Whats happened to Cade Cust?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like Cust and feel like he should have had more of a go just to work out what his ceiling can be. However got to respect Des's ranking of him in the pecking order.

I think he is definitely a first grader but to be honest i wont be losing any sleep if he signs elsewhere.

My issue with Cust is a lack of talent. He is an opportunist that takes on the line on and can throw a half decent short ball but he has a lack of vision and one of the worst 'drops' for a kick that i've seen in FG. I've never seen him organise, never seen him throw out balls, never seen him kick long effectively. He is rugged and honest and hardworking but he does not have the tools to be an elite half.

He reminds me a lot of Travis Burns.

My issue with Cust is a lack of talent. He is an opportunist that takes on the line on and can throw a half decent short ball but he has a lack of vision and one of the worst 'drops' for a kick that i've seen in FG. I've never seen him organise, never seen him throw out balls, never seen him kick long effectively. He is rugged and honest and hardworking but he does not have the tools to be an elite half.

He reminds me a lot of Travis Burns.
Did he not kick a good 40 / 20 in the last game he played.

I like Cust and feel like he should have had more of a go just to work out what his ceiling can be. However got to respect Des's ranking of him in the pecking order.

I think he is definitely a first grader but to be honest i wont be losing any sleep if he signs elsewhere.
The reality is that with all our players back, he barely makes our best 21, let alone our best 17. That's based both on his talent and utility. We already have two utilities on the bench. He wont get picked as 18th man, Suli will be in that spot. Sironen will be 19th, Sipley as 20th and De Luis as 21st. Cust and Gosiewski will both probably drop out. If/when Fainu returns next year there is simply no way that Cust gets another shot.

Yes they do. Barrett. He wasn't a bad half and now he's almost half a coach, and up to now he's been doing things by halves. If only he had half the nous to know how to get more than half the value out of the halves he continues to bisect.
😂

Yes...I’ve observed him right from his early days coming through and work was done by coaches on improving his ‘drop’ so he could kick consistently well. It’s well known that his kicking game needs work.

I used to think the way you do. There was someone on here praising this kid as the next immortal when he must have been 12.

He has always looked a little too small. Not quite up to the next grade. He might take a while, but he doesn't just make the grade. He makes the next one. And the next one.

He's changed my mind. I'm convinced he is a future star.

What he is is unorthodox.

Its the Alan Langer argument 30 odd years ago isn't it. He never be a good no 7, he's too small, no long kicking game, and when you think of the game managers at the time, the Sterling's and the Lewis's, he just doesn't fit that mould.

If you think back to that under 20s grand final. Cust struggled for a starting spot early on. Then just before finals. He just went up 3 gears. He made that side so so much better.

He's every bit a first grader.

He's just got something you can't put your finger on. But it works.

I used to think the way you do. There was someone on here praising this kid as the next immortal when he must have been 12.

He has always looked a little too small. Not quite up to the next grade. He might take a while, but he doesn't just make the grade. He makes the next one. And the next one.

He's changed my mind. I'm convinced he is a future star.

What he is is unorthodox.

Its the Alan Langer argument 30 odd years ago isn't it. He never be a good no 7, he's too small, no long kicking game, and when you think of the game managers at the time, the Sterling's and the Lewis's, he just doesn't fit that mould.

If you think back to that under 20s grand final. Cust struggled for a starting spot early on. Then just before finals. He just went up 3 gears. He made that side so so much better.

He's every bit a first grader.

He's just got something you can't put your finger on. But it works.
Glenn Stewart bided his time and was another player that always had that ‘something’.

Max Krilich could also tell Cade a thing or two about biding your time - he had to wait until his 6th season of grade football, before becoming Manly’s regular hooker.

If the Telegraph is correct today and the Dogs are shopping Elliott around so they can create space for a hooker, it might be they are after Cust.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8