What can the club do to keep Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of all the Des issues, losing Foran worries me the most. Hopefully a season under Tooves will give him the confidence to stay. I do think that maybe the club should fast track him to being our Captain.

Thoughts?

They say that the Dogs contacted Easts to offload Keating to them as Carney is gone. I'd say that means he's going to the Dogs. Hope it's all paper crap and that Foran will stay. He has long term career/legend of the game written all over him.

The club itself can't do a whole lot. If he wants to go, then he'll go.

However, the playing roster can make the club THE place to be (as if it isn't already) by instilling an even greater culture in the club and make it a club that players wouldn't want to leave.

How they do that I don't know as, apart from Will Hoppa, I can't remember the last time the club lost a player they really wanted to keep. The place must be unbelievable - just look at Ben Kennedy - played for the club for 2 years and the place got in his blood (until the Zorba thing anyway)............keep that culture going and he won't want to go anywhere.

mmmdl said:

However, the playing roster can make the club THE place to be (as if it isn't already) by instilling an even greater culture in the club and make it a club that players wouldn't want to leave.

How they do that I don't know as, apart from Will Hoppa, I can't remember the last time the club lost a player they really wanted to keep. The place must be unbelievable - just look at Ben Kennedy - played for the club for 2 years and the place got in his blood (until the Zorba thing anyway)............keep that culture going and he won't want to go anywhere.

BK? Really rock solid. Regardless of what we as fans say the club did really want to keep both JWH & Dogkinson. Thankfully the dogs didn't learn from their last mistake and went for the no 1 instead of the no 2 and I predict similar results this time around.

Masked Eagle said:
mmmdl said:

BK? Really rock solid. Regardless of what we as fans say the club did really want to keep both JWH & Dogkinson. Thankfully the dogs didn't learn from their last mistake and went for the no 1 instead of the no 2 and I predict similar results this time around.

Lol Hodkinson is worse than sandow, should play centre or five eighth, has zero flair

Remind him which club he just played in a Grand Final with, then tell him to weigh up his prospects of playing in another one with some of the clubs that are trying to recruit him.

20min drive to training, getting from the beaches to say Dog territory will be a nightmare of at least 1 1/2 hour trip assuming he keeps living up there, he should speak to Joe

I'm as passionate about the team as the next man but I've reached the point of, go if you want to go and let the club move forward.

In Brett's case I realise it's all paper talk but I would be very disappointed if he jumped ship after all the support he has received from the club and supporters in his darkest hours.

Keiran, as much as I love seeing him in the maroon and white I don't want the club to fork out so much money that we become a "One Trick Pony" like the cowboys and anyway I think DCE is just as, if not more important to our club. The reality is we may not be able to keep both and retain a balanced team, so if tough decisions need to be made lets take some time to reflect before we start to cast dispersions at the club.

I sure some may read this and doubt my loyalty but we have built a fantastic roster and the nature of the salary cap says we will be punished for our success, so let those who feel part of the club stay and to the others...so long and thanks for all the memories.

You say:

Hey Foz,
This team made 3 grand finals in 5 years. The only reason you lost one was that the storm were a massivly cheating bunch of scumbags and the nrl were too big of pussies to rightfully award manly the 2007 title.

If you think that was all because of Des, shop around. If you think your blood sweat and tears and that of your teammates played a little part in this phenominal success, and you would like some more then stick around. Here's your upgraded contract.

Red Sea Eagle said:
Of all the Des issues, losing Foran worries me the most. Hopefully a season under Tooves will give him the confidence to stay. I do think that maybe the club should fast track him to being our Captain.

Thoughts?

Of the playmakers in our side losing Gift or DCE worries me the most. I'd love to keep them all but it will be tough.

Foran's biggest assets are his leadership qualities. Watch him when the going gets tough on the field. He always lifts which sends a message to his team mates of "follow me, I'll show you how it's done". Kepping Foran could be as simple as acknowledging that and promising him the captaincy down the track.

All that needs to happen is 2V to ask him does he think his future lays with Manly or elsewhere. If it's Manly, then Perry should work out a deal to tie him up long term. If the answer is elsewhere, tell him not to bother with the WCC ... Go now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7