Where does Weekes fit in ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im hoping that our collective coaching brains trust and the absence of the Furor will result in the players feeling they will get a shot if good enough.

Yes TE. We've got a lot of work to do with this team. I'm feeling exhausted already

Let’s hope he gets a chance to shine 🤞
Lets hope Seibold gives him and other talented players a chance to shine

Lets Hope Seibold is not like the predictable Des

De's predictable game plans and Team selections also predicted his failing and fatal out come in the end

Lets hope Seibold gives him and other talented players a chance to shine

Lets Hope Seibold is not like the predictable Des

De's predictable game plans and Team selections also predicted his failing and fatal out come in the end

Trouble is Bozo they never seem to learn to do what we tell them to do. Obdurate to the end

Im hoping that our collective coaching brains trust and the absence of the Furor will result in the players feeling they will get a shot if good enough.
It was very frustrating for the fans . I cant imagine how frustrating it must have been for the players being over looked after each heavy loss .

Trouble is Bozo they never seem to learn to do what we tell them to do. Obdurate to the end
Des could not Inspire his players or Innovate the change that was needed to get us out of the Flat track bullies rut . Des had the players but he did not have the game plan and apart from some individual brilliance we ran around in circles

Des was a players coach and was loyal to his players and his players liked him but the best endorsement players can give a coach is winning for him on the field, and that was not made possible under his coaching

Des could not Inspire his players or Innovate the change that was needed to get us out of the Flat track bullies rut . Des had the players but he did not have the game plan and apart from some individual brilliance we ran around in circles

Des was a players coach and was loyal to his players and his players liked him but the best endorsement players can give a coach is winning for him on the field, and that was not made possible under his coaching

Its in the genes Bozo. And his was I suspect just a little too tight.

Its in the genes Bozo. And his was I suspect just a little too tight.
The Legendary Des at his best was a Genius on and off the field but all great things come to an end

Except for the Legendary Manly Club that always keeps evolving to excellence

and this is why No one is Bigger than our club

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think that’s the most exciting thing about the changes that have been made , no loyalties.

They’ll want to be successful so the best players will be picked and up and comers should be pushing other players constantly , and given a shot if that’s the case.

If Weekes is the 14 , he would still expect some reasonable time on the footy field , not that dissimilar to Walker . However Weekes is not and probably never will be a ruck suited type player . Open field or free running type role now and into the future and as he has already shown as a one or six Doubt it would be to sub Croker , hopefully not frequently for any back line position . Bit of a quandary , maybe a question soon could be if josh would be prepared to give 13 a go , probably not at this stage but again how to accommodate an emerging talent like Weekes . Then there is Latu Fainu to probably be given his shot soon , maybe as a 7 but still have D C E for a while yet . Weekes as a centre , a possibility . Koula i st choice centre and then a youngster like Fletcher - Myers to give plenty of encouragement to as well . Quite a reasonable suggestion for Weekes to be the 14 but could be just a very short term option as well .

If Weekes is the 14 , he would still expect some reasonable time on the footy field , not that dissimilar to Walker . However Weekes is not and probably never will be a ruck suited type player . Open field or free running type role now and into the future and as he has already shown as a one or six Doubt it would be to sub Croker , hopefully not frequently for any back line position . Bit of a quandary , maybe a question soon could be if josh would be prepared to give 13 a go , probably not at this stage but again how to accommodate an emerging talent like Weekes . Then there is Latu Fainu to probably be given his shot soon , maybe as a 7 but still have D C E for a while yet . Weekes as a centre , a possibility . Koula i st choice centre and then a youngster like Fletcher - Myers to give plenty of encouragement to as well . Quite a reasonable suggestion for Weekes to be the 14 but could be just a very short term option as well .
So many questions at present , must say it’s quite interesting and in a lot of ways exciting.

I think that’s the most exciting thing about the changes that have been made , no loyalties.

They’ll want to be successful so the best players will be picked and up and comers should be pushing other players constantly , and given a shot if that’s the case.
Well said
Positions on the field are not owned but leased each week to the best performer

With Des unless a player broke his leg another player would not get his lucky break into the top team

See the source image

So many questions at present , must say it’s quite interesting and in a lot of ways exciting.
Certainly some delicate balancing coming up , Weekes , Latu Fainu , Fletcher Myers aren 't there yet but look very promising . Then Josh [ Shu ] is still some way off realizing his full potential , Then i look to a couple of the young forwards like Tuitavake and Fifita , possibly Zac Fulton who could really go on with it as well . A few ifs or maybes probable outcomes but always so annoying when eventual really good players make it at other clubs and simply were not given the right opportunity at Manly . No doubt applies occasionally at other clubs as well but still something to avoid if feasible . Quite feasible for Manly to give their current up and comers every opportunity to get to the top level with the club and not be restricted by any other past player doubtful considerations

We have a gluttony of talent coming through. It’s exciting but also don’t think we can fit them all in. I hope we nurture fainu, weekes and koula. Schuster could be anything and I’m glad he’s gonna be first cab off the rank to get his shot coz there’s gonna be a lot of talent coming to dethrone him asap

We have a gluttony of talent coming through. It’s exciting but also don’t think we can fit them all in. I hope we nurture fainu, weekes and koula. Schuster could be anything and I’m glad he’s gonna be first cab off the rank to get his shot coz there’s gonna be a lot of talent coming to dethrone him asap
He’ll need to put in then won’t he ???

AND

By his choice staying home , doing his own pre season and training the house down , it seems he realises that too!!

Last edited:
Our current spine at full fitness:
1. Trbojevic 26 y.o.
6. Schuster 21 y.o.
7. Cherry-Evans 34 y.o.
9. Croker 26 y.o.

Development spine:
1. Weekes
6. Fainu
7. Humphreys
9. Chan Kum Tong

The way I see it, in 3yrs time we will most likely need 3 of the 4 of our development spine to take the place of their senior counterparts (DCE retired, Turbo and Croker approaching 30 with longevity concerns re Turbo in particular). Weekes should have opportunities as early as this season, but the other 3 a little green. Most likely 1 will either not make a successful step up, or otherwise possibly squeezed out. I fear Weekes is coming along at an awkward time for us, as it is too early for a permanent position in our spine, yet he will not hang around for 3 seasons for a full time gig as would be reasonable for the younger other three. I hope Manly can solve this puzzle, and I think 14 may not be the best for Weekes or for Manly long term. Maybe he can play centre? Maybe Turbo switches to centre to accommodate as they did for Walsh? Maybe Turbo is out all year every year and he slots in to fb immediately? Just hope we don't lose this one, cause if we regret letting Gutho, and Hynes go, I feel this one would hurt more.

Des' interview after the Bulldogs game had some pretty good praise for Weekes, I think he was in the plans. I think there's even a chance Des would've preferred Weekes to Schuster as 5/8 if he didn't have internal pressure to donate the 6 to Schuster this year

Let's just say the damage was done rightly or wrongly the people around Kaeo and himself believe that he should have been given a go earlier.

Younger guys these days have no patience. I do feel Des held him back a bit long though I rate him.

Be interesting to see him under new coaches I expect him to play a lot of first grade this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4