Where does Weekes fit in ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Certainly somewhere.....
Make no mistake, this kid has massive ability and is a "Must Keep".
I rate him as potentially a faster version of Nicho Hynes and has so much versatility on his side.
Schu will have first crack at 5/8 and deservedly so, but 5/8 is where I feel Weekes can excel.
Personally if I had a say on positions, which I don't - Schu to lock, Jake to prop and Weekes starting 5/8.
Also has the ingredients to make a solid play for a centre spot and would have him above others as Koula's opposite centre as another option....keeping Garrick in his proven wing position.
He will likely start off the bench in 2023, where he can fill in basically anywhere in the backline and just maybe even at dummy half off the bench to ask questions around the middle.
What's the thoughts - does he deserve a spot in the 17 and what other positional options do Silvertails see for the talented kid ?

14 this year or they’ll struggle to keep him.
At least I feel all our youngsters are a better chance of getting a chance to show their wares than they were under Des.

Weekes on Garricks wing could be a revelation in attack. Im not sure how he will go defending from wing though? Also taking hitups out of our own half, would need to be spread through the outside backs, as I don't see this as a particularly good use of Weekes skill set.

Certainly somewhere.....
Make no mistake, this kid has massive ability and is a "Must Keep".
I rate him as potentially a faster version of Nicho Hynes and has so much versatility on his side.
Schu will have first crack at 5/8 and deservedly so, but 5/8 is where I feel Weekes can excel.
Personally if I had a say on positions, which I don't - Schu to lock, Jake to prop and Weekes starting 5/8.
Also has the ingredients to make a solid play for a centre spot and would have him above others as Koula's opposite centre as another option....keeping Garrick in his proven wing position.
He will likely start off the bench in 2023, where he can fill in basically anywhere in the backline and just maybe even at dummy half off the bench to ask questions around the middle.
What's the thoughts - does he deserve a spot in the 17 and what other positional options do Silvertails see for the talented kid ?
Unfortunate that this Garrick situation is looking like it will ruin his chance at a starting centre spot as this is were i'd like to see him.

Unfortunate that this Garrick situation is looking like it will ruin his chance at a starting centre spot as this is were i'd like to see him.
I agree totally, as Garrick's main improvement is his tough carries and quick plays coming out of trouble, as a winger....which is a super important part of winning momentum in the modern game....Weekes would make a great evasive centre.
Not sure the outcome of Garrick yet, but there was 2 players Manly were looking at from the other club and that's why a "swap" was mentioned.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4