Who should be the Manly Coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you want as Manly coach?

• Des

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • Flanagan

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • Siebold

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Hannah

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • S Hales

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Ryles

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • The Silvertails

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Barrett 2.0

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Toovey

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • B Fulton

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

hozza

Bencher
I think it’s safe to say everyone is over this circus. Personally I’ll be supporting whoever is in charge from round 1, but pressure as always will/should be on. Vote away.

Hannay might not actually be the worst option. His record on paper doesn’t look great but no one is going to get great results as an interim coach in poor teams. He’s been in some good systems with the Cows, Sharks and Queensland this year and is young enough that I’d hope he’d know we need to adapt to the modern game. Definitely prefer him to Seibold who carries too much baggage for mine.

Either way we need to get this sorted asap. Des as coach next year with Hannay or another young coach to take over afterwards might be the way to go if Des can accept that, but he is kidding himself if he thinks he deserves a longer extension after the way this year went. Some things were out of his control but his team selections have been abysmal for a long time now and we desperately are in need of change as a club.

Surely those voting for Des can see his deficiencies, or don't they attend games? Poor player selection, poor bench rotation, lack of a game plan, inability to play out the 80, no attacking options, no defensive ability. How we finished 11th and not 15th is a miracle.

I know contracts in the NRL mean Nada these days BUT .
Des was signed to the job for another 12 months, let him do it. If he fails he's gone if it looks good halfway through start negotiating.

Siebold 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be honest I’m more concerned about still being unsettled in the coaching ranks come mid next year. Players are can be signed from November 1st for 2024. If we wait till next year most the decent ones will be signed elsewhere. For me 2023 is done.

From memory I think we have up to 3 million off contract for 24’, great chance to shuffle the deck. Just need the coach settled.

Sadly I think Des might be past it BUT if he’d take it on board , Director of Coaching for 2023, with the club option of an extension into 2024 AND then a Coach working under him for 2023 moving into the coach position in 2024.

Hales , maybe
Hannay, promising , so maybe
Seibold , can’t see him working like this
Flanagan , ditto , my way or the highway

OR

They bite the bullet and sack Des ( which I cannot see them doing ).

It’s not completely Des’s fault for year 2022, there were many factors , but we have whinged all year about selections and that’s his Achilles Heel. That and what I see is an antiquated game plan.

The question is which coach is dumb enough to coach Manly under these basket case owners and management? The more coaches that look at Manly the more who won't want to put their reputation on the line by coaching this basket case club.

How we finished 11th and not 15th is a miracle.
It was quite a miraculous year, I'd add the following to the list of miracles:
  • V Storm (without Munster but with Pappy, Hughes, Grant, Smith etc): led 36-12 with 5 to go
  • V Cows (who made the prelim): led 26-12 with 7 to go
  • V Souths (who made the prelim): led all first half despite playing a man short, and were still within 8 in the 71st minute
  • V Eels (who made the grand final): led all game until 2 minutes from time (at Commbank)
  • v Sharks (who finished 2nd in minor premiership): outscored them 22-nil in the second half (admittedly after getting flogged in 1st half) :)
  • v a fully fired-up Panthers (since proven to be one of the great sides of the NRL era): trailed by only 6 at halftime (though they did score 3 more tries in the 2nd half)
  • v Chooks (who finished 6th): lost only 3 tries to 2 despite unprecedented disruption to team
(All except the Panthers game without Tom)

Hales? isn't he the Blacktown coach and how did that go?
Hannah, can't say his resume is anything to write home about.
Seibold

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4