Well well well>>>you wanted a halfback???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Well well well>>>you wanted a halfback???

conanu link said:
Remember the empty can rattles the most.

I've thought about that and still don't get it. If it's empty..... I guess if you stick a pea inside some of the craniums around here there might be a sound. And Baz and Moops, that wasn't directed to you although I feel you may already think so.

I agree quinny this kid is good, as for TH,he is playing ok but hardly setting the world on fire.

I wish people would stop with the Knights were so deflated blah, blah, blah with Gidley out.

We had Lyon, Rodney, Matai, T Williams all unavailable, and I'm sure Wolfie, Hoppa, G Stewart weren't playing at 100% health.

I think our win was just as couragious

Ryan link said:
I wish people would stop with the Knights were so deflated blah, blah, blah with Gidley out.

We had Lyon, Rodney, Matai, T Williams all unavailable, and I'm sure Wolfie, Hoppa, G Stewart weren't playing at 100% health.

I think our win was just as couragious

Yep, three of our best players on the sideline so the knights had no excuse really.

Everyone seems to just judge DCE on kicking???  He looks way more dangerous than Dogkinson (& i wish that Fu##stick well) with the ball & in another 5-7 rounds will break the line with step & speed. The season is young but lets give this guy due credit in limited top flight games - a huge prospect who is delivering on cue.

From one nut to another, you sure have come out with all guns blazing...hope you can handle the pace because the posters on here can be mercilous.

PS: I know you didn't say "world class" you idiot......I did!!

quinny link said:
1. Just cause you post frequently, I don't give a s**t
2. I am very excitable
3. I cannot stand grandstand criticism-especially from nfi supporters (not that I would agree to listen to their raving s**t)
4. I love robust debate
5. I don't jum[p on bandwagons-rather watch what is before my eyes and comment.
6. Please jump in and serve me up if you feel I have threatened your space-it was unintentional, but I reserve the right to tell you to go and stick your comments where the sun don't shine.
7. I respect all of your comments, as long as they are constructive and relavent....which some have not been.

Go Manly-and f**k all those who want to joust and put down free speach.

AMEN

2011...Year of the Sea Eagle

Points 3 and 5 must be a source of constant internal conflict for you.

BAZ link said:
Hey Garts. Tongue in cheek is hard to decipher in type on a text, SMS, or email.
These media don't communicate any real meaning or emotion at all. Tricky.

Very true BAZ. Without actually talking face to face with someone, it is very hard sometimes to put things into perspective and determine how to take some of the things that are written in these forums. Emoticons do help a bit.

Gidley has been out all season yeah? So the same knights side won the last 2 weeks without him, so full credit to our guys.
We beat them to a pulp in the first half then just played with the carcass in the 2nd. We were never in trouble once it got to 20 - 6. Not the greatest game i've ever seen, but a wins a win and nothing helps the confidence of a young bloke more than winning matches.

i am a bloke quinny.120kg and ugly as sin.not that it matters.

i thought it was aa great win yesterday.after that tough roosters hitout to back up with a physical performance like that was great.i think some misunderstand what i am saying.i have said that based on what i have seen as young players both TH and DCE should end up fine players over time.both are well ahead of where most young halves are at this stage of their carreer.pearce is always referred to as a great young player.many forget this is his 4th year of grade and he is now a very good half.he was up and down like a brides nighty in his first couple of years.i am glad we ended up with DCE over TH mainly because he will complement our tough uncompromising play a little better.We are a little short on creativity at times so a slightly more adventurous half like DCE is a better option than a hard tackling workaholic like TH.

The real standout for me is that DCE looks to have time when making his plays and you can't coach that.Cut him some slack when he has a bad game(as he will),let him develop and we have a great young prospect.

I try to keep up with most of the posts on here and I can't actually remember anyone bagging DCE out since his first grade debut.

Early days but he looks like a good fit, I'm sure the Raiders fans aren't feeling as comfortable just yet.

there were quite a few bagging DCE after the Melbourne game MB.no problem with them criticising anyone's play but young halves copping it after a few games annoys me.

TH gets it each week from all quarters and he is improving steadily each week.complements keating and their fleetfooted backs very well I think.2 try assists yesterday and great defence.he will end up a good consistent firstgrader down the track.i am really looking forward to the game against the dogs.i can see us meeting them in a finals game this year.forward clash should be brutal.

susan link said:
there were quite a few bagging DCE after the Melbourne game MB.no problem with them criticising anyone's play but young halves copping it after a few games annoys me.

TH gets it each week from all quarters and he is improving steadily each week.complements keating and their fleetfooted backs very well I think.2 try assists yesterday and great defence.he will end up a good consistent firstgrader down the track.i am really looking forward to the game against the dogs.i can see us meeting them in a finals game this year.forward clash should be brutal.
Totally agree with your views on Trent Hodkinson Sue, he's playing very solid football in an unbeaten side and really compliments the Bulldogs style of play.
It's actually worked out quit well all round, two different styles of halves both suited to each clubs needs. I'm pretty happy with how it's worked out for us, especially in terms of value for money.

One thing in his game that he will learn with time anyway is the whole kicking for himself. He did it once or twice in the second half yesterday when a bomb for a 50/50 ball probably would have been better.

But its just time that will change that

I think he's also benefiting from having Foran on one side and Gifty on the other, that's taking a lot of pressure of the kid and that's great as the more games he gets under his belt the better he will be!

speaking of Gifty hasn't he come alive with ball playing?

susan link said:
i am glad we ended up with DCE over TH mainly because he will complement our tough uncompromising play a little better.We are a little short on creativity at times so a slightly more adventurous half like DCE is a better option than a hard tackling workaholic like TH.

Im adding to that to say that i prefer Turtles kicking game over TH. It aint perfect but its more directed at making metres by avoiding defenders and it seems more creative close to the line. Goal kicking is a bonus if we can rely on him and let Lyon concentrate on his game.

Dan link said:
speaking of Gifty hasn't he come alive with ball playing?

His last two games have been wonderful, funny how him being rejuvinated has also meant two wins!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6