Whats happened to Cade Cust?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess Cust going to the Dogs was fake news.

If he truly is staying with Manly next year, it would be great if he was given the opportunity to play / share the hooker role in the off season with Croker as we know Fainu will not be back until 2023 minimum, if at all.
Assuming Des will still keep Lawton as as 2nd rower?

IMO we need a more dynamic #9 in attack as well as being a great defensive player.
All the teams above us have dynamic attacking players - Cheese, Cook, Api.

Cust has that ability in him.

Yes, the timing of letting Api go when he was signed with us, to upgrade gangsta Fainu contract is so much more than unfortunate.

All I hope is Fainu is not spending all his large contract $$, as if found guilty he will have to pay it back.
If the Riff win on Sunday then Api will have gone:
Souffs 2014 (Premiership),
Riff 2015 (11th),
Manly 2016-19 (13th, 6th, 15th, 6th),
Riff 2020-21 (R/Up, Premiership)....

thank F he had that sh*t year at the Riff in 2015 eh..?

If he truly is staying with Manly next year, it would be great if he was given the opportunity to play / share the hooker role in the off season with Croker as we know Fainu will not be back until 2023 minimum, if at all.

IMO we need a more dynamic #9 in attack as well as being a great defensive player.

I like Cust - but in terms of the back up hooker then give me Lawton any day of the week. Cust would offer something in attack but would get targeted on Defence.

Also given Lawton was coming off a terrible achilles injury then he may actually improve next season.

I like Lawton but if we are looking at someone dynamic is it really going to be a bloke who plays as a back rower?

Cust is very dynamic in attack but is a liability in defence. I was a massive Cust advocate 2 years ago but his ability to hold the middle 3rd seems to be a bit of a challenge. I’ve watched him defend the middle and teams push through his zone more often than not.

Cust is very dynamic in attack but is a liability in defence. I was a massive Cust advocate 2 years ago but his ability to hold the middle 3rd seems to be a bit of a challenge. I’ve watched him defend the middle and teams push through his zone more often than not.

Honestly, I have not seen enough of him play in the past 12 months to comment if his defence has improved.
He is only young, so I would hope so.

Honestly, I have not seen enough of him play in the past 12 months to comment if his defence has improved.
He is only young, so I would hope so.
He's aggressive and he seems hungry. There might be scope to become a decent defender in time. But as you say we have barely seen him play to see if there has been improvement in this area

I like Lawton but if we are looking at someone dynamic is it really going to be a bloke who plays as a back rower?
Lawton was a half and i'm sure he has a lot more dynamics to offer if he was allowed to show it. The small amount of time he was given at 9 this year would have come with explicit instructions We will never know what he's got unless he gets a proper crack at it. Maybe the pre-season will concentrate on a proper Frog/Lawton combo at 9...coz Fainu won't be playing FG next year.

Cust is a halfback he plays his better football there
Unfortunately he is stuck behind DCE and by the time DCE is done Cust will have missed his opportunity at Manly
Des had the choice of Croker and Cust to make a hooker out of them and he persisted with Croker
Cust best interest would to move on and play halfback at another club or he can stay in the top 30 at Manly and get little opportunity

Yes, the timing of letting Api go when he was signed with us, to upgrade gangsta Fainu contract is so much more than unfortunate.

All I hope is Fainu is not spending all his large contract $$, as if found guilty he will have to pay it back.
He’d have to be seeing a psych once a week surely. If he’s innocent, I couldn’t imagine the mental torture he has/is going thru.

This is the problem with Croker

He’s been great and well deserves his spot but we really have an opportunity cost here in not giving Cust a go.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4