What can the club do to keep Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
AARON LAWTON

He's the hottest property in rugby league but Grand Final-winning Sea Eagles and Kiwis playmaker Kieran Foran has dropped a bombshell, declaring his older brother Liam is the better footballer.

Several years ago, the Kiwi-born duo, who grew up in Auckland, were touted in the Australian press as "the next big thing" and compared to legendary Newcastle brothers Andrew and Matthew Johns.

From those promising beginnings, their paths couldn't have been more different.

Kieran entered the Sea Eagles system in 2008, played for the club's under-20s side and it wasn't long before he was a regular at first-grade level.

His on-field form was rewarded with a call-up to the Kiwis a year later and earlier this season he helped guide the Sea Eagles to Grand Final glory.

And just this week, if the rumours are true, the Bulldogs are preparing to drop more than $2 million to try to entice him to Belmore in 2013 on a three-year deal.

Brother Liam, now 23, has not fared so well, however.

In 2008, he made three first-grade appearances for the Melbourne Storm before joining the Warriors a year later.

He failed to make the Auckland club's top side, moved back to Sydney, and has not been sighted since. He spent an unsuccessful year with the Roosters last season and has since joined his younger sibling at Manly.

Liam still hasn't added to the three first-grade caps he secured in 2008 but Kieran is adamant, given the right chance, his older brother will shine.

And he still holds a belief the two of them will one day play in the NRL together. "Everyone's path is different. That's what I tell people," Kieran, who lined up for the Kiwis against England in Hull this morning, said.

"Sometimes people have to go through a few more obstacles than others.

"Not everyone can crack the NRL as a 17 or 18-year-old. Some are lucky enough to do that, while others develop and come in a bit a later.

"I've still got plenty of faith he's going to kick on.

"I tell everyone this: he's a better player than I am. That's the truth.

"If we're talking about things like skills, I can't do half the things Liam can."

While it would be easy for Liam to be envious of the success that appears to have come easy for his baby brother, Kieran insists they are still as close as they've ever been.

As teenagers living in Sydney, they used to rise at 4am to train in the backyard, hoping that one day they'd play together on the biggest stage of all.

"We're very tight and, for me, one of my goals I've still to tick off is playing alongside him at NRL level," Kieran said.

"We grew up saying we wanted to play in the NRL together and for the Kiwis together. I've still got faith it will happen.

"We speak every day and we live out of each other's pockets. We're thick as thieves and my path has gone one way and his has gone in a slightly different direction.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2