Where does Weekes fit in ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hooker. Play him hooker, and fourteen all year. He has a stocky bottom arse and if he's on the bench as a rotation dummy half which Manly badly needs of Croker is going to be the starting 9, he covers all backline options for injury. He has the potential to become a Danny Buderus player and there's a lot more potential for first grade appearances in that position at Manly or any other NRL club in that position than as an outside back or especially a fullback. Crocker's days are numbered and Nas ain't coming back.

I : d like to see Weekes extended to at least 2024 and maybe a club or player option for 2025 . Needs game time to develop his game and not sure that he will get that as a 14 , guys like Walker and Lawton are different propositions and their likelihood [ or previous ] of having some considerable time on the park . 6 or centre probably the only short term options for i st grade but again ideally should have plenty of opportunities to have some game time even if in the lower grades . and that may only be of only and eventually limited interest for him . Can "t keep them all , obvious cliche but with serious talent really have to make every provision to try to keep the up and comers like Weekes . Should be just more then a Weekes by Weekes proposition in his case

Weekes on Garricks wing could be a revelation in attack. Im not sure how he will go defending from wing though? Also taking hitups out of our own half, would need to be spread through the outside backs, as I don't see this as a particularly good use of Weekes skill set.

It may end up that way for a while, though I doubt he'll be in the first grade side first off. The suggestion of taking the 5/8 spot is a little bit of a long shot because I would suspect in Manly's eyes Schuster will be first cab and then Latu Fainu who will turn 18 in 2023. I suspect Latu will be if not in the 30 the in then development group in 2023. But he needs to be signed up.
Weekes on the wing would be a tactical nightmare for Manly. If you think Saab has trouble gaining crucial yardage from our red zone, can you imagine a 90kg rookie who isn't accustomed to taking hit ups? He will be pinned down and carried back, out, smashed left right and centre. Garrick is almost 10kg heavier and is only just learning not how to get bulldozed at the back.

Agreed 100% we need to accommodate Weekes, but our wingers need to be physical specimens... a nuggety cannon ball like To'o, Taufua etc or a Sivo, Sua'alii type. Weekes should be in our spine 1, 6, 7, 9, or 13. Possibly centre but even that could be a defensive disaster as he is definitely a little weak in that department

Possible so. But remember this kid is a full back and therefore is well used to bringing the ball back. Sure he's light, but he's also speedy and clever. And he'll have no trouble catching the ball from kicks...has been doing it for years. May be a clever place for him switching about with Turbo. Saab is very quick and a great finisher, but he doesnt have Weekes' elusiveness. May not be such a silly option, and certainly a great cover for Turbo.

Hooker. Play him hooker, and fourteen all year. He has a stocky bottom arse and if he's on the bench as a rotation dummy half which Manly badly needs of Croker is going to be the starting 9, he covers all backline options for injury. He has the potential to become a Danny Buderus player and there's a lot more potential for first grade appearances in that position at Manly or any other NRL club in that position than as an outside back or especially a fullback. Crocker's days are numbered and Nas ain't coming back.
The games I've watched him play have still not given me a gauge on his defence. I like yur thinking but I'd want to see more of his defence to see if he could cut it there. Similarly with centre position mentioned by others. I have no doubt he could be very good in attack in the position, just need to see a bit more of him in defence.

To be honest, I would like to see the Schu in the 13 and Kaeo in the 6.

If that isn't an option, can he condition for 9 and take the 14 utility role?
As others have said, he covers the backline. If he can take the heat at 9 for 20 a game, and gets the opposition on the back foot with his speed, it may work.

You want a competitive team - Parker is a Must.
If you want a team to Win the Comp, he is a centre option, but hopefully not first choice.
A fan of his spirit and determination, but would not make any other Top 4 team and to be honest, maybe gets a start in a few bottom sides.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9