem he needs to tackle – and he needs to do it as a priority.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...t-s-not-just-about-money-20181103-p50duf.html

Yep, Barrett is the football coach equivalent of the high school teacher who tries to be friends with the students and ends up being walked all over by them, whilst they waste all their potential.

He has been outspoken in his support for Barrett. And he wants to be coached by Barrett again in the future. This is not spin coming from the Barrett camp.

Tom feels the same.

What do they plan on playing reserve grade? Barrett is so far down the line of getting another first grade gig it isn't funny. I would suggest Lyall calls both in for a quiet meeting and suggest they keep quiet on the subject as it is doing neither of them a favour. They are coming across as big heads who think they run the club.

Typically spoilt.
Just the way it is.
They are doing themselves no favours.
Someone needs to get on to them but who does the guiding these days...

What do they plan on playing reserve grade? Barrett is so far down the line of getting another first grade gig it isn't funny. I would suggest Lyall calls both in for a quiet meeting and suggest they keep quiet on the subject as it is doing neither of them a favour. They are coming across as big heads who think they run the club.
Them and dce did run the team under Barrett and look where it got us.

This is John Novak.............
John has over 3 decades of experience in speaking, lecturing and motivating people from all walks of life.

He was Head of Mind Management at NRL's Canterbury Bulldogs from 2012-March 2017, with 2 grand final appearances and a minor premiership over the past 3 years with the team. Prior to this he was the Mind Coach for the Manly Sea Eagles during the year they won the 2011 NRL Premiership.

cdbd82_c1cc3aeee0264dc1818c9b24c7144ce7~mv2.webp

• BA-UNSW (Sydney, Australia)

• LLB- Sydney University

• MA- George Washington University, USA

• Admitted as a Legal Practitioner, NSW Supreme Court in 2005 (Sydney)

• Diploma Health Counselling

• JOHN NOVAK SPORT
John enjoys sharing his cutting edge sports mind program termed the BOOMERANG EFFECT. He works closely with all team members, coaching and support staff to develop a positive, resilient and mentally tough team that bounces back and achieves their potential.Among his other numerous positions in his career, in 2010-11, John was Head of Sport Management at the International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS). This role included lecturing, coordinating the degree program and working with staff and students to develop an innovative sports management programs.

John Novak has an inspiring background with 3 academic degrees, a third dan black belt, and known as the man who defeated Dolph Ludgren (‘Drago’ from Rocky 4) in a Karate tournament. He has 5000 aerobics classes under his belt and sold more than 400,000 Aussie Fit videos worldwide.

John is the author of "BE Golf Mind Game", "The Answers Lie Within", and co-author of “Alive and Kicking” and has over the last 20 years worked as a Sports Motivator, Performance Coach and Mind Trainer for Elite Athletes who have earned National, International, Commonwealth and Olympic Games recognition.

In his role as a speaker, John's clients include some of Australia's leading businesses - such as Ernst & Young, Law Australia, Coca Cola, MBF, Hooker Real Estate, NSW Police Force, Reebok and Telstra.

See John Novak's Bio for details.

Last edited:
John has over 3 decades of experience in speaking, lecturing and motivating people from all walks of life.

He was Head of Mind Management at NRL's Canterbury Bulldogs from 2012-March 2017, with 2 grand final appearances and a minor premiership over the past 3 years with the team. Prior to this he was the Mind Coach for the Manly Sea Eagles during the year they won the 2011 NRL Premiership.

• LLB- Sydney University
    • JOHN NOVAK SPORT
John enjoys sharing his cutting edge sports mind program termed the BOOMERANG EFFECT. He works closely with all team members, coaching and support staff to develop a positive, resilient and mentally tough team that bounces back and achieves their potential.Among his other numerous positions in his career, in 2010-11, John was Head of Sport Management at the International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS). This role included lecturing, coordinating the degree program and working with staff and students to develop an innovative sports management programs.

John Novak has an inspiring background with 3 academic degrees, a third dan black belt, and known as the man who defeated Dolph Ludgren (‘Drago’ from Rocky 4) in a Karate tournament. He has 5000 aerobics classes under his belt and sold more than 400,000 Aussie Fit videos worldwide.

John is the author of "BE Golf Mind Game", "The Answers Lie Within", and co-author of “Alive and Kicking” and has over the last 20 years worked as a Sports Motivator, Performance Coach and Mind Trainer for Elite Athletes who have earned National, International, Commonwealth and Olympic Games recognition.

In his role as a speaker, John's clients include some of Australia's leading businesses - such as Ernst & Young, Law Australia, Coca Cola, MBF, Hooker Real Estate, NSW Police Force, Reebok and Telstra.

Impressive CV. For mine kicking dolph lundgrens ass is hard to top though haha

Looking at a current team list. There appears to be a couple too many wingers/centres, and not enough forwards. Prop inparticular.

Des has favoured forwards on the bench in recent years. Making the prop depth even smaller.

If he doesn't end up in the UK for 19. I can see Winterstein spending preseason playing prop.

• LLB- Sydney University
    • JOHN NOVAK SPORT

Sounds like a fully certified cult leader / nut as far as I’m concerned.

The dolph lundgren thing may not have been that big a deal if it was back in the day when dolph went to Sydney uni. Did they do karate as uni students at the gym?

It’s like me putting in my cv that I once partnered tooves in the halves for belrose.

Actually I might add it my cv. But say tooves was my halves partner.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10