Who should be the Manly Coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you want as Manly coach?

• Des

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • Flanagan

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • Siebold

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Hannah

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • S Hales

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Ryles

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • The Silvertails

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Barrett 2.0

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Toovey

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • B Fulton

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
It seems to me that the best new coaches have assisted either Bellamy or Robbo. Clearly great mentors and perhaps that's the first criteria for a green coach.
Which brings us to Des as coaching director. Tooves is the only coach who has come form his 'systems' and surely they had more of a collegiate relationship.

Have whoever for coach , no matter , we need the office and board room to be fixed then work down the line from there, our office and board have been our downfall for many years .
don't have an answer for it or why it keeps happening but we always seem to be infighting which is not good.

Penn is the leader of Sea Eagles Inc.
I agree with you.
It is time for Mr Penn to show some leadership and lead us out of troubled waters

He keeps on sacking others for not living up to standards but should be humble enough to look at

his own standards which have not been the Benchmark of a successful club

He used to be great and now he is just ok :)
Des might still be great or he may be just ok or he might get the boot - who knows. It'll sort itself one way or the other. For now, this coach I'm sure about.

Attachments

• 20221007_085658.jpg
    20221007_085658.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 8
T
So after reading all the arguments for changing the coach over the past weeks, I had decided last night that indeed we needed a change. I had suggested Murrays. However, having slept on it, I can see now I was WRONG. Whilst there is experience, there just isn't the Manly DNA. In fact, I LOVE our current coach! When I see our coach on the street, I still get goosebumps. With those giant Sea Eagles emblazoned on the sides, I think the coach is fantastic! Some people have said that the coach has lost the shed. Well, to my knowledge that's never happened. Ok, there was that one time but I'm pretty sure that was interstate and that was a stand in coach. So our coach could hardly be blamed for that. And whenever I've seen the coach on the street, the players have always seemed on board. Yes, we have an ageing coach and yes, I've seen the coach struggling up Beacon Hill Road. But with much determination, the players have always been taken to the next level. And I think our current coach can continue to do that for a while yet. Yes, the coach is navigating some rough roads now (but have you seen how much rain we've had??!!) and yes, there's some combustion with the current owners and there's definitely some major tinkering required to get through 2023 but I think there's still enough petrol in the tank to keep the Mighty Sea Eagles moving forward. So NOPE, I'm not for changing our coach. I'm pickin and stickin!
The problem with our coach is that it is still trying to find its way through Sydney with a Gregory's whilst all the others have moved to SatNav - i know it is how the coach has always done it and, yes, the coach HAS arrived at its destination before but the street layout has changed and it seems you have to go through western Sydney to get anywhere nowadays - and that place is a zoo... if we are going to update the coach then we should take the opportunity to swap some of those dirty old seats out as they do not match the pretty rainbow ones...

T
The problem with our coach is that it is still trying to find its way through Sydney with a Gregory's whilst all the others have moved to SatNav - i know it is how the coach has always done it and, yes, the coach HAS arrived at its destination before but the street layout has changed and it seems you have to go through western Sydney to get anywhere nowadays - and that place is a zoo... if we are going to update the coach then we should take the opportunity to swap some of those dirty old seats out as they do not match the pretty rainbow ones...
Not to mention the tolls!! Just look at all the angst in these posts about the coach. It's taking it's toll!

I think it's clear we've arrived at a point where it's painfully obvious that something has to change. Ideally, I'd start with a change in ownership. A fish rots from the head down, as they say, and we are so rotten right now that even the mangiest seagull flapping over the North Steyne foreshore wouldn't stop to have a peck at the carcass. But it appears we may be stuck with Penn. Which means Des is the next in line. Des's coaching merits (or lack thereof) aside, whatever relationship he and Penn had is broken, so he has to go. As for who should replace him, I don't care. If the choice is as simple as Des or Not Des, right now I'll take Not Des every time.

Silvertails.

Stats man: @Disco
Head Coach: @Woodsie
Motivational coach: @BOZO
Assistant Coach: @Technical Coach
Assistant Coach: @maxta
New Owner: @God (who else?)
Player welfare and education (or Re-education): @SeaEagleRock8
Media: @Dan
Travel: @Mark from Brisbane
Recruitment: @Wombat64
Recruitment: @robbiea
Recruitment: @Eagle of London (overseas)
Recruitment: @Snake
CFO: @Ryan
Merchandise and marketing: @NYEagle
Memberships: @The Wheel
Memberships: @Mitch
Junior Development: @Darren
Junior Development: @Smokin Joe
Security: @frank stokes

Have I missed anyone ?

Last edited:
This Infighting and Instability is a very bad image for our club

Des and Mr Penn are dragging the club down to their Incompetent level

Silvertails.

Have I missed anyone ?
The Head coach is always accountable and @Woodsie has to go feathered friend @Ryan

Silvertails.

Have I missed anyone ?
Merchandise and marketing - @NYEagle

#NYEagle

Silvertails.

Merchandise and marketing: @NYEagle

Have I missed anyone ?
I'd like to create a new position of Court Jester ..... and apply.

I'd like to create a new position of Court Jester ..... and apply.
Nah mate, can we just get you a snare drum and get you to be the dude at Brooky that bashes it consistently all game to annoy the **** outta the opposition ?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8