Where does Weekes fit in ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We will find out soon.

Its almost time for Tommys Annual Corso Challenge. This often opens doors for fringe players.

Hopefully the club doesnt get sucked into paying more than $400K a season for Garrick. Our whole 3/4 line of Garrick, Parker, Harper and Saab should be taking less $1mil out of our cap annually.

Centre and #1 back up fullback, top up garrick and leave him on the wing or let him chase the $$ and wooden spoon at Newcastle.

Has anyone close to the action heard if Manly are negotiating with Weekes to extend his time with the Sea Eagles? At present he's open to offers for 2024, and I would have thought he is one young lad who Manly need to hold onto. We have him for 2023 but an offer from elsewhere could easily see him sold off if a big offer is made for him, and I would surprised if feelers are not already discussing his future with other clubs.

Has anyone close to the action heard if Manly are negotiating with Weekes to extend his time with the Sea Eagles? At present he's open to offers for 2024, and I would have thought he is one young lad who Manly need to hold onto. We have him for 2023 but an offer from elsewhere could easily see him sold off if a big offer is made for him, and I would surprised if feelers are not already discussing his future with other clubs.

I’m honestly not sold on him. Would like to see more of him against the big boys before making a call. I reckon the club feel the same way.

I don't know what it is, but he has it.

I think the hard thing for him will be getting game time in his best position.

There just maybe some big improvement on the way at Manly in own backyard.
There are a few players fitter than ever at this time of year, who only need to sidestep the Xmas goodies and boozathons to give a sight of what they can do.
Schuster is apparently training far better than ever and needs to if Manly are to add needed attacking zest in 2023.
Weekes looks good, as does young Humphreys who could feature and bulked up....is he a shot at 9, he did trial there 2022 and was ordinary, but bigger, older and who knows.
Another talented half injured at training pre season last year Troy Dargan was stuck behind Reynolds/Walker at South's and couldn't crack top grade....not a rookie, but heard is fit and great depth not there 2022.
A bloke I know had big wraps is another injured potential gun who is a centre, is Jackson Ferris, can score tries for fun and if stays healthy could be that suprise player to watch out for.

I tell you this kid is a faster version of Hynes
It is a shame Des did not see this

He was too blinded with his failing predictable game plans and team selections
I like Des but he lost the plot towards the end of his coaching career
And for the ones that say we made the top 4 the year before
I want to say to them that Tom Turbo made the top 4 and when the coaches worked out if your stop Tom you stop Manly Des had no answers . He could not get his team up to win games when turbo was contained and we were labelled flat track bullies for the first time in our proud history

Surely he will be #14 next year.

Has a great opportunity to lock in a first grade position and raise his price on the open market

I’m honestly not sold on him. Would like to see more of him against the big boys before making a call. I reckon the club feel the same way.

One could say the same for any new boy on the block. Takes time and at 20 years of age he is on the cusp of getting good game time in first grade. Important to note he's had only a total of 105 minutes of first grade game time from 3 matches so far (13, 12 and 80 minutes). And in that last game he ran 220 metres (not bad for a first full game). Impossible to determine his worth in first grade with such limited time on the field. Like Koula he has loads of pace, evasiveness and ball playing skills, and was a star performer and try scorer in Manly's juniors. Koula, Weekes and Latu Fainu have been the stand out juniors in the backs coming through recently. Thing is we cant lose if we sign him for three years. If he fails at least we've tried. Not signing him could get more egg on those re-signing our talent.

One could say the same for any new boy on the block. Takes time and at 20 years of age he is on the cusp of getting good game time in first grade. Important to note he's had only a total of 105 minutes of first grade game time from 3 matches so far (13, 12 and 80 minutes). And in that last game he ran 220 metres (not bad for a first full game). Impossible to determine his worth in first grade with such limited time on the field. Like Koula he has loads of pace, evasiveness and ball playing skills, and was a star performer and try scorer in Manly's juniors. Koula, Weekes and Latu Fainu have been the stand out juniors in the backs coming through recently. Thing is we cant lose if we sign him for three years. If he fails at least we've tried. Not signing him could get more egg on those re-signing our talent.

Let’s hope he gets a chance to shine 🤞

I know for a fact if Des was still coach he was asking for an early release. I'm hearing that rugby (other clubs also) are in his ear and he does have a background in rugby and league.
Des' interview after the Bulldogs game had some pretty good praise for Weekes, I think he was in the plans. I think there's even a chance Des would've preferred Weekes to Schuster as 5/8 if he didn't have internal pressure to donate the 6 to Schuster this year

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7